+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation of B-ED(Bachelor of Education)

sroy001

May 18, 2017
Hi All,

I work in American Express as a Ops Manager and my wife is a secondary school teacher. I'm planning to create my CIC profile for Immigration to Canada, however before I do that, I'm applying for WES evaluation in advance before creating our profile for our education documents as read in various forums to save time.

I'm planning to keep my wife as primary applicant, as CRS score comes to about 455. I have a few questions and will be glad if anyone experienced can help answer.

1) Will WES evaluate my wife's Bachelor of Education(B-ED) Degree from University of Delhi? It's a one year professional course in India. Additionally, she's done her Bachelor of Arts(English Literature) from University of Delhi. Can I select "Two or more post secondary credential..." option in education? If not, will it be counted as a professional degree? If I choose 3 year program(Only Graduate degree, then we get 423 points)
2)In WES profile, under Institution Type, do I need to choose University Education or Professional Education for B-ED?
3)Do I need to create my own WES profile separately for my document evaluation?
4)Do we need to put our 10+2 evaluation details as well or only Graduation and B-ED is required?

I'm doing everything on my own, after reading a lot of blogs to not waste money on Immigration agencies and considering Canada process seems very straight forward. I'll be glad if someone can list down things that I need to keep in mind while applying on our own.

Thanks,
Satyam

rashmiaro

Jan 16, 2017
Hi satyam,

Just to clear your thoughts , first try and use the free degree equivalency tool on wes canada site, it will give you an fair idea how your wife's degrees would be evaluated .But many times when you send in the actual transcripts & degree copies the results get varied,

1)& 2). You can create your EE profile only when you receive your ECA result not before that , and your eca result summary will mention the number of degrees that were recognised . and B.ed is not a Professional Education, it has to be selected as a University Education only.

3) Yes you have to create your profile separately and send the Transcripts & degrees in separate packages only, mentioning the Wes application numbers on top of both of them.

4) You dont need to get your 10+2 evaluated, just the Bachelors & B.ed would do.

Best of luck,

sroy001

May 18, 2017
Hi satyam,

Just to clear your thoughts , first try and use the free degree equivalency tool on wes canada site, it will give you an fair idea how your wife's degrees would be evaluated .But many times when you send in the actual transcripts & degree copies the results get varied,

1)& 2). You can create your EE profile only when you receive your ECA result not before that , and your eca result summary will mention the number of degrees that were recognised . and B.ed is not a Professional Education, it has to be selected as a University Education only.

3) Yes you have to create your profile separately and send the Transcripts & degrees in separate packages only, mentioning the Wes application numbers on top of both of them.

4) You dont need to get your 10+2 evaluated, just the Bachelors & B.ed would do.

Best of luck,
Thanks for the prompt response! I did use the free degree equivalency tool on WES and it recognized both B-ED(As a Canadian Bachelor of Education) and English(H) as equivalent degree. BTW, I did create two separate WES profile and paid the FEE. I need to start the process of getting the transcript from Delhi University now.

My question is, if WES so honor both Graduation and B-ED as valid degrees in the evaluation report, Can I use the "Two or more post secondary credential..." option in the highest qualification drop down while creating the EE profile of my wife(She will the primary applicant).

Again, thank you so much for taking time out to answer my question. After reading through multiple blogs, I think the process is quite clear and I've a small cheat sheet for myself, but still some minor clarifications needed which becomes important as I'm doing all this by myself :)

Cheers,
Satyam

Last edited:
Reactions: M.Alikhan

rashmiaro

Jan 16, 2017
You won't get the option of two or more degrees now, after the last changes you would have to just select the ECA report result (Bachelors of 3 years ) etc when you enter your wife's education degrees , and the system will automatically calculate and provide 119 CRS points in case of multiple degrees, for the primary candidate and 9 points for the secondary candidate.

And don't worry almost everyone is doing the process by themselves only,

Thanks to this great forum , we get to read the immense information.

sroy001

May 18, 2017
Hi Rashmi - Quick question. I will get the university transcript from Delhi University in a sealed envelope soon. Is that the only document that needs to be sent to WES or any other docs as well like degree photocopy and marksheets etc? If yes, should these be enclosed in the same envelope and attested by university as well?

rashmiaro

Jan 16, 2017
No, you need to send both the sealed envelope Transcript along with a Degree photocopy in a single envelope to the wes, no need of attestation of your degree photocopy. Just mention Wes Ref No on top of the transcript envelope and the degree photocopies as well as the envelope containing all the documents .

kohlirn89

Mar 1, 2017
Hey, I am in a similar situation as yours. Did you select just the Bachelors or did you select two professional degree, certificate or diplomas. As my points are also switching from 427 to 457 if i select the later.

Sabrina87

Dec 16, 2017
Hi there

I have a BA MA B.ed degree am I required to get all assessed by WES or just BA and MA shouldo do?

devgn

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi there

I have a BA MA B.ed degree am I required to get all assessed by WES or just BA and MA shouldo do?
Your must get all your documents WES, they will earn points while you file for EE
Send all transcripts mark sheets degrees etc front back..

sandeep138

Jan 1, 2018
Hi Rashmi - Quick question. I will get the university transcript from Delhi University in a sealed envelope soon. Is that the only document that needs to be sent to WES or any other docs as well like degree photocopy and marksheets etc? If yes, should these be enclosed in the same envelope and attested by university as well?
Satyam, cloud you please update with your findings? Myself and many other are in the same boat.

Sabrina87

Dec 16, 2017
Your must get all your documents WES, they will earn points while you file for EE
Send all transcripts mark sheets degrees etc front back..
Is B.ed really important to apply for Express Entry? What if I only apply with my BA and MA? It would count as 2 or more degrees/diplomas.

devgn

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Is B.ed really important to apply for Express Entry? What if I only apply with my BA and MA? It would count as 2 or more degrees/diplomas.
In my view you must be teaching somewhere... and your NOC will be 4021
If 4021 is your NOC then it requires a person to hold a degree in specific subject that he/she will teaching and it must also have a degree in teaching..

so your combination becomes BA in a -> Subject B.Ed-> in teaching, MA is added advantage, you will earn more points
do not try to save money.. yes it will be around CAD 750 and if you get Province Nomination you will need another CAD 150 for sending them degrees.

One girls in my EE batch got rejected.. due to lack of degree under 4021, Tho she was BCom MBA

further more 4021 requires you to teach at school or at some college.

Read here: http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=4021&ver=11&_ga=2.182130862.889539538.1515327425-153918243.1513500275

Sabrina87

Dec 16, 2017
In my view you must be teaching somewhere... and your NOC will be 4021
If 4021 is your NOC then it requires a person to hold a degree in specific subject that he/she will teaching and it must also have a degree in teaching..

so your combination becomes BA in a -> Subject B.Ed-> in teaching, MA is added advantage, you will earn more points
do not try to save money.. yes it will be around CAD 750 and if you get Province Nomination you will need another CAD 150 for sending them degrees.

One girls in my EE batch got rejected.. due to lack of degree under 4021, Tho she was BCom MBA

further more 4021 requires you to teach at school or at some college.

Read here: http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=4021&ver=11&_ga=2.182130862.889539538.1515327425-153918243.1513500275

It's for FSW not province nomination. It's not about money, it's about the time Indian Unis take to prepare the transcripts. My B.ed is from IGNOU, and it would really be difficult.

devgn

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
It's for FSW not province nomination. It's not about money, it's about the time Indian Unis take to prepare the transcripts. My B.ed is from IGNOU, and it would really be difficult.
I know PU... they require frequent visit to get a job done
same will be with IGNOU... in my view you must also apply for PNP.. it is costly and bold way for EE
and if you are married or having sponsorship then you can skip PNP
In case you need any help latter feel free to post me.. and yes do not use agents or consultants, do it yourself it easy..