+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES-PhD Evaluation

Doctor89

Feb 11, 2021
How to apply for WES if some has not received his or her Ph.D. Degree but has submitted the thesis and done with the final viva.

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Hello,
Am in a same situation now. Getting the Masters original degree is difficult.
Is it enough if we submit the Ph.D alone?
immigration applicants only need to submit their highest completed credential. If you send other docs to consolidate, fine, but they are not required or will give you more CRS points.

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
immigration applicants only need to submit their highest completed credential. If you send other docs to consolidate, fine, but they are not required or will give you more CRS points.
Thanks. We evaluated only the Ph.D degree and got PR :)

surbhi_m

Mar 6, 2021
Thanks. We evaluated only the Ph.D degree and got PR :)
hi,

I am in process of getting my PhD degree evaluated. did you send only Phd conferral form (requested by WES) in the sealed envelope ? and uploaded the attested degrees online on the wes account?

thanks

surbhi_m

Mar 6, 2021
Hi All,

I have recently sent all my attested documents to WES for evaluation. I have sent my attested and sealed Ph.D. certificate that WES has accepted. But WES also asked me to sent a Confirmation of Doctoral Degree.
Now I have no idea what should I sent for this- as I have already sent my attested Ph.D. degree certificate. When I check the requirement, this is what is given at website

"If you completed a doctoral degree, a written statement from the awarding institution indicating the date your degree was conferred and your major is also required. The WES confirmation of doctoral degree conferral form (https://applications.wes.org/onlineapp/pdf/ca/degreeconferral.pdf ) may be used for this purpose."

- Now, What Should I Do? Shall I request my previous university to fill and sign this degree conferral form along with the degree certificate and sent them again?
- If I only get this doctoral degree conferral form attested and sent in a sealed envelope. Would that be ok?
- Have anybody has evaluated his/her Ph.D. degree from WES? If yes, I would highly appreciate if you will share the information that you sent to this section.

I look forward to the reply.

Many Thanks,
is the second option ok? what u finally did?

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
hi,

I am in process of getting my PhD degree evaluated. did you send only Phd conferral form (requested by WES) in the sealed envelope ? and uploaded the attested degrees online on the wes account?

thanks
We did following
-Phd conferral form (requested by WES) in the sealed envelope
- Uploaded PhD provisional certificate on the portal

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Thanks a lot for the information!!
hi, is the phd conferral form can be signed eletronically by me and then sent to the university to be signed or it is advised to be handwritten from my side?

as i am in canada now and i am wondering, because if i should sign it by hand i should send it by postmail which may take some time :/

can you advise please??

surbhi_m

Mar 6, 2021
hi, is the phd conferral form can be signed eletronically by me and then sent to the university to be signed or it is advised to be handwritten from my side?

as i am in canada now and i am wondering, because if i should sign it by hand i should send it by postmail which may take some time :/

can you advise please??
Yes you can sign it electronically.. and then mail the signed conferral form to the university. I did the same.

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
Yes you can sign it electronically.. and then mail the signed conferral form to the university. I did the same.
thank you for your response, also what did you upload in your academic transcripts because in my case phd degree does not provide any transcripts!

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
thank you for your response, also what did you upload in your academic transcripts because in my case phd degree does not provide any transcripts!
i called wes today and they told me that instead of the transcripts my university should write a letter saying we do not provide transcripts for the phd degree. what about you what did you upload in the transcripts part?

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
i called wes today and they told me that instead of the transcripts my university should write a letter saying we do not provide transcripts for the phd degree. what about you what did you upload in the transcripts part?

surbhi_m

Mar 6, 2021
For PhD, you do not need to upload any transcript. You just have to send the Phd degree conferral in the envelope and upload your phd degree online on the wes portal. Check WES requirement for Phd.