+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES for pharmacy degree from India

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sent my documents to WES for evaluation and the status is documents under review..however my question is the evaluation report which I would get from WES is valid or not as I heard for a pharmacy graduate evaluation should be done from pEBC and not WEC. I m not going to apply as pharmacist since I m working in clinical research field. Moreover I have completed B pharm and m pharm so both will be countested or only b pharm wil be considered for evaluation.

Rina9285

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am exactly in the same situation as Rahul. I want apply as a clinical research professional and I have studied M.Pharm and B.Pharm from India.I am confused as to where to apply for credential assessment- PEBC or WES? I want to claim points for my Master degree also however PEBC does not assess Master degree.

Could anybody please guide me quickly? That would be very helpful as I have to hurry up the Educational credential process.

Thanks in advance.

mak2020

Jul 5, 2023
Hi Rahul,

Below is my sister's timeline, if she wants to create an Express Entry profile, what type of evaluation would you suggest for her education, WES or PEBC? And/or the NOC code she should select?

EDUCATION: B. Pharmacy - 2008 to 2012 - Jawaharlal Nehru Tech Univ, Hyderabad, INDIA
WORK: Pharma Aide / Hospital Pharmacy (Dept. of Pharmacy) - Nov 2012 to Oct 2014 - 2 yrs - (famous) Hospital, Hyderabad, INDIA
EDUCATION: Pharm. D. - 2014 to 2017 (incl. Internship Jun 2016 to Jun 2017 at famous Hospital) - Jawaharlal Nehru Tech Univ, Hyderabad, INDIA
Gap: Marriage & one child
WORK: Assistant Professor (Dept of Pharm. D.) - Aug 2019 to Nov 2021 - 2 yrs - College of Pharmaceutical Education & Research
WORK: Prescription Auditor - Jun 2022 to Present - (famous) Hospital Pharmacy Pvt. Ltd

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
MAK

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi Rahul,

Below is my sister's timeline, if she wants to create an Express Entry profile, what type of evaluation would you suggest for her education, WES or PEBC? And/or the NOC code she should select?

EDUCATION: B. Pharmacy - 2008 to 2012 - Jawaharlal Nehru Tech Univ, Hyderabad, INDIA
WORK: Pharma Aide / Hospital Pharmacy (Dept. of Pharmacy) - Nov 2012 to Oct 2014 - 2 yrs - (famous) Hospital, Hyderabad, INDIA
EDUCATION: Pharm. D. - 2014 to 2017 (incl. Internship Jun 2016 to Jun 2017 at famous Hospital) - Jawaharlal Nehru Tech Univ, Hyderabad, INDIA
Gap: Marriage & one child
WORK: Assistant Professor (Dept of Pharm. D.) - Aug 2019 to Nov 2021 - 2 yrs - College of Pharmaceutical Education & Research
WORK: Prescription Auditor - Jun 2022 to Present - (famous) Hospital Pharmacy Pvt. Ltd

Your suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
MAK
What is PEBC? Is that an ECA?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
It's The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada, which kind of does ECA as well, but is more than that. Below website can give you more info.

https://pebc.ca/
Ok.
There are 2 types of assessment- one for immigration (WES, IQAS, ICAS) and others for professional as you mentioned. So even though you are engineer, doctor or teacher if you are going for immigration one has to get ECA from ones designated by IRCC such as WES and others. The professional assessment does not goes with immigration assessment. Hope this helps.