+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Name Difference

roastedpeanuts

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi guys,
I was looking at my partner’s ECA report and they mentioned that the name on the certificate is different than his name. They also wrote the name on his certificate. However, the only difference is that his father’s name is also written in the middle of his name in the degree. His father’s name is written both cases on his passport.

Another difference is that is his last name on his passport has a space in between whereas on the degree there isn’t. I don’t think an LOE is necessary since the only real difference is the space in the family name (since his father’s name is written on the passport).

Example:
Name in Wes Account: John DOE FUL
Name on degree: John Mike Doeful

Passport details:
First name: John
Father’s Name: Mike
Family Name: Doe Ful

What do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!

taim

Aug 4, 2018
I'm facing issue with Father name being short on my educational certificates like "AAA BBB" but on my passport and my father's passport his name is as "AAA BBB CCC". And I could not figure out till now what to do.

roastedpeanuts

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
BBB is your father’s name or your family name?
In both cases I don’t think it’s an issue. Many countries indicate only one of those. As long as your passport has both names mentioned, it shouldn’t matter. You can write an LoE if you want.

taim

Aug 4, 2018
BBB is your father’s name or your family name?
In both cases I don’t think it’s an issue. Many countries indicate only one of those. As long as your passport has both names mentioned, it shouldn’t matter. You can write an LoE if you want.
No, sorry seems like I explained wrong. Problem is that my father's name on my Educational Documents is --, but on my Passport/ID (in the Father name section) it is --.
Also in my father's passport, his name is written as --.

Last edited:

roastedpeanuts

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
No, sorry seems like I explained wrong. Problem is that my father's name on my Educational Documents is Mahmood Sultan, but on my Passport/ID (in the Father name section) it is Mahmood Sultan Adil.
Also in my father's passport, his name is written as Mahmood Sultan Adil.
You are the applicant right? What’s your full name?

roastedpeanuts

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Yes I'm the applicant and my full name is Taimoor Sultan.
My name is correct in all of my documents.
If it’s right on your educational degree, it doesn’t matter if your father’s name was missing “Adil” no worries!

Arulvallavan

Jul 9, 2020
My name in Bachelor’s degree : Arul Mani R

PGDM degree : Arulmani Radhakrishnan

Passport : Arulmani Radha Krishnan

My actual name : Arulmani Radhakrishnan

Will this be a problem? I have searched in multiple forums but unable to come to a conclusion.

1. Do I need to provide an affidavit stating all are same? Will it suffice? Or
  2. Any other ways?
I'm applying through IQAS. Should I enter like in passport?

Reactions: mona247

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My name in Bachelor’s degree : Arul Mani R

PGDM degree : Arulmani Radhakrishnan

Passport : Arulmani Radha Krishnan

My actual name : Arulmani Radhakrishnan

Will this be a problem? I have searched in multiple forums but unable to come to a conclusion.

1. Do I need to provide an affidavit stating all are same? Will it suffice? Or
  2. Any other ways?
I'm applying through IQAS. Should I enter like in passport?
Option 1, you need a simple affidavit which says all are the same. Its a simple self declaration kind of affidavit which you can type on your own and sign it in front of a Notary. Attach this along with your letter of explanation.

Reactions: Ritazz

Arulvallavan

Jul 9, 2020
Thank you so much. Hope it will help me. Should i fill IQAS form according to my Passport? because my last name is Radhakrishnan and not Radha Krishnan.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you so much. Hope it will help me. Should i fill IQAS form according to my Passport? because my last name is Radhakrishnan and not Radha Krishnan.
As per your passport ofcourse !! Your PR application will all be based on your name as per passport.

Reactions: Arulvallavan