+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES rule changes for India: DEC'2018-Word of caution

ajay532

Aug 16, 2018
Hello Guys

Anyone who has applied for transcripts from kurukshetra university. Also, does KUK has an option to send documents to canada(WES) directly

janvipriya

Dec 17, 2018
Okay. Thanks. Please let me know if you hear anything from WES when they receive your documents. My university also declined to send the documents saying they don't have any such process...
Same here. My university ( NIT Kurukshetra) also denied the request. Not sure how to proceed further. Any suggestions ?

Dec 15, 2018
They send we don't send anything out of the univ. You can send it from the univ premises, just dont write your name on it. That is the solution they gave me
This is not
They send we don't send anything out of the univ. You can send it from the univ premises, just dont write your name on it. That is the solution they gave me
what if they i mean WES writes back to the university to cross check. The university will clearly say that we didn’t send out any transcripts. Then we might look like a fraud even though its genuine

minimutiny

Dec 13, 2018
This is not

what if they i mean WES writes back to the university to cross check. The university will clearly say that we didn’t send out any transcripts. Then we might look like a fraud even though its genuine
I've personally gone to Pune Univ last week and that's the answer they gave me.

Mar 29, 2016
My University (MDU, Rohtak) also denied point blank. Some sensible officer in the Registrar's office opined that it is not a question of a simple one line change...it is an entire process change because they will have to create provision in their application forms (online and/or offline versions) to first add the fields to capture the Address and WES Reference Numbers (to where the transcripts will have to be sent) plus they will have to calculate & apply fee increase to accommodate courier + additional service charges. Also, International couriers from India require KYC, i.e. an ID proof has to be attached of the sender (whose will it be, I don't know). Most of the Universities do not have an International Courier Policy. The University will have to make several such changes. All these changes take time and require procedural approvals after deliberations at higher levels. No University will do whimsical changes just because some particular Company in some corner of the world has changed its policies.

Update-1: I raised this issue with WES Customer Care 3 days back and they came back with the reply as follows (sic):
"Thank you for your inquiry.
You can leave your file open as long as necessary for the university to send us the required documents. Unfortunately the only other option is to drop the credential from your application.
Since the university was already attesting and sealing marks, hopefully they will shortly come up with a plan on sending those sealed envelopes.
Thank you for your patience,
WES Customer Service"

Update-2: After seeing the above response, I realised that it is no good use wasting time with them. I have cancelled my application with WES today and have asked for a refund of my fees. Their FAQs on refund state that they will deduct CAD 50, which is fine. I'd rather choose one of the other ECA evaluators who are more sensible with their policies.

Hi
Even other ECA evaluators are recommending the same procedure.
I tried IQAS and ICAS they are also recommending the same.

However if you have any extra information, please do share.

hemantab

Dec 8, 2018
Hi
Even other ECA evaluators are recommending the same procedure.
I tried IQAS and ICAS they are also recommending the same.

However if you have any extra information, please do share.
IQAS has both processes - directly from Institution and also from Candidates in Sealed Envelopes. Not sure if they have also changed it recently. But their website states that they accept documents in both modes.

hemantab

Dec 8, 2018
This is not

Rather than making a genuine case look like fraud (by sending docs yourself and claiming Univ sent them), it is better to get your ECA done by someone else who is still accepting documents from candidates (like IQAS & CES). I haven't applied yet, but will be submitting to IQAS.

Reactions: rubyrupali
Mar 29, 2016
Rather than making a genuine case look like fraud (by sending docs yourself and claiming Univ sent them), it is better to get your ECA done by someone else who is still accepting documents from candidates (like IQAS & CES). I haven't applied yet, but will be submitting to IQAS.
But this is what the requirement for IQAS in the below link:
https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/iqas/eca-required-documents.pdf

Not sure if you have gone through this document.
Totally in a dicy situation..