+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Secondary Verification

UNHCR

Oct 13, 2015
Greetings friends,
My story: I live in Canada as PR.
going for the secondary school equivalency assessment with WES as I finished my high school in IRAQ.
Was able to submit my transcripts in a sealed and stamped envelope which was sent directly from my issuing institution to WES.
As WES accepted the documents but now they are conducting a SECONDARY VERIFICATION as they have sent photocopies of my transcripts along with a request via email to the issuing institution to be verified.
I've checked with my institution multiple times and they confirmed that they haven't received any email from WES.
My institution have only 1 official email address and they asked me to notify WES about it but apparently WES doesn't want to listen and completely ignore that.
Not sure which email address have WES used to send the documents to but it's definitely not my institution's.
Sent over a dozen of emails to WES to address the issue but every time customer service agents reply with irrelevant answers or repeated info.
How WES is expecting a response back from my institution if they have sent the documents to the wrong recipient!!!!
WES said that they give 7 weeks for the institution to reply back and after that they will send another request which is completely a waste of time.
Now I'm not eligible for the WES Gateway Program since I've submitted my transcripts in a sealed envelope.

This is the email that WES have sent me :

Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES).
We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents.
This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to Ministry of Education. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.
Response times vary and can take just a few days or can extend to weeks. If we do not receive a response from the institution within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do at this time. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution.

Please if any one has any info will be greatly appreciated as I lost hope and my whole future is slipping away from me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why is your whole world slipping away if you are PR? WES may have sent an email even if your institution says they haven’t received it. WES states that after 7 weeks they will follow up again. So if WES has the correct email then they will resend. Just ask WES if they have the correct email.

UNHCR

Oct 13, 2015
Why is your whole world slipping away if you are PR? WES may have sent an email even if your institution says they haven’t received it. WES states that after 7 weeks they will follow up again. So if WES has the correct email then they will resend. Just ask WES if they have the correct email.
thank you for the reply, I did ask WES so many times if they have the correct email but they refuse to share any info.
My institution confirms 100% that they haven't received anything from WES.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for the reply, I did ask WES so many times if they have the correct email but they refuse to share any info.
My institution confirms 100% that they haven't received anything from WES.
There isn’t much you can do. ECAs are backlogged so wait until you hear back from them when they follow up again.

NS GANESH

Mar 23, 2021
Greetings friends,
My story: I live in Canada as PR.
going for the secondary school equivalency assessment with WES as I finished my high school in IRAQ.
Was able to submit my transcripts in a sealed and stamped envelope which was sent directly from my issuing institution to WES.
As WES accepted the documents but now they are conducting a SECONDARY VERIFICATION as they have sent photocopies of my transcripts along with a request via email to the issuing institution to be verified.
I've checked with my institution multiple times and they confirmed that they haven't received any email from WES.
My institution have only 1 official email address and they asked me to notify WES about it but apparently WES doesn't want to listen and completely ignore that.
Not sure which email address have WES used to send the documents to but it's definitely not my institution's.
Sent over a dozen of emails to WES to address the issue but every time customer service agents reply with irrelevant answers or repeated info.
How WES is expecting a response back from my institution if they have sent the documents to the wrong recipient!!!!
WES said that they give 7 weeks for the institution to reply back and after that they will send another request which is completely a waste of time.
Now I'm not eligible for the WES Gateway Program since I've submitted my transcripts in a sealed envelope.

This is the email that WES have sent me :

Thank you for submitting your credentials for evaluation to World Education Services (WES).
We are committed to preparing evaluations based on documents that are accurate and valid. Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents.
This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to Ministry of Education. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.
Response times vary and can take just a few days or can extend to weeks. If we do not receive a response from the institution within seven weeks, we will automatically send another request. There is nothing that you need to do at this time. This communication is strictly between WES and the institution.

Please if any one has any info will be greatly appreciated as I lost hope and my whole future is slipping away from me.
The content is same in that email what i am received from WES in a month ago, I reach my university to check that info, They answer the same, they didn't receive any email or standard post. I still waiting for my turn to respond, hope i received soon.

ab1111ab

Dec 31, 2021
Hi,
I have a question to ask friends. My wes educational assessment was completed & verified for my bcom degree in 2015 - October while I was planning to apply for my pr. I was given Canadian equivalent assessment certificate as well. Now today I am receiving an email from wes after 6 years stating that they have put my application on hold & needs secondary verification from my university. It's the same email as stated by first writer in this thread. How can they put my application on hold when it was already evaluated in 2015 and granted equivalency at that time itself. I am a Canadian Citizen now. Do I need to bother trying to reach out to university requesting them to revert back or anything like that as wes states in the email that they will close my Wes account permanently & state fraudulent if they can't verify and all that bullshit. Should I even be bothered trying to connect with wes or my university for this as I am already a Canadian Citizen and they are stating to put my application on hold for something they already approved back in 2015. Please share some knowledge as it's annoying and useless at the same time.

NS GANESH

Mar 23, 2021
Hi,
I have a question to ask friends. My wes educational assessment was completed & verified for my bcom degree in 2015 - October while I was planning to apply for my pr. I was given Canadian equivalent assessment certificate as well. Now today I am receiving an email from wes after 6 years stating that they have put my application on hold & needs secondary verification from my university. It's the same email as stated by first writer in this thread. How can they put my application on hold when it was already evaluated in 2015 and granted equivalency at that time itself. I am a Canadian Citizen now. Do I need to bother trying to reach out to university requesting them to revert back or anything like that as wes states in the email that they will close my Wes account permanently & state fraudulent if they can't verify and all that bullshit. Should I even be bothered trying to connect with wes or my university for this as I am already a Canadian Citizen and they are stating to put my application on hold for something they already approved back in 2015. Please share some knowledge as it's annoying and useless at the same time.
Hi,

* Its my opinion / Understanding *
According to WES policy ECA valid for 5 years and you need to renew after that. You mention that you are got your citizenship there. Its your wish to renew your ECA if its necessary for future purposes. So the decisions yours.

Thanks