+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

binoyg8

Sep 5, 2017
Hi,

Can someone guide me through the entire process of attestation from the university of Mumbai for WES? I completed my B.Sc degree in 2012.

Thanks!!

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

Can someone guide me through the entire process of attestation from the university of Mumbai for WES? I completed my B.Sc degree in 2012.

Thanks!!
Go to the churchgate campus. Next to Sydenham. Once you fill the inquiry form on the ground floor they will direct you to the correct place. There's a section called 'document verification' . They are very familiar with the process. Give them xerox copies of your mark sheets and passing certificate / convocation. They will fill up a form , staple your documents together and ask you to pay at another counter. Come back with receipt and submit your documents. Go back after 20 days to the same place. They will show you the docs, ask you to check it, stamps etc. Once you're ok, they will put it in an envelope, signed, sealed, with Wes address and give it to you. Make sure they have put your correct Wes reference on the cover. You can courier this directly to Wes.

Tip: carry a4 envelopes with you while going to collect docs as a precaution, cause sometime some officials don't give. Hope this helps.

binoyg8

Sep 5, 2017
Go to the churchgate campus. Next to Sydenham. Once you fill the inquiry form on the ground floor they will direct you to the correct place. There's a section called 'document verification' . They are very familiar with the process. Give them xerox copies of your mark sheets and passing certificate / convocation. They will fill up a form , staple your documents together and ask you to pay at another counter. Come back with receipt and submit your documents. Go back after 20 days to the same place. They will show you the docs, ask you to check it, stamps etc. Once you're ok, they will put it in an envelope, signed, sealed, with Wes address and give it to you. Make sure they have put your correct Wes reference on the cover. You can courier this directly to Wes.

Tip: carry a4 envelopes with you while going to collect docs as a precaution, cause sometime some officials don't give. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the super quick reply!!

Do I have to give just the plain xerox copies of my mark sheets or attested copies/transcripts?

Thanks again!!

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Just plain good old black and white xerox copies. Univ will attest/stamp on back saying they are verified docs. Make sure xerox are good quality, cause Wes is known to reject illegible documents..carry your originals when u go to univ for verification. They don't bother about it but it's good to have

Basically just make sure -
you have your semester wise marksheets (showing all subjects taken & marks received) and the passing/convocation certificate
Final year maksheets (5&6 semester) and degree HAVE to be stamped and sealed envelope by the university
First two years marksheets (4 semesters) HAVE to be signed and sealed by college.

All documents sent to Wes must be in sealed envelopes. If there is even slight hint of tampering they will reject it
All envelopes must have Wes ref on them
For precaution write ur Wes ref on the back of ur docs as well.

And use FedEx .. the have a special Wes courier offer for 1290 ;)

Follow these and u should be good to go

Reactions: joy01

blac

Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have had my Mumbai university BCom (2008) documents returned twice from WES and the reason being -
  • Reason: Document was not received in accordance with WES stated document requirements.

Instructions: Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.
And this is what i did-

The first time- Took a sealed envelope from Bhavans college, Andheri with year 1,2 and 3 transcripts and mailed it to WES. Also went to Mumbai university in Kalina, Santacruz and got third year Mumbai university marksheet verified there and got a sealed envelope from them and mailed it to WES.

These envelopes were not accepted by WES and they gave me the above reason.The Bhavans college documents were signed by the Principal. Both envelopes were sealed too.

The second time- The only difference in this attempt was that i removed year 3 transcript from the Bhavans envelope and did all the the other steps same as above. This attempt didn't work too.

Clearly i'm doing something wrong and need advice. Thank you everyone.

blac

Sep 23, 2017
no i didn't tamper. I just put the documents in new envelopes and went back to college and asked them to seal the envelopes. Yes i only have a bachelors. My degree certificate has been accepted by WES.

blac

Sep 23, 2017
Yes for year 1 and 2, the exams were conducted by the college and hence i got the transcripts from college and sent to wes in sealed envelope

Year 3 was conducted by Mumbai university and i was getting this marksheet verfied from Kalina campus by paying fees of around Rs. 1300 and waiting for 20 days :( . This was the second sealed envelope i sent. It had a small cover letter for WES. Followed by my xerox copy of mark sheet with verified stamp on the back side and placed in a Mumbai university envelope.

I have 2 questions-

Q1. What is the difference between the Kalina and churchgate campus?

Q2. The year 1 and 2 college marksheets/ transcripts do they have to be placed in Mumbai university envelope before sealing ? or just send it as seperate envelope from college?

Thanks again

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Yes they were official transcripts .. signed by the principal... i asked them if controller of exams/registrar can sign .. but they said only principal signs in college
yep that's fine. even mine were signed by principal.

either you're having the shittiest luck with wes or there is something wrong that you didn't realise. I am going for the latter. lets break it down

you are getting only your Bcom degree evaluated. so -

1. marksheets for FY & SY (4 semesters - all showing the subjects taken and marks received) - plain b&w xerox copies, attested by college, in stamped and sealed envelopes. has wes ref number on the cover.

2. marksheets for TY (2 sems) + degree certificate saying passed bcom blah blah - attested by univ , stamped sealed envelope

now tell me if anything was different. one more thing you can do is call up wes (it'll take forever for them to respond, but around 9:00-10:00 am canada time is the best hour to call). find out exactly why they rejected , she will give you generic response. probe her a little, tell her what you sent were exactly as per wes requirements. speak to her in a gentle persistent tone, she'll most definitely be able to tell u what you missed or it could be a genuine fault of wes, which if you make her realise, they will update it.. all the best

blac

Sep 23, 2017
in step 1.. they were not mark sheets but transcripts issued by college for FY and SY... rest as you described
in step 2.. yes.. as you have described

I will try calling WES at 9am to get a feedback .. I tried twice before...was on hold for 20 mins.. then gave up

SO this is what i'm planning now-

step 1 get mark sheets for FY and SY attested by college an send to WES. Will not send the transcripts this time
step 2 get TY marksheet and degree attetsed from churchgate MU office and send to WES. And hopefully it will all work out.

Regards,

Will keep you guys updated.

joy01

Jul 31, 2014
Just plain good old black and white xerox copies. Univ will attest/stamp on back saying they are verified docs. Make sure xerox are good quality, cause Wes is known to reject illegible documents..carry your originals when u go to univ for verification. They don't bother about it but it's good to have

Basically just make sure -
you have your semester wise marksheets (showing all subjects taken & marks received) and the passing/convocation certificate
Final year maksheets (5&6 semester) and degree HAVE to be stamped and sealed envelope by the university
First two years marksheets (4 semesters) HAVE to be signed and sealed by college.

All documents sent to Wes must be in sealed envelopes. If there is even slight hint of tampering they will reject it
All envelopes must have Wes ref on them
For precaution write ur Wes ref on the back of ur docs as well.

And use FedEx .. the have a special Wes courier offer for 1290 ;)

Follow these and u should be good to go
That FedEx offer is a super tip. Thanks for saving everyone's money.
I sent my docs to WES through DHL for 1780 just before reading your post.

joy01

Jul 31, 2014
in step 1.. they were not mark sheets but transcripts issued by college for FY and SY... rest as you described
in step 2.. yes.. as you have described

I will try calling WES at 9am to get a feedback .. I tried twice before...was on hold for 20 mins.. then gave up

SO this is what i'm planning now-

step 1 get mark sheets for FY and SY attested by college an send to WES. Will not send the transcripts this time
step 2 get TY marksheet and degree attetsed from churchgate MU office and send to WES. And hopefully it will all work out.

Regards,

Will keep you guys updated.
Please help with WES phone number?

blac

Sep 23, 2017
I called WES a few day back ..Telephone: (+1) 800-361-6106

45 minutes on hold... finally a lady answered and she heard my concern. She then forwarded my case to the concerned department and said they will update me shortly.. Nothing changed .. and no one updated.. :(

Reactions: darshanmodi