+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES-PhD Evaluation

risingfire

Jun 5, 2017
Hi All,

I have recently sent all my attested documents to WES for evaluation. I have sent my attested and sealed Ph.D. certificate that WES has accepted. But WES also asked me to sent a Confirmation of Doctoral Degree.
Now I have no idea what should I sent for this- as I have already sent my attested Ph.D. degree certificate. When I check the requirement, this is what is given at website

"If you completed a doctoral degree, a written statement from the awarding institution indicating the date your degree was conferred and your major is also required. The WES confirmation of doctoral degree conferral form (https://applications.wes.org/onlineapp/pdf/ca/degreeconferral.pdf ) may be used for this purpose."

- Now, What Should I Do? Shall I request my previous university to fill and sign this degree conferral form along with the degree certificate and sent them again?
- If I only get this doctoral degree conferral form attested and sent in a sealed envelope. Would that be ok?
- Have anybody has evaluated his/her Ph.D. degree from WES? If yes, I would highly appreciate if you will share the information that you sent to this section.

I look forward to the reply.

Many Thanks,

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Did you send PhD conferral letter? Did u send masters also? What was result? Your phd was how many years and which country? sorry but I have problem with WES :(

risingfire

Jun 5, 2017
Hi,
Did you send PhD conferral letter? Did u send masters also? What was result? Your phd was how many years and which country? sorry but I have problem with WES :(
Yes, I sent all documents [BSc, MSc, and Ph.D. (degree and conferral letter)]. But the conferral letter is needed only for Ph.D. I got my evaluation report. However, for the completion of any program [Let's say Ph.D. or MSc], WES considers the date of degree awarded instead of thesis submission. What's the problem (if you don't mind me asking)?

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I cant get my Bachelors transcript done. so was wondering if only PhD or PhD+Masters will be enough to obtain positive evaluation

risingfire

Jun 5, 2017
I cant get my Bachelors transcript done. so was wondering if only PhD or PhD+Masters will be enough to obtain positive evaluation
You can only evaluate your Ph.D. degree if you want. But if you want to evaluate your M.Sc degree then it is must to submit the Bachelor's transcripts and degree. I remember reading this statement on the WES org (However, I didn't manage to get this information today. Sorry about that). Also, I personally asked this question by calling at immigration itself. They suggested evaluating all the degrees.
I hope this will help.

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Ok. In that case may be I send them phd and masters documents for just phd evaluation as my phd 2 years only as I had masters 2 years. Do they have min..phd duration?

Phd evaluation will give me max points then why need all credentials assesed.?

Last edited:

risingfire

Jun 5, 2017
Not sure about the minimum Ph.D. duration. But I think at the same price you can evaluate all (B.Sc, MSc, and Ph.D.) documents. You can check again and if there's any difference in price then you can only go for only Ph.D. evaluation. I also had the same question in my mind when I started the evaluation of my documents. I didn't get any specific answers so choose to evaluate all.

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Not sure about the minimum Ph.D. duration. But I think at the same price you can evaluate all (B.Sc, MSc, and Ph.D.) documents. You can check again and if there's any difference in price then you can only go for only Ph.D. evaluation. I also had the same question in my mind when I started the evaluation of my documents. I didn't get any specific answers so choose to evaluate all.
Its not about price or money. Its about what is required minimum? It is very difficult to provide Bachelors transcript, so will I get positive PhD evaluation without bachelors?

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Anybody evaluated PHD with only PhD certificate and conferral letter with WES?

ssau-ali

Feb 9, 2018
Dear all,
I am also in the state of confusion with the evaluation of my PhD degree.
I would like to know that which documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope? Conferral letter only? or transcript and degree should also be in sealed envelope?
The problem is that my PhD degree is in Spanish language. DO I need to make translation before sending? Moreover, my transcript is in English language.

Kindly guide me .

pawansh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi,

Yes, I sent all documents [BSc, MSc, and Ph.D. (degree and conferral letter)]. But the conferral letter is needed only for Ph.D. I got my evaluation report. However, for the completion of any program [Let's say Ph.D. or MSc], WES considers the date of degree awarded instead of thesis submission. What's the problem (if you don't mind me asking)?
Hey if we use provisional degree for PHD is it fine even after ITA

Jeeja Arun

Aug 7, 2019
Hi, those who done with the WES, did u send the transcript/ marksheet of PhD also? In our university there is no grading for doctoral degree, thus no marksheet. So what should I do while they are asking for marksheet of the PhD degree?

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Same situation here now.

My spouse has B.A,MA.M.Phil & Ph.D in English Literature from Bharathiyar University in India

Is it enough to get the ECA done only for the Ph.D ?

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Hello,
Am in a same situation now. Getting the Masters original degree is difficult.
Is it enough if we submit the Ph.D alone?