+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES : is Bachelor of Medicine equivalent to a degree, post secondary diploma of at least two years in Canada?

KIKY_YAU

Aug 29, 2022
IRCC just gave me 10 days to explain. I am a Bachelor of Medicine. I am applying for the Canada Hong Kong pathway open work permit, and IRCC said that he wanted me to explained my educational credential “ is equivalent to a degree, post secondary diploma of at least two years or a post-graduate diploma or certificate of at least one year in Canada”. But now my WES degree certification is “Five years of professional study in traditional Chinese medicine”. Please tell me whether my education meets the requirements of IRCC?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
IRCC just gave me 10 days to explain. I am a Bachelor of Medicine. I am applying for the Canada Hong Kong pathway open work permit, and IRCC said that he wanted me to explained my educational credential “ is equivalent to a degree, post secondary diploma of at least two years or a post-graduate diploma or certificate of at least one year in Canada”. But now my WES degree certification is “Five years of professional study in traditional Chinese medicine”. Please tell me whether my education meets the requirements of IRCC?
so is the degree in Chinese medicine only or western medicine as well? Technically does your degree lead to a residency on a western hospital?

KIKY_YAU

Aug 29, 2022
so is the degree in Chinese medicine only or western medicine as well? Technically does your degree lead to a residency on a western hospital?
The degree is in Chinese medicine only. My degree lead to a residency on a western hospital just in China. BUT I can use my medical bachelor to apply for the exam for the acupuncturist license in Canada, and I can become a licensed acupuncturist in Canada by passing this exam.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The degree is in Chinese medicine only. My degree lead to a residency on a western hospital just in China. BUT I can use my medical bachelor to apply for the exam for the acupuncturist license in Canada, and I can become a licensed acupuncturist in Canada by passing this exam.
I don’t think your degree will beconsidered a professional degree in Canada. A western medicine degree. A degree in Chinese medicine or a degee Or certificate in acupuncture is not usually considered a professional degree in Canada. There are only a few degrees is certain fields that are considered professional degree. Has your degree actually be classified as a professional degree by WES or any of the other organizations. Have you heard of others with the same degree being classified as professional degrees?

KIKY_YAU

Aug 29, 2022
I don’t think your degree will beconsidered a professional degree in Canada. A western medicine degree. A degree in Chinese medicine or a degee Or certificate in acupuncture is not usually considered a professional degree in Canada. There are only a few degrees is certain fields that are considered professional degree. Has your degree actually be classified as a professional degree by WES or any of the other organizations. Have you heard of others with the same degree being classified as professional degrees?
A bachelor of medicine can earn 23 points according to CIC(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html) .
My Chinese degree certificate only says that I am a medical bachelor, and don't say whether I am traditional Chinese medicine or Western medicine. My Chinese degree certificate says my major is traditional Chinese medicine. Is professional degree belongs to the post-secondary education?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A bachelor of medicine can earn 23 points according to CIC(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html) .
My Chinese degree certificate only says that I am a medical bachelor, and don't say whether I am traditional Chinese medicine or Western medicine. My Chinese degree certificate says my major is traditional Chinese medicine. Is professional degree belongs to the post-secondary education?
Your degree isn’t considered a western medical degree. WES would have researched whether this was a traditional Chinese medicine or western medicine program.