AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Too many cheats and liars... A few bad people and a whole country suffers...

I can imagine this could be a nightmare, depending on how cooperative and efficient your University is.

Do the other ECA providers apply the same policy?

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
guys got a standard reply from WES, not happy with response
Will keep you posted for any updates
Dear Sahil,

Thank you for your message.

Please carefully review the required documents for India.

World Education Services (WES) requires annual mark sheets / statement of marks issued and attested by the institution that conducted the examinations. The mark sheets / statements of marks must be sent directly to WES by institution in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer. WES will not accept documents sent by colleges, students themselves, third party agents, or anyone else.

This applies to all applications received on or after December 1st, 2018, with no exceptions.

Best regards,

Michael H.
WES Customer Service

fredybouy

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
This is going to be very inconvenient. I just got my reference number on 1st Dec. Now the university will take its own sweet time to send documents and all profiles are going to suffer. Plus I am not aware how do you send documents from multiple universities? Like I have 2 evaluations to be done one for diploma and other for degree?

Some experts here really need to address this and help with a solution in terms of what would be the best way to make the uni people work fast. :?

Also, i have both the envelopes sealed and ready with me. Can I send 2 individual sealed envolpes on behalf of University(putting "From" address as universities address). I am not sure how differently is the university going to send the documents for WES to be sure that unis have sent it and not individuals. :/

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
This is going to be very inconvenient. I just got my reference number on 1st Dec. Now the university will take its own sweet time to send documents and all profiles are going to suffer. Plus I am not aware how do you send documents from multiple universities? Like I have 2 evaluations to be done one for diploma and other for degree?

Some experts here really need to address this and help with a solution in terms of what would be the best way to make the uni people work fast. :?

Also, i have both the envelopes sealed and ready with me. Can I send 2 individual sealed envolpes on behalf of University(putting "From" address as universities address). I am not sure how differently is the university going to send the documents for WES to be sure that unis have sent it and not individuals. :/
No please dont do that. If they need directly from university than there is a form that the university sends along with the transcripts, to confirm it is directly coming from the University.
It looks something like this : https://applications.wes.org/OnlineApp/pdf/ca/International_Transcript_Request.pdf

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Section A will be filled by the applicant and Section B will filled and stamped by University official

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
What has changed? Didn't the Indian people send the documents via their universities before as well? For Pakistan, everything is centralized for WES as we just need to get it attested from HEC (Higher Education Commission) through one of their offices and there is no need at all to visit university. Quite simple and appreciable process as all registration is online and you just have to go on one day to submit and receive back the verified documents and have them sealed and ready to sent.

Reactions: visatest

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
What has changed? Didn't the Indian people send the documents via their universities before as well? For Pakistan, everything is centralized for WES as we just need to get it attested from HEC (Higher Education Commission) through one of their offices and there is no need at all to visit university. Quite simple and appreciable process as all registration is online and you just have to go on one day to submit and receive back the verified documents and have them sealed and ready to sent.
Unlikely you're even remotely aware of the way Indian universities operate.
Suffice to say, this is a nightmare especially for graduates of smaller and lesser known universities. For example, I'm pretty sure my bachelor's university will not send transcripts directly anywhere, not even to Ivy League universities, because their procedure is to simply handover the transcripts to us. They won't change their rules simply because some organisation somewhere in Canada wants them to send it directly.

Reactions: aamool

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
how does WES know if the institution or the student mailed the document. cant the student just drop it off from a university mailbox?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Unlikely you're even remotely aware of the way Indian universities operate.
Suffice to say, this is a nightmare especially for graduates of smaller and lesser known universities. For example, I'm pretty sure my bachelor's university will not send transcripts directly anywhere, not even to Ivy League universities, because their procedure is to simply handover the transcripts to us. They won't change their rules simply because some organisation somewhere in Canada wants them to send it directly.
Haha. That's why I was asking how they operate.