+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation problem

Feb 12, 2019
Hi all,

I applied with WES for my wife. She has 3 years diploma in Nursing. After evaluating WES gave report only on her higher secondary school certificate, didnot give any equivalent credit for her diploma. They mentioned this diploma is not comparable to Canadian one. I am sure there are plenty if diploma nursing widely accepted in Canada. WES did not respond properly to my query about this report. There vague reply runs like this
"Nurse training programs that contain a large amount of clinical training in hospitals are

considered equivalent to hospital study and training. Undergraduate study in nursing, in

comparison, includes less clinical training and more theoretical study.

Only theoretical study is converted into credit in the course-by-course evaluation.

Clinical hours are listed separately in our reports."

Can anyone interpret what it is? Do we need to apply for re evaluation or change evaluation method?

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Moorthi,
I am facing the same situation. They gave no canadian equivalency ,3 years of hospital study
What did you do to evaluate the diploma ,please reply it will be of great help.

Hi all,

I applied with WES for my wife. She has 3 years diploma in Nursing. After evaluating WES gave report only on her higher secondary school certificate, didnot give any equivalent credit for her diploma. They mentioned this diploma is not comparable to Canadian one. I am sure there are plenty if diploma nursing widely accepted in Canada. WES did not respond properly to my query about this report. There vague reply runs like this
"Nurse training programs that contain a large amount of clinical training in hospitals are

considered equivalent to hospital study and training. Undergraduate study in nursing, in

comparison, includes less clinical training and more theoretical study.

Only theoretical study is converted into credit in the course-by-course evaluation.

Clinical hours are listed separately in our reports."

Can anyone interpret what it is? Do we need to apply for re evaluation or change evaluation method?