+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Procedures - University of Mumbai

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
****update:

So my dad went this morning and submitted everything.
2 envelopes. One with the wes information and other one blank with no addresses to it. I guess that one is for university records.
Apart from that they charged only 42 rupees and gave a receipt with reference number and instructed to check the status online.

This is peculiarly different as I don't remember this when my friend did this process a year back.

Anyone else have an update or insight???
hahahahaa! update or an insight? your job's done, dude!

Your dad can go collect it on Tuesday, it'll be done. They have streamlined the process and now it is extremely smooth and hassle-free.

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
hahahahaa! update or an insight? your job's done, dude!

Your dad can go collect it on Tuesday, it'll be done. They have streamlined the process and now it is extremely smooth and hassle-free.
**** hahahaha. Oh. Okay. Sounds good. Thanks a lot for all the help.

dkalanithy

Jan 17, 2018
**** hahahaha. Oh. Okay. Sounds good. Thanks a lot for all the help.
Hi,

Could you kindly keep us posted on the progress of your attestation?
  1. Did your Father collect it already? What was the turn around time please?
  2. Did you include failed marksheets as well (if you had any kts) for attestation?
  3. Also, humble request - could you kindly post your progress after you have sent the docs to WES and their acceptance? Thanks.
Regards,
Dhivya

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi,

2. Did you include failed marksheets as well (if you had any kts) for attestation?
  3. Also, humble request - could you kindly post your progress after you have sent the docs to WES and their acceptance? Thanks.
Regards,
Dhivya
1. Turnaround time is about 24-48 hours, not longer.
2. Include failed marksheets, doesn't matter to WES as long as you have cleared your exams and attained the degree.

dkalanithy

Jan 17, 2018
Could someone please clarify the following few questions for me? Thanks in advance.

1. For B.E from Mumbai University - Is convocation degree attested copy compulsory for WES or a provisional certificate will suffice? (I do not have my convocation degree and never bothered to follow up back then) >WES site does mention convocation OR provisional, but have heard otherwise as well.
    1. a. Any suggestions on the quickest way to get your convocation degree from MU? I never received it post my BE and I ran around between college to Uni for 3 years, each time being told to check at the other location! :( Finally gave up and never assumed I would need it till I started the PR process.
  2. I have a gap in my degree and would like to know whether it is needed to include your failed marksheets as well for attestation from MU to be included in the WES docket.
  3. I have collected 3 original transcript copies from my college sealed and signed - 2 singed by registrar and 1 signed by the principal. I plan to include one of these transcripts along with the sealed envelope from MU and send it in a bigger envelope to WES. Please confirm if this procedure is correct.
  4. Should I open one of the extra transcript envelopes I have from college to see if failed marksheets are included? As well as should I take these transcripts and also get them attested by MU along with marksheet xeroxes?
  5. Recommendations on economical and assured courier options in Mumbai appreciated.
Notes: I have already paid WES and have my reference number ready.

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Dhivya

dkalanithy

Jan 17, 2018
1. Turnaround time is about 24-48 hours, not longer.
2. Include failed marksheets, doesn't matter to WES as long as you have cleared your exams and attained the degree.
Thank you very much. Added a few additional questions in a new post. Would appreciate any advise on those too! Thank you

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Could someone please clarify the following few questions for me? Thanks in advance.

1. For B.E from Mumbai University - Is convocation degree attested copy compulsory for WES or a provisional certificate will suffice? (I do not have my convocation degree and never bothered to follow up back then) >WES site does mention convocation OR provisional, but have heard otherwise as well.
    1. a. Any suggestions on the quickest way to get your convocation degree from MU? I never received it post my BE and I ran around between college to Uni for 3 years, each time being told to check at the other location! :( Finally gave up and never assumed I would need it till I started the PR process.
  2. I have a gap in my degree and would like to know whether it is needed to include your failed marksheets as well for attestation from MU to be included in the WES docket.
  3. I have collected 3 original transcript copies from my college sealed and signed - 2 singed by registrar and 1 signed by the principal. I plan to include one of these transcripts along with the sealed envelope from MU and send it in a bigger envelope to WES. Please confirm if this procedure is correct.
  4. Should I open one of the extra transcript envelopes I have from college to see if failed marksheets are included? As well as should I take these transcripts and also get them attested by MU along with marksheet xeroxes?
  5. Recommendations on economical and assured courier options in Mumbai appreciated.
Notes: I have already paid WES and have my reference number ready.

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Dhivya
Couple of answers which I can provide:

• Recommendations on economical and assured courier options in Mumbai appreciated.
Use DTDC or Overnite. Never use Indiapost as it can easily get stuck at Canada Airport customs and will take around 30-45 days to clear that out.
  • I have a gap in my degree and would like to know whether it is needed to include your failed marksheets as well for attestation from MU to be included in the WES docket.
Well, i can share my experience where I did not share my failed marksheets with WES and they never asked for.
  • I have collected 3 original transcript copies from my college sealed and signed - 2 singed by registrar and 1 signed by the principal. I plan to include one of these transcripts along with the sealed envelope from MU and send it in a bigger envelope to WES. Please confirm if this procedure is correct.
If the transcripts you have received are already in a sealed envelope, surely you can put them into a bigger envelope and send it to WES. Prefer, getting an envelope from Univeristy itself. I did that.
  • Should I open one of the extra transcript envelopes I have from college to see if failed marksheets are included? As well as should I take these transcripts and also get them attested by MU along with marksheet xeroxes?
Do not open the sealed envelops at any cost as it can hamper your WES process.

dkalanithy

Jan 17, 2018
Couple of answers which I can provide:

• Recommendations on economical and assured courier options in Mumbai appreciated.
Use DTDC or Overnite. Never use Indiapost as it can easily get stuck at Canada Airport customs and will take around 30-45 days to clear that out.
  • I have a gap in my degree and would like to know whether it is needed to include your failed marksheets as well for attestation from MU to be included in the WES docket.
Well, i can share my experience where I did not share my failed marksheets with WES and they never asked for.
  • I have collected 3 original transcript copies from my college sealed and signed - 2 singed by registrar and 1 signed by the principal. I plan to include one of these transcripts along with the sealed envelope from MU and send it in a bigger envelope to WES. Please confirm if this procedure is correct.
If the transcripts you have received are already in a sealed envelope, surely you can put them into a bigger envelope and send it to WES. Prefer, getting an envelope from Univeristy itself. I did that.
  • Should I open one of the extra transcript envelopes I have from college to see if failed marksheets are included? As well as should I take these transcripts and also get them attested by MU along with marksheet xeroxes?
Do not open the sealed envelops at any cost as it can hamper your WES process.

Thank you very much! This is very helpful. Planning to go to the Churchgate attestation place next week. :)

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thank you very much! This is very helpful. Planning to go to the Churchgate attestation place next week. :)
actually, open one of the sealed transcripts (rest you can keep in your personal file). I did that for the missus. Why? That way you can attach and attest all the documents from the university and send it in one envelope. That's the transcript, marksheets, passing certificate and the degree certificate.

MU will take B&W xeroxes of all documents (even your transcript) in duplicate. So, one set for MU records and one set for WES. Hope this makes it clear. All of these will be in a smaller envelope, and then put the smaller envelope in a larger one and send.

As for courier, send through any of them - FEDEX, DHL, DTDC. From the time it leaves Indian shores, takes about 48-72 hours to reach WES, assuming you send it start or middle of the week.

Reactions: AliKhan86

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
Hi,

Regards,
Dhivya

*** hi. No my father hasn't collected it yet. He tried the number to call and check but it says that it's not a valid number. However he's going to go by tomorrow and see.
2. I didn't have any failed marksheets.

***i do have a question though. I am applying for this program with my wife as primary applicant. I've done the process of her wes from here in dubai. However, we don't have a marriage certificate issued by an Indian marriage court. We got married here in UAE and we have a marriage certificate issued by our community. However, I'm going to get my wife's name added on my passport as spouse and vice versa. Would this be enough?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
*** hi. No my father hasn't collected it yet. He tried the number to call and check but it says that it's not a valid number. However he's going to go by tomorrow and see.

***i do have a question though. I am applying for this program with my wife as primary applicant. I've done the process of her wes from here in dubai. However, we don't have a marriage certificate issued by an Indian marriage court. We got married here in UAE and we have a marriage certificate issued by our community. However, I'm going to get my wife's name added on my passport as spouse and vice versa. Would this be enough?
Don't bother calling, go and collect it.

Include marriage certificate by community, add wife's name to passport, and your name in her passport, and explain this in your LoE. Should be enough.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Don't bother calling, go and collect it.

Include marriage certificate by community, add wife's name to passport, and your name in her passport, and explain this in your LoE. Should be enough.
Marriage Certificate is mandatory. It is clearly stated by IRCC on the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

Marriage Certificate is mandatory. It is clearly stated by IRCC on the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bullet

****so essentially the certificate issued by my community won't do, even with the letter of explanation.
Will it be okay if I get this certificate attested by the government body of uae and consulate of India in uae or do I have to have a marriage certificate issued by government of uae or India in the latter case for which we will have to go to India and get married legally in court.

***on another note, my dad did collect the transcripts on tuesday and couriered them to wes. Cost him 4200 from fedex.

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
****so essentially the certificate issued by my community won't do, even with the letter of explanation.
Will it be okay if I get this certificate attested by the government body of uae and consulate of India in uae or do I have to have a marriage certificate issued by government of uae or India in the latter case for which we will have to go to India and get married legally in court.

***on another note, my dad did collect the transcripts on tuesday and couriered them to wes. Cost him 4200 from fedex.