+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

chirag_pandya

Mar 14, 2019
The marksheets are ready for collection. Check the status on below link. Open the link, go to Attestation. On the page you will see the status of attestation as per date applied.
http://mu.ac.in/portal/gateway-fortal/department-of-students-welfares/http://mu.ac.in/portal/gateway-fortal/department-of-students-welfares/

I had applied on Tuesday last week and the documents were ready in 2 days. Collected and sent on Saturday.
Are you serious ? They told me to come after 2 months.

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
Hi Amtak,

Is there any difference between doing verification through Kalina and Churchgate ?
1. Time lines
2. Fees
3. I believe Kalina just doesnt attest your documents but gets fresh marksheets made first and then verifies them (I may be wrong here) and hence, the delay.

My view will be to visit the Churchgate centre at Vidyarthi Bhavan with your marksheets/transcripts and apply there.

chirag_pandya

Mar 14, 2019
1. Time lines
2. Fees
3. I believe Kalina just doesnt attest your documents but gets fresh marksheets made first and then verifies them (I may be wrong here) and hence, the delay.

My view will be to visit the Churchgate centre at Vidyarthi Bhavan with your marksheets/transcripts and apply there.
Is it okay if I reapply for the marksheets again ?
And is it that many do not know this is the difference between the two places ?
The above link related to attestation which says 17th May,2019 is ready for collection does that only include churchgate applications or even kalina applications ?

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
Is it okay if I reapply for the marksheets again ?
And is it that many do not know this is the difference between the two places ?
The above link related to attestation which says 17th May,2019 is ready for collection does that only include churchgate applications or even kalina applications ?
It is specific to Churchgate only. No harm in doing it from Churchgate again. You would save on time (money is already gone!)

Swatimm

Jun 3, 2019
Are you serious ? They told me to come after 2 months.
Hi Chirag,
I guess your question is already answered above. I am not sure about Kalina's process, but from what I have read, it does take time. Attestation at Churchgate is quick. Go through this link of basic instructions for application at Churchgate. The process is very smooth.

http://mu.ac.in/portal/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Procedure-for-Attestation.pdf

Make sure you visit there at before 11 am and collect your application form, which also has your queue number.
You will need - bonafide/transcript from college (they told me its mandatory, but didn't even check), 2 sets of each of your documents to be attested, Originals for verification, 2 envelopes for each set, WES address handwritten on both the envelopes,

Charges - Rs. 5 per document and Re. 1 for each document in the second set.

Hope this helps.

chirag_pandya

Mar 14, 2019
Hi Chirag,
I guess your question is already answered above. I am not sure about Kalina's process, but from what I have read, it does take time. Attestation at Churchgate is quick. Go through this link of basic instructions for application at Churchgate. The process is very smooth.

http://mu.ac.in/portal/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Procedure-for-Attestation.pdf

Make sure you visit there at before 11 am and collect your application form, which also has your queue number.
You will need - bonafide/transcript from college (they told me its mandatory, but didn't even check), 2 sets of each of your documents to be attested, Originals for verification, 2 envelopes for each set, WES address handwritten on both the envelopes,

Charges - Rs. 5 per document and Re. 1 for each document in the second set.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Swati for your valuable inputs.
I will go today and check with Kalina if the documents are ready. If not I will have to go to the Churchgate branch.
But I wanted to know one thing why are these guys doing the procedures differently even after being for the same university?

Swatimm

Jun 3, 2019
Thank you Swati for your valuable inputs.
I will go today and check with Kalina if the documents are ready. If not I will have to go to the Churchgate branch.
But I wanted to know one thing why are these guys doing the procedures differently even after being for the same university?
As shocking as the difference in the process is, I guess only MU can answer that :)
The Churchgate branch is right next to Sydenham College, called Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi Bhavan.

All the best!

chirag_pandya

Mar 14, 2019
As shocking as the difference in the process is, I guess only MU can answer that :)
The Churchgate branch is right next to Sydenham College, called Vidyapeeth Vidyarthi Bhavan.

All the best!
Sorry for questioning so much , but has there been any issue if someone has applied to WES through the Churchgate branch ? Cuz I think I saw 1-2 posts which said they applied through Churchgate and they had to in the end go to Kalina for some reason.

Swatimm

Jun 3, 2019
Sorry for questioning so much , but has there been any issue if someone has applied to WES through the Churchgate branch ? Cuz I think I saw 1-2 posts which said they applied through Churchgate and they had to in the end go to Kalina for some reason.
Not heard about this. Sorry.

Will have to wait for WES confirmation to be sure.

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
I think majority apply at Churchgate only. if the degrees are older, they may have to apply at Kalina campus.

chirag_pandya

Mar 14, 2019
I think majority apply at Churchgate only. if the degrees are older, they may have to apply at Kalina campus.
I just went to Kalina campus. He said come after 2 months from the date written on the receipt which is 17th May.
He said applications were shut after 14th May which is why it’ll take 2 months.

chirag_pandya

Mar 14, 2019
Okay thanks Amtak. I’ll try Churchgate campus since my degree was 2013. I don’t think it should be that old.
Can you tell me the procedure for the Churchgate campus on what do I need to carry and the timings ?