+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
Okay thanks Amtak. I’ll try Churchgate campus since my degree was 2013. I don’t think it should be that old.
Can you tell me the procedure for the Churchgate campus on what do I need to carry and the timings ?
1. Carry original transcripts and marksheets from College
2. Carry 2 photocopies of each document (1 for attestation and 1 for Univ)
3. Two A3 sized envelopes with WES address written on it (do not write from address)

Reach vidyarthi bhavan by 9.45 and register at the counter. It is advisable to go early even though they open only after 10.30. This way, you would be among the early birds who will get to catch the worm. The later you go, your number will be lower down the order. Imagine if your number is 20, for each applicant, depending upon the number of documents they have, it takes anywhere between 5-10 mins. You would waste a lot of time that way.

Go early, go prepared.

Craig_JA

Jul 1, 2019
3. Two A3 sized envelopes with WES address written on it (do not write from address)

Reach vidyarthi bhavan by 9.45 and register at the counter. It is advisable to go early even though they open only after 10.30. This way, you would be among the early birds who will get to catch the worm. The later you go, your number will be lower down the order. Imagine if your number is 20, for each applicant, depending upon the number of documents they have, it takes anywhere between 5-10 mins. You would waste a lot of time that way.

Go early, go prepared.
Hi All,
Thanks for all your inputs and they are very helpful.

I have complete my B.Eng in 2015 Mumbai University, and I have couple of questions.

Q1) Do we need to procure "transcripts" from college or university for WES ?

Q1) Can MU attest copies of Mark Sheets for sem 3-6 as well as sem 1,2,7,8 ?

This I ask because the WES website only specifies the need for,
1)Copy Degree Certificate (Can be sent directly to WES)
2)Attested copy of "Mark sheet / Statement of marks" (to be sent by the University)

Q2) What exactly is the degree certificate, is it the small Certificate we get along with SEM 8 Mark Sheet or the Convocation Certificate ?

The WES website link to required documents; https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

Thankyou :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gurubux

Juhib

May 29, 2019
@siddg I'd say, ask your aunt to check her WES account page once again. Better to be safe than sorry. I registered for a WES account on 23rd Nov 2018 and I can see the change in the 'required documents' section. It does NOT show the option for me to directly courier the docs to WES Canada for my bachelors degree from India. That option is however available for me for my Masters degree that I attained in the UK so the rules for India definitely changed after 1st Dec2018.

@zagcollins
thanks for all your inputs on behalf of the whole immigration forum community. I’ve read most of them and I’m quite confident but still need to put my mind to rest.

I am flying to Mumbai next week specially from the UK to sort out this Mumbai University attestation process and hence, need your kind help on this. I graduated in B.Com. from RA Podar College, Matunga in 2004 (so I understand that the college issued transcript is required even before I step into the Churchgate office of MU).

My First and Second year exams (Sems 1 to 4) were conducted by RA Podar College, Matunga and the Third year exam was conducted by MU. So, all together I hold 3 original marklists - end of FY and SY issued to me by RA Podar College, Matunga and TY issued to me by MU. Plus, I have a convocation certificate from MU.

My questions are –

1) Does the college have to issues the transcripts to me for all the 3 years or just the FY and SY that they conducted the exams for?

2) Once the transcripts (as per 1 above) are received from the college, is the college supposed to attest these transcripts too or should I just take all the transcripts in the given condition, along with all three years’ original marklists and the convocation certificate to the MU churchgate office and get MU to attest everything, sign and stamp the back flap and they directly courier it to WES (as per the new rule that kicked in on 1st Dec 2018).

I’m confused with the attestation part of things because –

1) although the explanation on WES ‘Required Documents’ section says the institute that conducted the exam should attest (which for FY and SY is my college), there is a PDF with a list of acceptable colleges affiliated to MU which does NOT hold the name of RA Podar College, Matunga.

2) Also, some answers on this forum say that the applicants got 2 separate sets attested based on college or MU conducted exams and got respective envelopes signed and sealed one from the college and one for the university and then put them into a big envelope. Hence, so many questions.

Thanks in advance for any help with the above J

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
Q1) Do we need to procure "transcripts" from college or university for WES ?

Transcripts from College. Please check if your college is affiliated to the University or an autonomous college.

Q1) Can MU attest copies of Mark Sheets for sem 3-6 as well as sem 1,2,7,8 ?

Mumbai University can and will attest all mark-sheets.

This I ask because the WES website only specifies the need for,
1)Copy Degree Certificate (Can be sent directly to WES)
2)Attested copy of "Mark sheet / Statement of marks" (to be sent by the University)

Q2) What exactly is the degree certificate, is it the small Certificate we get along with SEM 8 Mark Sheet or the Convocation Certificate ?

Yes. Mr. Craig has succefully completed Engineering....and convocation.

The WES website link to required documents; https://www.wes.org/ca/required-documents/

Thankyou :)

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019

Go early, go prepared.
Hello Amtek,

Thanks for the support you've been extending.
I am a Mumbai University guy & I am going to Vidyarthi Bhavan (MU campus) in Churchgate this Saturday. I have some silly queries but important ones which if you could please help me with:

a) Will I have to get attestation on the original MMS transcripts issued by my college & send it with other xerox copies to WES? or do I need to take xeroxes of transcripts & get them attested and send to WES? (Attested Original transcripts to send to WES or attested xeroxes?)

b) I read you mentioned 2 envelopes & 2 sets of xerox copies of documents to attest. Just to be sure the 2nd envelope will be kept by Mum Univ for their records, right?

c) I read somewhere that the courier service should be as close to Mum Univ. campus as possible to avoid any suspicion of package not being sent directly by University. I saw a DHL office on Google maps not really close to Mum Univ. but closest among others. Can you pls share which one you have used for sending the package?

Guys, please support with your knowledge.

Thanks,
Vishal

Reactions: Juhib

VishalPK

Jun 12, 2019
t to be sure the 2nd envelope will be kept by Mum Univ for their records, right?
Hello Amtek,

I am a Mumbai University guy & I am going to Vidyarthi Bhavan (MU campus) in Churchgate this Saturday. I have some silly queries but important ones which if you could please help me with:

a) Will I have to get attestation on the original MMS transcripts issued by my college & send it with other xerox copies to WES? or do I need to take xeroxes of transcripts & get them attested and send to WES? (Attested Original transcripts to send to WES or attested xeroxes?)

b) I read you mentioned 2 envelopes & 2 sets of xerox copies of documents to attest. Just to be sure the 2nd envelope will be kept by Mum Univ for their records, right?

c) I read somewhere that the courier service should be as close to Mum Univ. campus as possible to avoid any suspicion of package not being sent directly by University. I saw a DHL office on Google maps not really close to Mum Univ. but closest among others. Can you pls share which one you have used for sending the package?

Thanks,
Vishal
Also I have the same question as Craig_JA around which one's which - Degree certificate & Convocation certificate.

yahoouser

Jul 15, 2019
Hi,

I have completed by Bcom from Mumbai university in 2006 but have lost my degree certificate (convocation) but I have the provisional certificate.
Has anyone cleared ECA with the provisional cert.
I also completed my MBA and have submitted the degree cert for the same.
Can anyone advise if I need to re apply for the duplicate degree cert.
I had submitted my docs on 27/06 and the current status is We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
Hello Amtek,

Original transcripts issued by the college + Xerox of marksheets (2 sets in total for both)

Yes, that is right.

DHL from opposite Churchgate station. Do not write anything as a sender's address. University will provide their stamp and you just need to seal the envelope and send it ahead.

Thanks,
Vishal
Please see my responses above.

Sachsiye

Jul 17, 2019
@amtak @VishalPK

Guys, I recently got the below response from WES and I am now totally confused, as to how should I now proceed further or what documents should I resend.

I am BE grad from VJTI 2002 batch, VJTI was affiliated to Mumbai University back then.

I submitted University attested (from the Churchgate office) documents as below:
- Degree Certificate
- Degree passing certificate
- marksheets (Sem 2, 7, 8 university issued and Sem 1,3,4,5,6 college issued)
- transcripts for all Sem (issued by college, I submitted original, so it has two stamps one of college and one of university attestation)

Sent it in a university stamped and sealed envelope, with "FROM" address as stamp of Registrar, University of Mumbai address. Couriered by DHL near university office in churchgate.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Below is the response from WES:
Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
University of Mumbai, India
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2002

• Accepted
2. Statement of Marks, Bachelor of Engineering, 2002

• Not Accepted | Details
Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Hussain91

Jul 8, 2019
Hey anyone from Mumbai University Bcom student who applied for WES.
I have question in Bcom for first and second year we use to get marksheet at the end of the year. I seen people saying we need transcript from college for semester 1-4 how is that possible plz show me a way also the degree required is to me attested by Mumbai university is that small degree or convocation certificate plz help

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
@amtak @VishalPK

Guys, I recently got the below response from WES and I am now totally confused, as to how should I now proceed further or what documents should I resend.

I am BE grad from VJTI 2002 batch, VJTI was affiliated to Mumbai University back then.

I submitted University attested (from the Churchgate office) documents as below:
- Degree Certificate
- Degree passing certificate
- marksheets (Sem 2, 7, 8 university issued and Sem 1,3,4,5,6 college issued)
- transcripts for all Sem (issued by college, I submitted original, so it has two stamps one of college and one of university attestation)

Sent it in a university stamped and sealed envelope, with "FROM" address as stamp of Registrar, University of Mumbai address. Couriered by DHL near university office in churchgate.

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Below is the response from WES:
Document Status
Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
University of Mumbai, India
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Engineering, 2002

• Accepted
2. Statement of Marks, Bachelor of Engineering, 2002

• Not Accepted | Details
Reason: We received your mark sheets, but we need additional documents.

Go back to Vidyarthi Bhavan with a printout of this email from WES. Along with this, carry clear photocopies of marksheets, get an application made and stating that the marksheets aren't accepted and university will issue a letter for the same. Along with the letter, please have the marksteets re-attested and sent to WES through DHL.

Instructions: Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended. Please have your mark sheets resent to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

Sachsiye

Jul 17, 2019
@amtak Thank you very much!

I have been trying to explain WES the issue through emails and calls but it is all in vain. Everytime i just get a robotic reply saying the same thing.

The issue is that for my Year 1 of engineering Semester 1 was conducted by college and Semester 2 was conducted by University of Mumbai. Hence Semester 1 marksheet is issued by College and Semester 2 marksheet by University. There is NO Year 1 marksheet that is issued by the university.

However WES is adamant on asking for Year 1 marksheet issued by the University.

What do you think is the solution to this?

Should i ask the university to clarify this issue in an application?

The letter that you mentioned which the university will provide, has a specific format and is the university aware of it?

Appreciate your support!

Thanks & Regards,

Nidsb

Jul 26, 2019
Hi all,
Need assistance -
1. I have completed bcom from Podar college that belongs to Mumbai university. Have received transcripts from them in a sealed envelope.
However only last year was university exam. So do i need to take all transcripts that college gave plus all marksheets for attestation to MU? If yes, what all do I courier? Separate envelopes tht podar gave with all transcripts and separate Mu envelope with all attested marksheets and degree as well as transcripts that college gave! Really confused. Pls guide

Hussain91

Jul 8, 2019
Hi all,
Need assistance -
1. I have completed bcom from Podar college that belongs to Mumbai university. Have received transcripts from them in a sealed envelope.
However only last year was university exam. So do i need to take all transcripts that college gave plus all marksheets for attestation to MU? If yes, what all do I courier? Separate envelopes tht podar gave with all transcripts and separate Mu envelope with all attested marksheets and degree as well as transcripts that college gave! Really confused. Pls guide
Hey man I am in this same dilemma plz do let me know what to do. I am also from Mumbai University MMK college. Am not able to find out the just require last year or FY and SY Bcom as well