+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wes Problem

simonrule

Sep 18, 2019
Why did they put Secondary school diploma in Canadian Equivalency i studied Cuisine for 2 Years school called ISMT. is this normal and is it going to affect my points on Express Entry ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because professional bodies usually do not assess trade school diplomas. So in your EE profile, you select secondary school diploma which will effect your CRS score.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I didn’t ask for your CRS score. I don’t even think you are eligible. Click on the link and add up your points. Do you have 67 or more. If you don’t you are not eligible for Express Entry and can’t submit a profile.

simonrule

Sep 18, 2019
Language skills points : didn't take the exam yet. but lets say i scored 6 in everything i think this gives me 24 points.
Education points: I didn't understand this part, i graduated from high school (Diploma of Baccalaureate of Secondary Education) after that i studied Cuisine (cook) for 2 years in my country.
Work experience points: I have more than 8 years of experience as cook, i think this gives me 15 points.
Age points: I'm 31 years old. this gives me 12 points.
Adaptability points: I have sister lives in Canada, which will give me 5 points.
Arranged employment in Canada points: i don't have any job offers.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Language skills points : didn't take the exam yet. but lets say i scored 6 in everything i think this gives me 24 points.
Education points: I didn't understand this part, i graduated from high school (Diploma of Baccalaureate of Secondary Education) after that i studied Cuisine (cook) for 2 years in my country.
Work experience points: I have more than 8 years of experience as cook, i think this gives me 15 points.
Adaptability points: I have sister lives in Canada, which will give me 5 points.
Language- If you score 6 in all sections then that is CLB 7 - 16 points.
ECA - You have a diploma with a high school diploma - 5 points
Work - 15
Age - 12
Sister who is citizen or PR - 5

Total 53 points so you are not eligible for Express Entry.

Reactions: simonrule

vik7

Feb 9, 2020
Like @Naturgrl said, scoring 6 Band in each section gives you CLB 7. And if we calculate points for your profile on the six Selection Factor Points, your total comes to 53. Minimum 67 points are required to be eligible under Federal Skilled Worker Program (Express Entry). The CRS score is irrelevant here as the eligibility is not met. Look up the official page shared earlier in the thread and read through each factor and see what you can do to increase the score.

Further, even if you have CLB 9 in all sections of IELTS i.e. 24 points for Language, even then you reach only 61 points for the same profile. The problem here is the secondary school diploma equivalency that you have received from WES. If you had received an equivalency of "Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute", then you are able to reach 67 points with CLB 7 in each section. Try using the Selection Factor Points Calculator to calculate points automatically or use the official link to manually calculate the points. There is also a CLB Calculator to convert IELTS to CLB for various bands.

You may want to try a different ECA organization such as IQAS, ICES, ICAS or CES to see if they are able to give you a better equivalency for that two year course from ISMT. That should solve your problem.

Reactions: simonrule

simonrule

Sep 18, 2019
@Naturgrl thank you for all the help, sorry for asking stupid question its just I've been stressful when i found out this i studied cooking to get Diploma and manage to immigrate to Canada, i never thought for second that this Diploma is useless.

@vik7 thank you for all the info.
which one you think from this ECA organization is the best or you think i should try them all and see i will be able to get "Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute", lets say I manage to receive it i still have chance to submit my profile on Express Entry ?

vik7

Feb 9, 2020
@Naturgrl thank you for all the help, sorry for asking stupid question its just I've been stressful when i found out this i studied cooking to get Diploma and manage to immigrate to Canada, i never thought for second that this Diploma is useless.

@vik7 thank you for all the info.
which one you think from this ECA organization is the best or you think i should try them all and see i will be able to get "Two year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute", lets say I manage to receive it i still have chance to submit my profile on Express Entry ?
In my experience IQAS has been a better choice. they gave an ECA of Masters for a 1 year masters degree that was rated as bachelors by WES. But I suggest that you first search the forum for threads where someone with similar schooling who got a favorable ECA and then go ahead only with that organization. If funds are not a problem, try your luck with all of them.