+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluated MBA as bachelors degree!!!

Aug 7, 2018
Dear All!
I have been reading the comments posted here on this website. Just wanted to share my horror experience with WES. My documents/transcripts were received by WES on 7th June 2018. I don't exactly remember the dates in between but the evaluation was completed by WES on 6th Sept 2018!!! Though WES claims to have a turnaround time of 20-24 days, believe me, it's a sham! I may have been one of those unfortunate ones and my case may not apply to others. I had submitted transcripts for both UG and MBA. UG transcripts were accepted immediately for evaluation whereas MBA transcripts were put on hold pending further re-verification. Despite the university having sent two emails to verify the transcripts already in possession of WES, WES refused to acknowledge having received the emails. It was only after transcripts being sent by the university for the second time did WES accept the documents for evaluation. Whatever the process or the system WES follows, it really tests the patience of the applicant. What makes the waiting game worse is their pathetic customer service which can be best described as amateurish. The customer reps are extremely rude and can be best described as uncouth individuals of the highest order. Whether you speak to them over the phone or communicate via email, they divulge no information at all and even if they do, it's of absolutely no use.
When I finally got the ETA, I had thought the worst was over....boy was I wrong!!! My Masters (MBA in marketing and finance from Amity University, Rajasthan) has been evaluated by WES as equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's degree of 4 years!!! I checked online and found many unfortunate and tormented souls like me, who have had the same experience.
Thanks to their ultra-secretive, time-consuming and inaccurate processing, I have lost out on precious points which could have comfortably placed me in a position to get an ITA. I somehow feel hoodwinked by the entire process and feel compelled to blame WES more than my university.
So a word of advice for all those who are going to apply for WES: you need to have either luck or huge amounts of patience. Most important of all, pray hard that the almighty WES evaluates and accepts your MBA from India as equal to Canadian masters.
Feel free to comment. suggestions on how to overcome this scenario are most welcome!
Best of luck to all!

pritamjena

Jul 12, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear All!
I have been reading the comments posted here on this website. Just wanted to share my horror experience with WES. My documents/transcripts were received by WES on 7th June 2018. I don't exactly remember the dates in between but the evaluation was completed by WES on 6th Sept 2018!!! Though WES claims to have a turnaround time of 20-24 days, believe me, it's a sham! I may have been one of those unfortunate ones and my case may not apply to others. I had submitted transcripts for both UG and MBA. UG transcripts were accepted immediately for evaluation whereas MBA transcripts were put on hold pending further re-verification. Despite the university having sent two emails to verify the transcripts already in possession of WES, WES refused to acknowledge having received the emails. It was only after transcripts being sent by the university for the second time did WES accept the documents for evaluation. Whatever the process or the system WES follows, it really tests the patience of the applicant. What makes the waiting game worse is their pathetic customer service which can be best described as amateurish. The customer reps are extremely rude and can be best described as uncouth individuals of the highest order. Whether you speak to them over the phone or communicate via email, they divulge no information at all and even if they do, it's of absolutely no use.
When I finally got the ETA, I had thought the worst was over....boy was I wrong!!! My Masters (MBA in marketing and finance from Amity University, Rajasthan) has been evaluated by WES as equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's degree of 4 years!!! I checked online and found many unfortunate and tormented souls like me, who have had the same experience.
Thanks to their ultra-secretive, time-consuming and inaccurate processing, I have lost out on precious points which could have comfortably placed me in a position to get an ITA. I somehow feel hoodwinked by the entire process and feel compelled to blame WES more than my university.
So a word of advice for all those who are going to apply for WES: you need to have either luck or huge amounts of patience. Most important of all, pray hard that the almighty WES evaluates and accepts your MBA from India as equal to Canadian masters.
Feel free to comment. suggestions on how to overcome this scenario are most welcome!
Best of luck to all!
What was your UG evaluated as? Can you share the report hiding out the necessary details.

nathpuneet

Dec 8, 2019
Do anyone know or experience of getting WES evaluation from AMITY UNIVERSITY NOIDA 2 year FT MBA . What WES education equivalency came out? is there any difference in outcome of equivalency if i get it done from WES or IQAS or ICES

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Do anyone know or experience of getting WES evaluation from AMITY UNIVERSITY NOIDA 2 year FT MBA . What WES education equivalency came out? is there any difference in outcome of equivalency if i get it done from WES or IQAS or ICES
send it to CES

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
CES is more user friendly, responsive and there are several cases where WES did not recognise or gave wrong evaluation but it was corrected and accepted by CES.

citizen_krane

Jul 24, 2018
Bachelor's degrees in Canada normally require three or four years of full-time study, depending on the province or whether the program is general or specialized. Canadian/US education is ideally 16 years for Bachelors degree and from that perspective Indian degrees as 10+2+3+M.COM, MA, MBA et all are considered as 4 years masters after high school. Anybody with an Engg Degree+ MBA will be considered as masters degree holder as they have 17 years of education. I know this because I have Bcom+Mcom(WES 3 and 4 years bachelors) and an MBA Degree from the UK (WES evaluated Masters degree).

PS: I am a successful PR applicant