01-11-2017
Nomination.....
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2017
Hello everyone,

My sister is planning on applying for WES. She has done fulltime PG course in Marketing and Media from Xavier Institute of Communication College, Mumbai. Also, before that she has done her Bachelors in Mass Media (BMM) full-time.

I'm asking this question because the course is an autonomous course. What will it graded as my WES? Will it be under Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees or just Bachelors degree?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
newbie28 said:
Hello everyone,

My sister is planning on applying for WES. She has done fulltime PG course in Marketing and Media from Xavier Institute of Communication College, Mumbai. Also, before that she has done her Bachelors in Mass Media (BMM) full-time.

I'm asking this question because the course is an autonomous course. What will it graded as my WES? Will it be under Two or more certificates, diploma or degrees or just Bachelors degree?
Check this on WES website. They have a free degree equivalency tool there.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
newbie28 said:
Hello everyone,

If you have got degree/diploma certificates for BOTH of the above courses, then you would be graded as TWO separate courses obtained.
One bachelor's and other Master's.

Provided that u produce degree/diploma certificates, WES evaluates both of them separately.

Just make sure to attach transcripts certificates with them.

Hope it helps.

Give me GOOD +1 friend... :)

newbie28

Oct 15, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Nomination.....
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2017
Maverick28 said:
Check this on WES website. They have a free degree equivalency tool there.
Thanks, I checked but the problem is when it asks for the institution name I do not what name to put. I tried writing St. Xavier College name but unfortunately it has no such name under the institutions.

newbie28

Oct 15, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Nomination.....
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2017
jpv2212 said:
If you have got degree/diploma certificates for BOTH of the above courses, then you would be graded as TWO separate courses obtained.

Provided that u produce degree/diploma certificates, WES evaluates both of them separately.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. Yes both certificates are with her. The only thing needed would be the transcripts which I'm sure won't be an issue to get from both.

Thank you so much!

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
newbie28 said:
Thanks, I checked but the problem is when it asks for the institution name I do not what name to put. I tried writing St. Xavier College name but unfortunately it has no such name under the institutions.
without mentioning the name they will not be able to process

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
newbie28 said:
I don't know for sure, but I think that there is a provision for the candidates of some autonomous institutions for ECA.

U should check it on website

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
newbie28 said:
Try on these links...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wes-eca-guidance-for-autonomous-college-t248982.0.html

http://www.wes.org/required/faq/india.asp

newbie28

Oct 15, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Nomination.....
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2017
jpv2212 said:
Try on these links...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/wes-eca-guidance-for-autonomous-college-t248982.0.html

Thank you. I'll check these out.

newbie28

Oct 15, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Nomination.....
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2017
jpv2212 said:
Try on these links...

On WES FAQ,
when i checked the autonomous college..State of Maharashtra is affiliated to Mumbai University and under that there is Xaviers College, Mumbai so I think it will be possible that her course will be recognized as Xavier's Institute of Communication is under Xavier's College.

Now, the thing I'm confused about is that
1. She will have to get her mark sheets attested from the college and get her transcripts with the process as mentioned in the thread?

Or

Just get her mark sheets attested since "Xavier's college" is under the list of affiliated colleges?

Sorry but I need to get clarity on this. If anyone can help. It would be great

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
newbie28 said:
On WES FAQ,
when i checked the autonomous college..State of Maharashtra is affiliated to Mumbai University and under that there is Xaviers College, Mumbai so I think it will be possible that her course will be recognized as Xavier's Institute of Communication is under Xavier's College.

1. She will have to get her mark sheets attested from the college and get her transcripts with the process as mentioned in the thread?

Or

Just get her mark sheets attested since "Xavier's college" is under the list of affiliated colleges?

http://www.wes.org/required/india-instructions.asp?inst=1

In University of Mumbai, it says "For all other degrees earned through the University of Mumbai, marks sheets for all years of study must be issued and attested by the university or the autonomous college you attended."

So she just need attested mark sheets from the college.

LUCKYY

Mar 26, 2017
jpv2212 said:

Hope it helps.
I have a similar case,(osmaina university,autonomous college) ,which documents do i have to send wes,all semester marksheets or only degree certificate,final marksheets nd provisional certificate

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
newbie28 said:
On WES FAQ,

Or

Hers is an autonomous college. So, only attested copies by the college itself should suffice.

Go for it.
And, if there is anything that WES is not satisfied with, then it will contact you and ask for any other documents required, it wll not directly reject your application.
So just go for it..

newbie28

Oct 15, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Nomination.....
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2017
jpv2212 said:
Hers is an autonomous college. So, only attested copies by the college itself should suffice.

Go for it.
And, if there is anything that WES is not satisfied with, then it will contact you and ask for any other documents required, it wll not directly reject your application.
So just go for it..
Thank you so much for your help. :)

newbie28

Oct 15, 2016
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Nomination.....
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2017
Maverick28 said:
http://www.wes.org/required/india-instructions.asp?inst=1

In University of Mumbai, it says "For all other degrees earned through the University of Mumbai, marks sheets for all years of study must be issued and attested by the university or the autonomous college you attended."

So she just need attested mark sheets from the college.
Thank you :)