+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Result Query

Dipanshu26

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Either way, even if the ECA says that the certification is one year, applicant cannot claim points for 2 or more degrees.
I am not sure about the source of your information but as per official websites, when person applies for two or more certificate option, one of them needs to be of at least three years and other one can be one, two or three years. My professional consultant and WES customer care and experts on various forums have confirmed this.

Furthermore, my friend holding a PR had applied as two or more cert and equivalency was bachelors plus completion of college level cert (one year).

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I am not sure about the source of your information but as per official websites, when person applies for two or more certificate option, one of them needs to be of at least three years and other one can be one, two or three years. My professional consultant and WES customer care and experts on various forums have confirmed this.

Furthermore, my friend holding a PR had applied as two or more cert and equivalency was bachelors plus completion of college level cert (one year).

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.
ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree
PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

I am a member of some facebook groups for express entry as well, in the past 4 months, I can recall 3 different cases where applications were rejected on eligibility grounds (points reduction from two or more degree to that of only bachelor degree) where the applicant had an equivalency of 1 year graduate study and another with 1 year college certificate equivalency.

One year post graduate certificate is fine but one year certificate/graduate studies lie in grey areas and will be open to the judgement by the case officer.

Your friend had been really lucky to get passed through, the people who got rejected were not that lucky though.

By the way, WES customer care is not the right department to seek immigration advice. Also, most of the "professional" consultants are a sham. I consulted three "professional" consultants, and none of them knew what Optometry is and how many points it fetched under CRS. And two of them even said that I cannot use self-employment as work experience for EE. And these "professional" consultants were one of the most sought after consultancies in New Delhi.

Dipanshu26

Star Member
May 1, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

I am a member of some facebook groups for express entry as well, in the past 4 months, I can recall 3 different cases where applications were rejected on eligibility grounds (points reduction from two or more degree to that of only bachelor degree) where the applicant had an equivalency of 1 year graduate study and another with 1 year college certificate equivalency.

One year post graduate certificate is fine but one year certificate/graduate studies lie in grey areas and will be open to the judgement by the case officer.

Your friend had been really lucky to get passed through, the people who got rejected were not that lucky though.

By the way, WES customer care is not the right department to seek immigration advice. Also, most of the "professional" consultants are a sham. I consulted three "professional" consultants, and none of them knew what Optometry is and how many points it fetched under CRS. And two of them even said that I cannot use self-employment as work experience for EE. And these "professional" consultants were one of the most sought after consultancies in New Delhi.
Hey, I think there is a big confusion here. I understood what you meant. But there is a detailed thread on it

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6938934

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

What it suggests that post secondary credential can be A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. And below they have four type of list for Post secondary credential and what you are interpreting is only a combination of 1 and 2. :)

1) post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials
2) Three-year or longer post-secondary credential
3) Two-year or longer post-secondary credential
4) One-year or longer post-secondary credential

nm20

Oct 31, 2020
From where can I get transcripts of my Certificate and Diploma courses in German? I have done these courses from North campus Daulat Ram College.

hss2

Jul 19, 2018
Hey, I think there is a big confusion here. I understood what you meant. But there is a detailed thread on it

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6938934

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html

What it suggests that post secondary credential can be A three-year or longer post-secondary credential in combination with any of the post secondary educational credentials listed below. And below they have four type of list for Post secondary credential and what you are interpreting is only a combination of 1 and 2. :)

1) post-baccalaureate or post-graduate credentials
2) Three-year or longer post-secondary credential
3) Two-year or longer post-secondary credential
4) One-year or longer post-secondary credential
Hi,
Can you please specify what exactly was mentioned in summary of your ECA report.
Was "two or more certificate" clearly specified orit was mentioned in some other way?