+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wes for Chartered Accountant(India)

Vraj Gupta

Mar 20, 2020
I had qualified as a Chartered Accountant(India) in May 2019 attempt and had applied for membership in November 2019(as I could complete all my GMCS etc trainings only by than) and now I am an active member of the institute.But I will receive my official CA membership certificate only in July-August 2020 Convocation, I have applied for WES now where CA membership Certificate is one of the document requirement for completion of evaluation. My query is whether WES would accept the member card that can be downloaded from SSP portal login in lieu of Certificate of membership or not?
I have also wrote to WES asking them the same but due to COVID 19 their office is closed so no revert can be expected from them in near future.

SwP

Apr 7, 2020
I had qualified as a Chartered Accountant(India) in May 2019 attempt and had applied for membership in November 2019(as I could complete all my GMCS etc trainings only by than) and now I am an active member of the institute.But I will receive my official CA membership certificate only in July-August 2020 Convocation, I have applied for WES now where CA membership Certificate is one of the document requirement for completion of evaluation. My query is whether WES would accept the member card that can be downloaded from SSP portal login in lieu of Certificate of membership or not?
I have also wrote to WES asking them the same but due to COVID 19 their office is closed so no revert can be expected from them in near future.
Hi vraj,

You can apply for a good standing certificate through the ICAI portal. Once issued, this certificate can then be shared with WES in place of the membership certificate. I did the same and have been assessed by WES.

Vraj Gupta

Mar 20, 2020
Hi vraj,

You can apply for a good standing certificate through the ICAI portal. Once issued, this certificate can then be shared with WES in place of the membership certificate. I did the same and have been assessed by WES.
Thank you so much for sharing the valuable information. Unfortunately, due to covid-19 both ICAI as well as WES have stopped in office operations temporarily. If I face any issue after the lockdown is lifted I'll post the same here seeking your help. Hope that's ok with you

SwP

Apr 7, 2020
Thank you so much for sharing the valuable information. Unfortunately, due to covid-19 both ICAI as well as WES have stopped in office operations temporarily. If I face any issue after the lockdown is lifted I'll post the same here seeking your help. Hope that's ok with you
Not a problem. Good luck!

Vraj Gupta

Mar 20, 2020
Not a problem. Good luck!
Hi.
Like you said that arranging for a good standing certificate from ICAI in place of a membership certificate would do.
1. So I want to ask whether I need to send original copy of good standing certificate Or a photocopy of the same would be enough?

2. Also in my case the transcript generation is under process in one of the department of ICAI and there is a separate department for generating good standing certificate. What do you suggest should I instruct the good standing department to forward the certificate to transcript department or should I tell them to send the good standing certificate separately to WES. What do you suggest based on what happened in your case?

SwP

Apr 7, 2020
Hi.
Like you said that arranging for a good standing certificate from ICAI in place of a membership certificate would do.
1. So I want to ask whether I need to send original copy of good standing certificate Or a photocopy of the same would be enough?

2. Also in my case the transcript generation is under process in one of the department of ICAI and there is a separate department for generating good standing certificate. What do you suggest should I instruct the good standing department to forward the certificate to transcript department or should I tell them to send the good standing certificate separately to WES. What do you suggest based on what happened in your case?
Hi vraj,
ICAI provides a soft as well a hard copy of the good standing certificate. The soft copy as expected arrives earlier so you may take a color print out of the same and share it with WES. This is what I had done.
I do not think that the good standing department of icai may take the onus to forward the certificate to the transcripts department but if you can manage to get that done it would save the additional courier charges.

Vraj Gupta

Mar 20, 2020
Hi vraj,
ICAI provides a soft as well a hard copy of the good standing certificate. The soft copy as expected arrives earlier so you may take a color print out of the same and share it with WES. This is what I had done.
I do not think that the good standing department of icai may take the onus to forward the certificate to the transcripts department but if you can manage to get that done it would save the additional courier charges.
Ok thanks alot

Vraj Gupta

Mar 20, 2020
Hi!
As per your advice I have sent transcripts along with Good Standing Certificate( in place of Certificate of membership), the same have been received by WES as well on 1st June 2020.
As an answer to my query(which was regarding the estimated time for the completion of evaluation in my case) yesterday WES wrote to me that your application has been put on hold as we have not received the documents related to membership certificate.
To which I told them that original membership certificate is not prepared by ICAI till date and there is no arrangement to prepare such a certificate on provisional basis. Instead I have arranged for a certificate of good standing that contains my membership number, date of enrolment as a member, my status as a member in good standing, which I think is enough to serve the purpose. To which no reply is received from their side.

I want to ask, whether this explanation is enough for them to accept this document in place of membership certificate?

Also, what was the year when this incident took place with you? Did you also had to send the documents through ICAI + concerned university or did you send them directly to WES on your own ?

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Hi vraj,

Hi, Do you have any idea about Canada CPA for indian CA's working in MNC here ?

SwP

Apr 7, 2020
Hi!
As per your advice I have sent transcripts along with Good Standing Certificate( in place of Certificate of membership), the same have been received by WES as well on 1st June 2020.
As an answer to my query(which was regarding the estimated time for the completion of evaluation in my case) yesterday WES wrote to me that your application has been put on hold as we have not received the documents related to membership certificate.
To which I told them that original membership certificate is not prepared by ICAI till date and there is no arrangement to prepare such a certificate on provisional basis. Instead I have arranged for a certificate of good standing that contains my membership number, date of enrolment as a member, my status as a member in good standing, which I think is enough to serve the purpose. To which no reply is received from their side.

I want to ask, whether this explanation is enough for them to accept this document in place of membership certificate?

Also, what was the year when this incident took place with you? Did you also had to send the documents through ICAI + concerned university or did you send them directly to WES on your own ?
Hi Vraj,
Really sorry, missed your query! I know it's late, but I'll answer it nevertheless.
I submitted my documents in the first quarter of 2020. The good standing certificate was submitted by me and the other documents were shared directly by ICAI.

Flycanada14

Oct 5, 2020
Hi!

Hi Vraj,

I have a similar query as I have recently received my membership and membership certificate will take time. Has WES accepted your good standing certificate instead of membership certificate?