+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

mohsinshaikh

Dec 19, 2019
Bachelor of Science ( Information Technology) - University of Mumbai

1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional)

What you need to do:

For completed study, you send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document.

2. Mark Sheets/Statement of Marks
This is an official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study and must include your university student identification number.

College-issued mark sheets/result cards are not accepted unless from an autonomous college. To check if your college has autonomous status click here.
What you need to do:

For completed, incomplete and in-progress study, ask the institution responsible for conducting the examinations to attest and send your documents directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. WES will not accept documents sent by colleges (except autonomous colleges), students themselves, third party agents, or anyone else.

====
My question is : My college is not an autonomous college. So its clear that I have to get all 3 Years Marksheet attested from University . Right ?

mohsinshaikh

Dec 19, 2019

What you need to do:

For completed study, you send a clear and legible copy of this document to WES. Do not send your original document.

This is an official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study and must include your university student identification number.

College-issued mark sheets/result cards are not accepted unless from an autonomous college. To check if your college has autonomous status click here.
What you need to do:

For completed, incomplete and in-progress study, ask the institution responsible for conducting the examinations to attest and send your documents directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. WES will not accept documents sent by colleges (except autonomous colleges), students themselves, third party agents, or anyone else.

====
My question is : My college is not an autonomous college. So its clear that I have to get all 3 Years Marksheet attested from University . Right ?
Please help

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Yes brother you are missing the part where in detail they ask for transcripts because transcripts explain how the score system is given in your results. There’s a reason why transcripts are made. So unless you feel like putting efforts twice I recommend getting the transcripts.
That's not the case. Transcripts from college are NOT required. Just the Marksheets for all semesters & Degree certificate (even that's not required, but you can get it the same trip) need to be attested by the Churchgate office. You can collect them and courier them from the Bluedart next to the Churchgate station.

Saying this from my own experience, I sent only the attested markesheets and degree certificate (never got transcripts from the college) - my documents were accepted without being put on hold and I have received my WES report today. So don't waste your time with college transcripts. here is the process for Mumbai University:

1. Get 2 or 3 sets of photocopies of all your marksheets and degree certificates (irrespective of stream) (you can collect upto 2 copies with 1 copy being kept with university for their reference) - I collected both copies to be on safer side and avoid another trip to the office in case I had to send these to another ECA agency
2. Get the same number of A3 envelopes
3. Gather your originals, photocopies and envelopes
4. Reach Churchgate office of University of Mumbai as early as possible (they work officially from 9.30 to 2.30, but queue can be quite long if you reach late); Carry a pen and a gluestick with you (the office is open on 1st and 3rd Saturdays as well apart from weekdays)
5. Put your name down in the register available at reception (I reached at 7.45); go out, have breakfast and come back
6. Once the office starts, they will call you upstairs to be seated as per numbers in the register
7. Fill up the form handed over to you; put down address of WES on the envelopes to be sent, keep 1 envelope blank (which will be kept with university)
8. Go inside once your name is called - show the originals, the staff will validate your copies with the originals - they will keep a set of copies in an envelope and mark it for their reference, they will put rest of the copies in envelopes provided by you with address of WES on them
9. Pay the fees, get the receipt, gather your originals back and leave the office
10. Check the status of attestation on their site: http://mu.ac.in/department-of-students-welfares (under attestation tab) - It's usually ready within 2 to 3 working days
11. Once the status against your date of submission is 'ready', go back to the office next day post 3 pm, show your receipt, and collect your documents - Ensure there are 2 stamps on each photocopy, plus a stamp on the back flap of the envelope and another stamp (Air Mail) and Registrar of University at front
12. Seal the envelope with properly aligning the stamp on the back flap
13. Go to the Bluedart office near Churchgate station and send the courier

All the best!

Reactions: Arun681

Arun681

Dec 25, 2019
Mumbai
That's not the case. Transcripts from college are NOT required. Just the Marksheets for all semesters & Degree certificate (even that's not required, but you can get it the same trip) need to be attested by the Churchgate office. You can collect them and courier them from the Bluedart next to the Churchgate station.

Saying this from my own experience, I sent only the attested markesheets and degree certificate (never got transcripts from the college) - my documents were accepted without being put on hold and I have received my WES report today. So don't waste your time with college transcripts. here is the process for Mumbai University:

1. Get 2 or 3 sets of photocopies of all your marksheets and degree certificates (irrespective of stream) (you can collect upto 2 copies with 1 copy being kept with university for their reference) - I collected both copies to be on safer side and avoid another trip to the office in case I had to send these to another ECA agency
2. Get the same number of A3 envelopes
3. Gather your originals, photocopies and envelopes
4. Reach Churchgate office of University of Mumbai as early as possible (they work officially from 9.30 to 2.30, but queue can be quite long if you reach late); Carry a pen and a gluestick with you (the office is open on 1st and 3rd Saturdays as well apart from weekdays)
5. Put your name down in the register available at reception (I reached at 7.45); go out, have breakfast and come back
6. Once the office starts, they will call you upstairs to be seated as per numbers in the register
7. Fill up the form handed over to you; put down address of WES on the envelopes to be sent, keep 1 envelope blank (which will be kept with university)
8. Go inside once your name is called - show the originals, the staff will validate your copies with the originals - they will keep a set of copies in an envelope and mark it for their reference, they will put rest of the copies in envelopes provided by you with address of WES on them
9. Pay the fees, get the receipt, gather your originals back and leave the office
10. Check the status of attestation on their site: http://mu.ac.in/department-of-students-welfares (under attestation tab) - It's usually ready within 2 to 3 working days
11. Once the status against your date of submission is 'ready', go back to the office next day post 3 pm, show your receipt, and collect your documents - Ensure there are 2 stamps on each photocopy, plus a stamp on the back flap of the envelope and another stamp (Air Mail) and Registrar of University at front
12. Seal the envelope with properly aligning the stamp on the back flap
13. Go to the Bluedart office near Churchgate station and send the courier

All the best!

Hi friend,

This was the coolest answer i saw at the end of
this thread.Thanks a lot.
I have done Bcom from Mumbai University and Mcom from Pune University
My questions below:
1.Should i go ahead with WES as i have read that Mcom is not treated as Masters in WES and look for CES ?
2. Considering i am applying via WES - how should i send both mcom and bcom educational documents to WES to verify ?

oldie

Dec 1, 2019

What you need to do:

What you need to do:

====
I will try and locate the site (and post the link) where I had found this info - it could even be earlier in this thread itself - but right now I am replying to you from memory.

Submit your 1st and 2nd year marksheets for attestation to your college. State the purpose you need it for and request it to be put in an envelope addressed to the University (similar to how WES needs it).

At the time of the application to the University at Vidyarthi Bhavan, B Road, Churchgate submit :
- your Degree
- your final year marksheet
- the envelope from your college - I would recommend separately carrying the 1st and 2nd year marksheets too

Finally the Degree and final year marksheet will have only one attestation (of the University), the 1st year and 2nd year marksheets will have 2 attestations (of your college and also of the University).

The gentleman who posted the above info on the net was kind enough to even include photographs of the attested documents received from the University. I hope to find and post the link shortly.

oldie

Dec 1, 2019
Hi friend,

This was the coolest answer i saw at the end of
this thread.Thanks a lot.
I have done Bcom from Mumbai University and Mcom from Pune University
My questions below:
1.Should i go ahead with WES as i have read that Mcom is not treated as Masters in WES and look for CES ?
2. Considering i am applying via WES - how should i send both mcom and bcom educational documents to WES to verify ?
The answers to your queries :
1. I do not have a similar detailed document for WES or CES but the credential templates for IQAS (https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-education-guide-india.aspx) and more particularly the document https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/li-india-detailed-credential-templates.pdf give the conclusion on page 46 as follows :
"Conclusion The two-year master’s degree (MA, M.Com or M.Sc.) requires a three-year bachelor’s degree (e. g. BA, B.Com or B.Sc.) for admission, representing a total of five years of postsecondary education in the current structure. In Canada, a four-year bachelor’s degree, or a three-year bachelor’s degree plus at least one year of additional university study, is required for admission into a master’s degree program, which involves one to two years of fulltime study. The MA, M.Com or M.Sc. degree allows an individual to seek employment or admission into M.Phil and doctoral programs. Based on the above information and placement recommendations of other evaluation resources, IQAS compares the two-year master’s degree from the Republic of India, in combination with the previous three-year bachelor’s degree, to the completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree and a one-year Master’s degree."

2. Each university/institution will send the attested degree/diploma/certificate and marksheets independently. I have qualifications from Mumbai University, NMIMS and the CA Institute. I will be applying to each separately. You need to ensure that the reference number is mentioned clearly on the envelope and, if possible, also attach the WES form as a covering document. This will ensure that attested documents from multiple sources, even if they are received at varying times by WES, are linked to your application based on the id

sultanms

Sep 16, 2019
Once the credential evaluation is completed, WES sends the report to IRCC. Do they also send a soft copy to the individual who applied for it? I am aware of the fact that the hard copy is mailed at the address. Please let me know.

oldie

Dec 1, 2019
Once the credential evaluation is completed, WES sends the report to IRCC. Do they also send a soft copy to the individual who applied for it? I am aware of the fact that the hard copy is mailed at the address. Please let me know.
From https://www.wes.org/ca/partners/wes-evaluation-reports/
"Document Authentication & Report Delivery
WES receives authenticated documents directly from the institutions that issued them. When necessary, we submit documents provided by the candidates themselves to issuing institutions for verification. Document requirements are specific to each country.

WES Evaluation Reports are mailed to your organization and can be accessed through AccessWES, our secure online delivery system.
"

oldie

Dec 1, 2019
Yes brother you are missing the part where in detail they ask for transcripts because transcripts explain how the score system is given in your results. There’s a reason why transcripts are made. So unless you feel like putting efforts twice I recommend getting the transcripts.
Brother, it was a classic case of blindfolded men describing an elephant by feeling it. Both of us were looking at the requirements as per our individual understanding alone.

Further research got me the answer to my own query. If one is looking for WES ECA only for Immigration purposes then attested Degree/Diploma and marksheets are sufficient.

If, however, one is looking for WES' evaluation for further education or for certification (e.g. to be able to teach) or if an employer specifically needs your transcripts then transcripts need to be submitted. One should opt for the specific type of account in WES. The type of account can be changed at any time and as often as one requires before submission or during the processing of the application They will store your transcripts and whenever you want it sent to some agency/institution/company you can apply and they will send the transcript (for a fee, of course) wherever you want. Since WES is providing the transcripts, the authenticity need not be attested again for the agency etc.

Jul 25, 2018
I would like to tell you guys the process in detail.

for attestation
  1. Address : B Road, Church Gate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020. (Landmark Sydenham college)
  2. Before you visit above location make sure you get your transcripts(from your college sem 1 to sem 6) + degree certificate + passing certificate( results sem to sem 6). Create 2 sets of Xerox copies of above mentioned documents. Please don't attest it in any way. It must be clear Xerox copy without any remarks on it. If you forget this then no worries. There is a Xerox shop exactly opposite to building.
  3. From Wes website you get a form. Download it ( fill it before taking the printout) and take atleast 2 prints. If you forget this form you can get it from Xerox shop.
  4. Make sure you reach location at 8:15AM. There will be security guard with register. Put your name there and he will give you your token number. The actual process starts at 10:30 AM(officially :p) and they close it by 2:39PM sharp. So I would suggest reach there as early as possible.
  5. Around 10 they will give you application forms. Fill that form along with WES form. Rough values for University forms are (WES,CANADA,PR). These may change so take help of the staff. They will surely help you.
  6. Take all original documents with you(transcripts too). They check it and return it immediately. They will take one original transcripts along with WES form and Xerox of all marksheets and degree certificate. Please keep minimum 2 envolops with you. Better you buy it there only from the Xerox shop.
  7. Based on your token number they will send you inside. There is only one person who is processing these requests. So be patient. You need lots of it.
  8. You have to pay fees for attestation which is Rs12 per page. They accept only cash #digitalIndia. They will ask you to write Wes address with Wes case number on the envelope, carefully write it coz you can’t change it later. Then they take atleast 2 days to attest it. You have to show your payment receipt while taking the attested documents.
  9. Note that envelope is stamped but not sealed. So take out all the papers. Check on each paper you should be have 2 stamps and 1 signature. Envelope should be having stamp on seal area.
  10. After verification, go to blue dart office close to churchgate station or there’s professional courier person sitting on ground floor takes around Rs.1400 and courier it to Wes. Make sure you seal it right before sending(just glue it). They charge you approx Rs1500.
  11. Don't mention your name anywhere on the envelope. Don't choose any other location to courier. Courier boy knows everything so all you have to do is pay and they will do the rest.
  12. For M.Com done from IDOL or college, same process but ask for transcripts as well either from idol or college. Make sure to get degree certificate if you recently passed than ask for special certificate from university.
  13. If you confused about transcripts than simply ask college to mention which exam or semester held by college and which one held by university as they mention it and sign on it plus university sign on it too. There’s no chance of rejection coz you already cleared the confusion that Wes will have later.
  14. All the best. For any questions just ask.
Hello,
I got this reply from WES Canada, Please guide:

Board of Technical Examinations, Maharashtra State, India
Diploma in Computer Technology, 1998​
Diploma Certificate (Final or Provisional) | Accepted​
Statement of Marks | Accepted​
University of Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Engineering, 2001​
Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) | Accepted​
Statement of Marks | Not Accepted

Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official. Refer to Required Documents.​

jackieneo

Feb 15, 2019
@jackieneo - Wondering if you tried this process yet? Eager to know!
Hey buddy, I was a bit skeptical about this process and didn't try it. Also, giving a long thought and skimming here on the forum, how WES could mess up our application at any stage, I opted for CES which was the safest bet and without much hassle of entangling the process, last month itself I received 2 hard copies of my evaluation report and I am delighted with the way CES has reported the outcome of my Bachelor of Science (Major - Computer Science) equivalent to Canada's Three year Bachelor of Science degree program.

Although the CES process may take much longer around 3-4 months depending on the current number of applications they might be receiving from all the countries. I had submitted my application and document on 23-Oct-2019 and received the final outcome on 18-Feb-2020.

Also, please beware that when opting for CES, they would charge individually for each degree that is being sent for credential assessment.

SK1982

Jan 4, 2020
Hi team,

I am a graduate in Bachelor in Management Studies from SIWS College Mumbai & Mumbai University.
- 6 Semesters.
- 4 semesters exams held by college.
- Last 2 semesters by University as board exams.

I further Post Graduated from SIMSREE, Churchgate in PGDBM (Diploma in Business Management)
- 4 Semesters

Kindly guide me on how to move ahead with the WES Process.

For BMS Graduation:
- Do I need to get transcripts from my SIWS for the first 4 semesters? Or DO I get for all 6 Semesters?
- Do I need attestation for the Marksheets for all 6 Semesters or only 4 Semesters from Mumbai Unviersity? Do I go to Kalina or to Chruchgate for this?

For my Post Graduate Diploma:
- I know I can get the transcripts from SIMSREE. Should the documents be sent thence sent to WES directly?
- Do I need any attestation from University with regards to this? I am presuming since it was a Diploma I don't need to do so.

Is it ok if multiple couriers can be sent to WES for a single WES ref number?

Is there something I am missing out?

Appreciate the help.

Feb 2, 2020
Has anyone used the website - https://mu.etranscript.in/ .
Does anyone know about its authenticity?
WES now suggests this site for electronically sending the required documents.

Also, does anyone know how I can get my transcripts if I'm outside the country? I studied BMS at NMCCE.

partht

Aug 31, 2019
Has anyone used the website - https://mu.etranscript.in/ .
Does anyone know about its authenticity?
WES now suggests this site for electronically sending the required documents.

Also, does anyone know how I can get my transcripts if I'm outside the country? I studied BMS at NMCCE.
Hey I have used the website, as that's the official way, its super easy and very reliable, they even have a helpline number which is registered on whatsapp, so its easy to followup

Feb 2, 2020
Hey I have used the website, as that's the official way, its super easy and very reliable, they even have a helpline number which is registered on whatsapp, so its easy to followup
Thanks parth.
Yea I'm just waiting for my transcripts from my college and then submitting it on this portal.
How long did it take to reach WES once submitted? Also anything else I need to keep in mind while I'm using this service?