+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Education Assessment for Diploma and Degree

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
My friend -
1. there is no option to select two or more when filling out express entry profile.
2. You need to add each credential and select appropriate level of education. For diploma that says secondary, you need to select Secondary.
3. After that, you need to add bachelor as another credential and select level of education as University/whatever.

You will then get points for a single bachelor - system automatically calculates based on the credentials you list. Now, if you list your first credential as post-secondary, it will get counted as two or more but when the time comes for review by IRCC, they are going to reject your application. Want to know the reason? Its because your friggin report says the level of you credential is secondary!!
Do not give wrong information..

1 He needs to select "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" for Diploma.
2. After than, He needs to select " Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

Then If he is not married, He will be given 128 points. If He is married, Then he will be given 119 points.

Last edited:

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Do not give wrong information..

1 He needs to select "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute" for Diploma.
2. After than, He needs to select " Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

Then If he is not married, He will be 128 points. If He is married, Then he will be 119 points.
The mere fact that you dont know there no such thing as 'selecting' two or more degrees illustrates you know nothing about the process.

Go, read here -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6996995

What is the difficulty in understanding that the credential needs to be a post-secondary one?

Nevermind - go ahead and apply to find out because I dont think you understand.

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
Not only you are spectacularly failing at comprehending what's written, you also seem to have now started calling out on people who are merely pointing out facts. Do us all a favor and read what's written on the CIC website & stop posting -

https://imgur.com/a/8j3PIye
If you send your documents to IQAS. It will give a Post secondary diploma credential for 3 years indian diploma. If you have leteral entry in B.Tech. Then It will give a four years bachelor. Less points will be given to a post secondary diploma then Diploma(2years).

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
The mere fact that you dont know there no such thing as 'selecting' two or more degrees illustrates you know nothing about the process.

Go, read here -
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6996995

What is the difficulty in understanding that the credential needs to be a post-secondary one?

If you sent the indian 3 years diploma and leteral entry 3 years bachelors to IQAS. It will give a credential report as post secondary diploma and 4 years bachelors. Wes gives a credential as Diploma 2 years and 4 years bachelors. In fact. For Diploma 2 years will be given 98 crs points. For a post secondary diploma will be given 90 crs points.

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018

Go, read here -

Do not trust this link. It is wrong. The link only says post secondary.

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Seems like you guys having confusion regarding the points you would be entitled. To assure you all I am sharing my post from another thread-

You will receive points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years". Both of your credentials must be from "Recognized Institution". Please check your report.

To understand the whole "two or more degree' equivalency please refer to this post by @Maverick28

To check your credential's Level of Education, please go to this site-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Now for your specific query I am going to demonstrate how enter your credential correctly in EE profile-

For "Come to Canada Tool" please select level of education as "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years"

Now, I am showing you how to enter details of your credentials in Express Entry Profile. After you enter both credentials and submit the profile, system will count your points automatically and award you points for "two or more degree'.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Diploma-

Name of the credential: name of the diploma
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: diploma start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: diploma end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: calculate duration (should be 2 year)
Level of education: 2 years program...
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA? answer YES
which organization: I guess WES
reference number: WES ref no (it ends with 'IMM')
ECA report Date: Eca completion date (check report)
Level of Education as per the ECA: 2 years program

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page, you can add your bachelors after.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Bachelors-

Name of the credential: name of the bachelors
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: degree start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: degree end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: 3 years (normal degree duration)
Level of education: Bachelors OR three or more years program
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA? answer YES
which organization: I guess WES
reference number: WES ref no (it ends with 'IMM')
ECA report Date: Eca completion date (check report)
Level of Education as per the ECA: Bachelors OR three or more years program

Hope it helps. Good Luck!
Mate, the information in the link to minstriel instructions and what you are saying is contradictory. You can not select level of education as two year post secondary diploma. The level of education needs to be equivalent of a Secondary credential.

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
Mate, the information in the link to minstriel instructions and what you are saying is contradictory. You can not select level of education as two year post secondary diploma. The level of education needs to be equivalent of a Secondary credential.
According to that link, If You have done 3 years Indian diploma. when you have your education evaluated by wes. It will give a credential report as Diploma 2 years. What will you select for this report? Even there is no option to the bachelors also. It only says post-secondary.

Last edited:

aakshaypeb

Mar 29, 2018
According to that link, If You have done 3 years Indian diploma. when you have your education evaluated by wes. It will give a credential report as Diploma 2 years. What will you select for this report? Even there is no option to the bachelors also. It only says post-secondary.
Hi Karuna,

You are right.. individual equivalency of msbte diploma is two or more years of education and not secondary school education... Thus, that person get's eligible for two or more degrees if he has secured his bachelor's degree.

And while one start to apply for EE, There are series of questions which are asked, and one particular is about education - just highligthing, it really doesn't matter what you select in that field, i.e. bachelor's or two or more anything... However your information in actual dashboard of ee where you select proper individual equivalency matter most *just select two years education for diploma and bachelor's for your degree and you are done*

Omer Terino

Jul 17, 2018
Hi, I am quite confused after going through this discussion. I would seek guidance as I got my WES evaluation which says:
“Diloma (2 years) & bachelor’s degree (three years)”
My education:

2 years secondary education (canadian equivalency: Secondary School Diploma)
2 years bachelors in commerce (canadian equivalence: Diploma-2 years, recognized institution)
2 years MBA: Bachrelor’s Degree - 3 years, recognized institution
I have entered first one as secondary school diploma, 2 years bachelor as diploma 2 years and MBA as bachelor’s degree 3 years.
Would be kind of you guys if you can please guide, thanks.

eng.mubeen

Mar 28, 2019
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-eca-for-diploma-engineering-graduates.391526/page-14#post-7067746
I got my ECA evaluated today and got below outcome. can someone please help me asses my options, am i elegible for two or more degrees ??

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: ***
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Computer Engineering
Year: 2011
Awarded By: Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education
Major/Specialization: Computer Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Name on Credential: ***
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2013
Awarded By: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)
in this case Diploma consider
secondary school diploma + 2 year diploma right???

kart_84

Apr 5, 2019
Hi All,

I have completed Diploma in Computer Engineering from M.S.B.T.E which is 3 years of course in india and after that i have secured Bachelor of Science - IT (got later entry directly to second year because of my diploma) from Mumbai University.

So my question is, how is WES going to evaluate my score, am i elegible for 2 of more certificate, degrees or diploma. Please help!
I have the same situation like you. Do you have any update? Did you qualify "two or more certificate" on EE application and what is your current status?

Tdhammi

Apr 7, 2019
I have done my 12th in non medical, then did a diploma of 4 year. What will be my Wes equivalency?

Ahmad KH

Jul 17, 2019
Hi all,
I have done deploma for two years. Then attended bachelor degree but I entry directly to the 3rd year because of the deploma which means I have done only two years in the bachelor. My question is, how wes will assess my education in this case? Thanks in advance

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
Hi all,
I have done deploma for two years. Then attended bachelor degree but I entry directly to the 3rd year because of the deploma which means I have done only two years in the bachelor. My question is, how wes will assess my education in this case? Thanks in advance
WES evaluates your diploma and lateral entry b.tech as Diploma(Two years) and Bachelors degree(4years) which are equal to two or more degree in express entry. Someone got his PR visa with the same education.

sujaiganesh

Oct 2, 2019
WES evaluates your diploma and lateral entry b.tech as Diploma(Two years) and Bachelors degree(4years) which are equal to two or more degree in express entry. Someone got his PR visa with the same education.

Hi, I have done 10 + 3 years Diploma + Engineering Degree ( AMIE ) ,
1) How WES will access my education ?.
2) Also to send the documents for WES evaluation , is I need to ask to send the Sealed envelop from my (Engineering ) University and (Diploma) Institute directly to WES ?
3) What about the WES fees ? CAD 220 or twice ?

Kindly advice .