+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
I

I am sure there are many more as well. I can say this because both the colleges were aware of WES and they featured in the drop down list of WES
If they accept your masters marksheets then it could indicate that I sent them incomplete documents... but I will know only once I know what they reply to you...

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
So
If they accept your masters marksheets then it could indicate that I sent them incomplete documents... but I will know only once I know what they reply to you...
So, they have responded and asked me for the same documents as yours. I think I may need to visit the Kalina campus for this purpose.

BA_LEE

Apr 1, 2019
So

So, they have responded and asked me for the same documents as yours. I think I may need to visit the Kalina campus for this purpose.
What document have they asked you for? They want both the 3rd year mark sheets to be issued by the university?

Let me save you a trip... I went to kalina today and met the dept in charge of the verification. They have refused to issue me a letter explaining the examination patterns of the part time program. They said that they have never had to do this in the past. Wes needs to directly contact them and only then will they respond directly to wes...

dpsk@depth

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi All,

I graduated from DG Ruparel in 2004 (Full time BA) and have completed my Masters from NL Dalmia in 2009 (part time MBA). What is the process that I should follow for sending the documents to WES? Should I get the transcripts from college and go to Kalina campus for attestation for both (2004 and 2009) degrees or I can directly apply for attestation at Kalina campus and send the documents ahead to WES?

So my question is:

1. Where do I go first? College?
2. Where do I go next? University?
or 3. Can i go to university directly? If yes, which campus. My both degrees are now over 10 years old (May 2009) for MBA.

Further, my wife has completed her part time MBA from same college in 2016 and what is the process that she should follow? I am a little confused here and since the university charges are expensive for attestation (Kalina campus), we need to tread carefully.

Please guide.
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply...,

Here as per WES Canada transcript in a sealed envelope and directly couriered from university to WES Canada. To get transcripts from Mumbai university you can either Kalina Campus or Churchgate, but I suggest you go to Churchgate apply for attestation for all documents including college mark memos also, collect it in a sealed envelope and courier to WES Canada from university Postoffice.

Without any issue 100% it wil be accepted by WES Canada. All the best

dpsk@depth

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi,
I've done my bachelor's in science from Mumbai University and part-time masters in marketing from Mumbai university (via sfimar college)
I got all my bachelor's and master's marksheets and degree certificates attested from the churchgate branch of the university. (I can share the process with you if you like)
I had these documents sent to wes. They accepted my bachelor's marksheets but have rejected my master's marksheets saying that both the marksheets issued in the third year need be issued by the university itself... But in my case and also most likely in your wife's case the last year marksheets are issued by college for SEM 1 and university for SEM 2.
When I contacted them and explained this to them, they have asked me to ask my university to send them a letter printed on Mumbai university's letterhead stating the details that I mentioned to them over the call.
Now I'm not sure if the university will do this for me...
Currently, I'm trying to figure if this is possible...
You may want to see if IQAS will process your documents without this additional requirement of a letter from the university
Hi

First I would like to say congrats for your effort to get transcripts (attestation format) from Mumbai University.

As per Rules, no one Colleges have rights to issues transcripts/attestation to Abroad credential service like WES/IQAS/ICES etc. Whichever university/institution are aggregated by UGC/AICTE/MHRD those institutions only have authority to issue transcripts. If you are college is an Autonomous then only your College can issue transcripts and it will be accepted by WES Canada.

But, in your case your College is a normal and affiliated to Mumbai University, hence please apply all documents at Churchgate campus, get attestation for all documents, courier to WES Canada once again and get an approval of your transcripts at credential service in Canada.

Dhingrasa01

May 25, 2019
Hi, I am looking to get my attested mark sheets sent to WES from Mumbai University, and had a couple of questions:

1. The WES website says "Mark Sheets/Statement of Marks" as required documents. Don't the transcripts in a sealed envelope suffice for this? Why do we need photocopies of marksheets to be attested when transcripts are available in a sealed envelope?

2. How much is Mumbai university charging for attesting the mark-sheet photocopies? The lady at the attestation counter told me that it is INR. 750 per document which results in INR. 4,500 if you have a Bachelor's (Sem 5 & 6) and Master's (Year 1 &2) education mark-sheets & degree certificates (Bachelor's & Master's). Additionally, they want each document in duplicate. Whereas this MU webpage: http://mu.ac.in/portal/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Procedure-for-Attestation.pdf says that it should cost only INR. 5 for each document. What am I missing here? Or is Mumbai University actually scamming us by charging 150x the sanctioned price??

Swatimm

Jun 3, 2019
Hi, I am looking to get my attested mark sheets sent to WES from Mumbai University, and had a couple of questions:

1. The WES website says "Mark Sheets/Statement of Marks" as required documents. Don't the transcripts in a sealed envelope suffice for this? Why do we need photocopies of marksheets to be attested when transcripts are available in a sealed envelope?

2. How much is Mumbai university charging for attesting the mark-sheet photocopies? The lady at the attestation counter told me that it is INR. 750 per document which results in INR. 4,500 if you have a Bachelor's (Sem 5 & 6) and Master's (Year 1 &2) education mark-sheets & degree certificates (Bachelor's & Master's). Additionally, they want each document in duplicate. Whereas this MU webpage: http://mu.ac.in/portal/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Procedure-for-Attestation.pdf says that it should cost only INR. 5 for each document. What am I missing here? Or is Mumbai University actually scamming us by charging 150x the sanctioned price??

Hi,
Please do update if you get any news on the attestation fee.

Secondly, can you tell me your degree? I am asking this because you mentioned you only want sem 5 and 6 documents attested from MU. What about the first 4 semesters? Did you get them attested from your college?

Swatimm

Jun 3, 2019
Hi

First I would like to say congrats for your effort to get transcripts (attestation format) from Mumbai University.

As per Rules, no one Colleges have rights to issues transcripts/attestation to Abroad credential service like WES/IQAS/ICES etc. Whichever university/institution are aggregated by UGC/AICTE/MHRD those institutions only have authority to issue transcripts. If you are college is an Autonomous then only your College can issue transcripts and it will be accepted by WES Canada.

But, in your case your College is a normal and affiliated to Mumbai University, hence please apply all documents at Churchgate campus, get attestation for all documents, courier to WES Canada once again and get an approval of your transcripts at credential service in Canada.
Hi,
Where is this information available regarding the University/Institution being affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MHRD only can issue transcripts?

Thanks

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi,
Where is this information available regarding the University/Institution being affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MHRD only can issue transcripts?

Thanks

https://www.wes.org/help#/path/India-FAQ/1200364261/Document-Requirements-for-India.htm

Universities are never affiliated to UGC/AICTE/MHRD. They are recognised by these bodies and not affiliates. Colleges can be affiliated to universities or be autonomous colleges.

Universities and colleges in India cannot award degrees unless they are recognised by UGC or the AICTE, even autonomous colleges need to be recognised by UGC. MHRD does not award recognition. MHRD is parent controlling body of AICTE and UGC and these bodies act on the guidance of MHRD.

Any institution can issue transcripts for the programmes they offer, whether they are degree programmes or not. However, WES and other evaluation agencies will not accept transcripts of institutions that are recognised by UGC, for example, IBS Gurgaon.

amtak

Apr 2, 2019
WES is considerably delayed now. documents that reached on 25th April, last update was on 7th May. It's been over 45 days now...

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
WES is considerably delayed now. documents that reached on 25th April, last update was on 7th May. It's been over 45 days now...
WES is taking 35 "business" days from the day you send your documents, which is about 7 calendar months if there are no public holidays in between.

chirag_pandya

Mar 14, 2019
Has anyone applied for the verification of mark sheets at university of Mumbai on the 17th May, 2019.
If yes, does anyone know if the marksheets are ready and has someone collected them to send it to WES for verification ?

Swatimm

Jun 3, 2019
Has anyone applied for the verification of mark sheets at university of Mumbai on the 17th May, 2019.
If yes, does anyone know if the marksheets are ready and has someone collected them to send it to WES for verification ?
The marksheets are ready for collection. Check the status on below link. Open the link, go to Attestation. On the page you will see the status of attestation as per date applied.
http://mu.ac.in/portal/gateway-fortal/department-of-students-welfares/[URL]http://mu.ac.in/portal/gateway-fortal/department-of-students-welfares/ [/URL]

I had applied on Tuesday last week and the documents were ready in 2 days. Collected and sent on Saturday.