+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - Pune University

kedarkarma

Dec 7, 2018
Hello,

I created WES profile after 1st Dec 2018 and also paid the evaluation fee. However, now WES will accept documents sent by university only. I have started following up with Pune university. But, they do not have any process set up for this. Neither are they giving clear updates on when it will be in place or whom to contact etc. If anyone is facing same issues while dealing with Pune university or has solution for it, please respond here.

prateekg92

Dec 3, 2018
Hello,

I created WES profile after 1st Dec 2018 and also paid the evaluation fee. However, now WES will accept documents sent by university only. I have started following up with Pune university. But, they do not have any process set up for this. Neither are they giving clear updates on when it will be in place or whom to contact etc. If anyone is facing same issues while dealing with Pune university or has solution for it, please respond here.
Hi there, I have also registered on WES after 1st Dec, and need to obtain transcripts from Pune University. Whom have you contacted at the university for the enquiry? I think I may be going to university this week for the same, so was looking for any leads.

If you get a solution to this, please post here. There are a lot of people facing this issue with Pune University.

Reactions: kamleshparekhp

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I got my transcripts from Pune University before the rule came into place. Pune University provides transcripts in sealed and stamped University branded envelopes.

Other institutions like Mumbai University asks students to bring envelope yourself. They only handover loose transcripts to you. So there's no standard envelope and there's more chance of tampering.

This new rule doesn't really affect Pune University, as all transcripts are already provided in sealed standard envelope. And there's no way for WES to verify if it was posted by a student or some staff at University.

In my opinion, there's no need to stress about it, take the transcripts and post it yourself.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
But, just remember to post them separately. Up until now if you have a bachelor's and master's...then one was able to put all transcripts in a large envelope and send it to wes. Now I would say you will have to send transcripts from each University separately.

prateekg92

Dec 3, 2018
I got my transcripts from Pune University before the rule came into place. Pune University provides transcripts in sealed and stamped University branded envelopes.

Other institutions like Mumbai University asks students to bring envelope yourself. They only handover loose transcripts to you. So there's no standard envelope and there's more chance of tampering.

This new rule doesn't really affect Pune University, as all transcripts are already provided in sealed standard envelope. And there's no way for WES to verify if it was posted by a student or some staff at University.

In my opinion, there's no need to stress about it, take the transcripts and post it yourself.
Thanks for clarifying.

Another query: do we have to first create an account on UniPune's portal (http://bcud.unipune.ac.in/Files/Transcript/Transcript_online.html) for obtaining transcripts, or is it not really required?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Yes, you have to create an account on the portal and pay online.

prateekg92

Dec 3, 2018
Yes, you have to create an account on the portal and pay online.
There are two links on Uni's portal: one for online application of transcripts, and other for verification of marksheet/passing certificate/degree certificate. Which one do we need to apply for?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Select Online application of transcripts.

Reactions: prateekg92

minimutiny

Dec 13, 2018
Hello,

I was in Uni Pune last week, people at the SFC and the transcript section asked me to send the documents myself, they said they have no provision of sending it to WES directly. They asked me to not provide any personal details on the envelope and write the name of the Registrar or controller of examinations.

avdhutd1982

Dec 9, 2018
I'm sailing in the same ship guys.. I registered on 16th and was too late to find out that WES now accepts transcripts only from the University/Institute directly.

But well from what a few of you mentioned above, especially prpurohit; the envelopes from UNIPUNE have from Controller Of Examination mentioned on them so we can grab the transcripts by hand and mail them over to WES. Hopefully, WES considers them to be mailed directly from University and does the evaluation successfully!

All the best folks!

Reactions: Johnny English

jn1234

Nov 14, 2018
Hello all,

This was really unexpected for me too. And it worse because I was already in the process of collecting all documents :(

But there is also the photocopy of the provisional/final certificate that we need to send right? Would this need to go separately?

avdhutd1982

Dec 9, 2018
Hello all,

This was really unexpected for me too. And it worse because I was already in the process of collecting all documents :(

But there is also the photocopy of the provisional/final certificate that we need to send right? Would this need to go separately?
If you’re talking about WES then yes, it’s better if you send a copy of your degree certificate to support the transcript. Yes, it can go separately.
For the university, they need only the self attested photocopies of all the marksheets for which you want the transcripts generated. Make sure you also enclose a signed copy of the self attestatation form (automatically available with challan that’s generated online after submitting application) along with photocopies of marksheets.

Hope that helps.

jn1234

Nov 14, 2018
If you’re talking about WES then yes, it’s better if you send a copy of your degree certificate to support the transcript. Yes, it can go separately.
For the university, they need only the self attested photocopies of all the marksheets for which you want the transcripts generated. Make sure you also enclose a signed copy of the self attestatation form (automatically available with challan that’s generated online after submitting application) along with photocopies of marksheets.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much @avdhutd1982! Would you or anyone here happen know if the "Academic Record Request Form" is compulsory or is it optional? Especially given that now they want they University to send directly to WES. Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018
Hi there, I have also registered on WES after 1st Dec, and need to obtain transcripts from Pune University. Whom have you contacted at the university for the enquiry? I think I may be going to university this week for the same, so was looking for any leads.

If you get a solution to this, please post here. There are a lot of people facing this issue with Pune University.
Hi All! Looking for the same lead. Please update this thread if any positive lead. Is there anyone who have received the verification post the new rule? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: