+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation for master degree

jadudas

Jan 27, 2018
For a person with a bachelor and master degree, does she need to evaluate both from WES or only evaluation for the master degree will suffice? In that case, she just needs to send the master degree transcript to WES. Please let me know.

Zenith_Sahai

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27th August
You need to send both , Masters as well as Bachelor's degree certificate as well as transcripts.

Regards

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
For a person with a bachelor and master degree, does she need to evaluate both from WES or only evaluation for the master degree will suffice? In that case, she just needs to send the master degree transcript to WES. Please let me know.
Which country have you completed your education from?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Bachelors-India
Master-USA
You dont need to evaluate bachelors. Just masters evaluation will be enough. For those with both degrees from India, you need to evaluate both.

Jul 1, 2018
Hi all, I have a confusion regarding my work experience
I did my master of engineering from University which is for 3 years and also worked as Teaching Assistant during same period and i am still working in same university as Assistant Professor after my masters for 2 years , so my total work experience will me counted as 5 years ? or my experience during Masters will be considered as Part time ?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi all, I have a confusion regarding my work experience
I did my master of engineering from University which is for 3 years and also worked as Teaching Assistant during same period and i am still working in same university as Assistant Professor after my masters for 2 years , so my total work experience will me counted as 5 years ? or my experience during Masters will be considered as Part time ?

Which country was this in? In Canada or outside?

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
It would be dependent upon interpretations. Work while studying is usually not considered as work in Canada. I would also suggest you to do WES for both your UG and PG, it as such reduces any future problems. After all, WES is valid for 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharan083

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
It would be dependent upon interpretations. Work while studying is usually not considered as work in Canada. I would also suggest that doing WES for both your UG and PG, it as such reduces any future problems. After all, WES is valid for 5 years.

In Canada it would be illegal to work full time on a study visa. Hense one can't possibly claim points for work experience while studying. Laws are different in other countries. In india you can claim points for work experience gained while studying. And it's mandatory to get both bachelor's and master's evaluated for PR application if you've studied in India.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Thankyou for your response ,
My master will be counted as full time ? as i am claiming for 3 years regular study will 3 years full time experience.

Yes, master's will be counted as per wes evaluation. Work experience won't have any impact on it.

sahilk89

Nov 19, 2018
You dont need to evaluate bachelors. Just masters evaluation will be enough. For those with both degrees from India, you need to evaluate both.
if you have 1 year master in Canada, and 4 year bachelor in India, do you need ECA evaluation for the PR process.Please advise

Cchet

Jul 28, 2019
Hello
I am in the same situation.
I was wondering what did you do.
Did you evaluate both masters and bachelors or just went ahead with the master's degree evaluation