+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES/IQAS Equivalency for 10+3+4 Year Education

UsamaAmjad

Sep 7, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I need to send my document for ECA but I am confused which agency should I choose to get better equivalency/score?

Below is my education:
1) Secondary School / 10th grade
1) Completed 3 year Diploma of Associate Engineer after Secondary School
2) Completed 4 year bachelors of Computer Science from University after diploma

The question is, am I eligible for Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?
I heard that IQAS evaluate 3 year diploma as Post Secondary Certificate which means 12+1 year
while WES evaluate it just Higher Secondary which means 12 year education.
IQAS document screenshot about DAE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AvJUiSzqFZBlKpyDD8NhtNQIfJPHwsgU

Can anyone please share his/her valuable experience?

Muhammad Arshad Awan

Feb 19, 2019
I just want to ask you that you are getting ECA from IQAS for your diploma and degrees Can you please tell me what procedure you addopted & how it worked as I want to get ECA for my DAE which is from Punjab Board of Technical Education and B-Tech(Pass) & B-Tech(Hons) from Preston University Kohat. So how it will work?
Means I need to send both degrees through HEC with original transcripts and Diploma through Panjab board of Technical Education?
Degree & Diploma will be sent separately with different authorities then how IQAS will evaluate it together should we have to mention some reference number on any form which we get from IQAS website or what will be the procedure as I am living in Uae and planning to go vacations and finish this all procedure can you please guide me in this regard.
Your reply will be highly appreciated!

UsamaAmjad

Sep 7, 2018
No, you don't need to send everything separately. What you can do is get a Sealed Envelope of verified copies from all your institution/university and put them in one large envelope along with IQAS Application Form and then send everything by yourself in one go.

So the process will be as follows:
1. You will register your Application on IQAS and pay the fees by credit/debit card.
2. After the payment you will get your Reference Number (This will be required for Transcripts/Degrees verification) and Application Form.
3. After that you will need to get verified Degrees and Transcripts copies from your institution (Techincal Board & University). This is the important step, make sure you do it correctly. In my case Diploma was verified by Sindh Techincal Board and Degree was verified by the University (HEC verification is not required but I did it too just to be on safe side). You will need verified copies in sealed envelops and maybe you will be required to verify your B-Tech from just Techincal Board but I am not sure.
4. Complete the IQAS application form (both hardcopy and online), put it in an envelope along with other sealed envelopes, and ship it to IQAS.

But keep in mind that IQAS is really really slow and I am waiting for 5 months for ECA. Their workload is increasing day by day and application times are also increasing (7 months these days). I would suggest you to research on WES as well. If both IQAS and WES give same ECA on your profile then go for WES it only takes 1 month.

Note: Its been a while since I submitted my documents so the process might be changed now. Make sure you read their updated guidelines and follow them.

Muhammad Arshad Awan

Feb 19, 2019
No, you don't need to send everything separately. What you can do is get a Sealed Envelope of verified copies from all your institution/university and put them in one large envelope along with IQAS Application Form and then send everything by yourself in one go.

So the process will be as follows:
1. You will register your Application on IQAS and pay the fees by credit/debit card.
2. After the payment you will get your Reference Number (This will be required for Transcripts/Degrees verification) and Application Form.
3. After that you will need to get verified Degrees and Transcripts copies from your institution (Techincal Board & University). This is the important step, make sure you do it correctly. In my case Diploma was verified by Sindh Techincal Board and Degree was verified by the University (HEC verification is not required but I did it too just to be on safe side). You will need verified copies in sealed envelops and maybe you will be required to verify your B-Tech from just Techincal Board but I am not sure.
4. Complete the IQAS application form (both hardcopy and online), put it in an envelope along with other sealed envelopes, and ship it to IQAS.

But keep in mind that IQAS is really really slow and I am waiting for 5 months for ECA. Their workload is increasing day by day and application times are also increasing (7 months these days). I would suggest you to research on WES as well. If both IQAS and WES give same ECA on your profile then go for WES it only takes 1 month.

Note: Its been a while since I submitted my documents so the process might be changed now. Make sure you read their updated guidelines and follow them.
Thanks for your help bro
Should we send something original or all copies?
As I checked on there webwite they are accepting only the documents in HEC sealed envelopes so what you will suggest should I send through hec or only get attested by university in sealed envelope and send them?
Your reply is highly appreciated
Thank you!

UsamaAmjad

Sep 7, 2018
Thanks for your help bro
Should we send something original or all copies?
As I checked on their website they are accepting only the documents in HEC sealed envelopes so what you will suggest should I send through HEC or only get attested by the university in a sealed envelope and send them?
Your reply is highly appreciated
Thank you!
1. Original is NOT required and you should not send original documents because they won't return it.
2. Yes, as per the updated guide (see page 38) you should attest it from HEC. What you can do is get the copies verified by your university and then give it to HEC for verification and get it back in Sealed Envelope from HEC.
3. The updated guide also said "Sent to IQAS directly by HEC in a sealed envelope that is signed / stamped across the back flap by the official". So check it if you can send it directly by yourself or not. Btw I sent all the sealed envelops by myself.

Muhammad Arshad Awan

Feb 19, 2019
1. Original is NOT required and you should not send original documents because they won't return it.
2. Yes, as per the updated guide (see page 38) you should attest it from HEC. What you can do is get the copies verified by your university and then give it to HEC for verification and get it back in Sealed Envelope from HEC.
3. The updated guide also said "Sent to IQAS directly by HEC in a sealed envelope that is signed / stamped across the back flap by the official". So check it if you can send it directly by yourself or not. Btw I sent all the sealed envelops by myself.
Yes I checked that page 38 thats why I am confused that how it will work if I will send 1 envelope throygh HEC & 1 envelope through PBTE...
So for example if I am having two degrees and two transcripts I need to attest all of the transcripts & degrees or the highest degree only?
HEC is accepting photocopies alone for attestation or they ask for original degree as well?
As I am in Uae and degrees are with me and I want that my brother do this all procedure for me is it possible Boards/Universities/HEC will do that all without original documents?
What is the meaning of "Oficial Copy" in 3rd column of page 38 ?
Your time is precious & I appreciate your replies as It is minimizing my queries & doubts...
Thank you!

UsamaAmjad

Sep 7, 2018
Yes I checked that page 38 thats why I am confused that how it will work if I will send 1 envelope throygh HEC & 1 envelope through PBTE...
So for example if I am having two degrees and two transcripts I need to attest all of the transcripts & degrees or the highest degree only?
HEC is accepting photocopies alone for attestation or they ask for original degree as well?
As I am in Uae and degrees are with me and I want that my brother do this all procedure for me is it possible Boards/Universities/HEC will do that all without original documents?
What is the meaning of "Oficial Copy" in 3rd column of page 38 ?
Your time is precious & I appreciate your replies as It is minimizing my queries & doubts...
Thank you!
1. I think this point (Sent to IQAS directly by HEC) was the same even when I applied but I sent all those sealed envelopes in one big envelope by my self. You may call them to confirm.
2. I am not sure about that. I have sent both Diploma and Degree verified copies. Didn't want to take a risk because IQAS takes a lot of time.
3. If your original degree is not verified by HEC then they will probably need it. You may call them to confirm. Otherwise, you will have to send your documents to Pakistan.
4. I think the official copy is also verified by University before HEC, not sure though.

Abid453

Mar 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I need to send my document for ECA but I am confused which agency should I choose to get better equivalency/score?

Below is my education:
1) Secondary School / 10th grade
1) Completed 3 year Diploma of Associate Engineer after Secondary School
2) Completed 4 year bachelors of Computer Science from University after diploma

The question is, am I eligible for Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees?
I heard that IQAS evaluate 3 year diploma as Post Secondary Certificate which means 12+1 year
while WES evaluate it just Higher Secondary which means 12 year education.
IQAS document screenshot about DAE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AvJUiSzqFZBlKpyDD8NhtNQIfJPHwsgU

Can anyone please share his/her valuable experience?
Hi, dear Usama can you please share your assessment report?

UsamaAmjad

Sep 7, 2018
Hi, dear Usama can you please share your assessment report?
Yes I got the intended result, means 128 points. If it was WES than I would only get 120 points for Bachelors since they don't compare 3 years diploma as a one-year post-secondary Certificate.

COMPARATIVE LEVEL OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA
The diploma generally compares to the completion of:
a High Scholl Diploma, and
a one-year post-secondary Certificate with a focus in electrical technology.

The Bachelor's degree generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in computer science.

Last edited:

Abid453

Mar 29, 2019
Yes I got the intended result, means 128 points. If it was WES than I would only get 120 points for Bachelors since they don't compare 3 years diploma as a one-year post-secondary Certificate.

COMPARATIVE LEVEL OF ACHIEVEMENT IN CANADA
The diploma generally compares to the completion of:
a High Scholl Diploma, and
a one-year post-secondary Certificate with a focus in electrical technology.

The Bachelor's degree generally compares to the completion of a four-year Bachelor of Science degree with a focus in computer science.
Thank you dear,