+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Verification VTU fee

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
i know Univ has to send but i am confused about which certificates i request them to send (Like CONSOLIDATED PROVISIONAL CONVOCATION or SEMESTER CERTIFICATES)
Check this: https://www.wes.org/required-documents/

This is an official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study and must include your university student identification number.
College-issued mark sheets/result cards are not accepted unless from an autonomous college. To check if your college has autonomous status click here.

They clearly says a document that lists all the marks. Which color do you think has that?

Deepaj

Jan 22, 2019
I am on the same boat. You have ay idea what is to be done?
Have sent an email to the VTU registrar and waiting for the revert.
Hi, I just got an update from wes saying that my ECA is being evaluated & will be done by 11th April. You need to follow the following steps if you did your Bachelor's or masters from vtu & if WES has asked vtu to verify the transcripts & degree certificate :
1. Once you send the transcripts & degree to wes,, they contact vtu to verify them & mail you also regarding the same.
2. You have to now go to vtu online fee payment website. There you'll see "Verification of Genuineness of Documents issued by the University" & fee for this is 500 rs. You need to pay this fee online itself(link to pay is in the website itself).
3. Once you have finished the payment, keep contacting vtu if they received a email /letter from wes. This takes around a month or so since vtu doesn't accept email requests. So keep calling them every week & ask if they received the request from wes. Once they say they received it, then they'll ask you to send the receipt of the payment you made in step 2. You need to take the print of the receipt of this payment & write a letter with your details on it asking them to verify & that you have paid the fee. You need to mail this to them (not email, they won't accept email as they need hard copy).
4. By now you'll be thinking "why the f**K did i do a Bachelor's from vtu"... Once they receive your payment receipt & letter, they'll reply to wes. This is when things get good & surprising. Vtu will not send a letter back to wes, but they'll reply by email,, which is basically instant & you don't have to worry about the time it takes for the letter to reach wes by post.
5. Once vtu verifies your documents by email, wes will update your application within a few days & you'll be as happy as I am right now.

I know this whole process is tiring from vtu's side, but the satisfaction you get once its done is worth it.
Hope this helps everyone.
FYI I first created an wes application in December & finished sending all the files to wes in December itself (including vtu docs) . So it basically took 5 months for me to get my eca.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
Hi, I just got an update from wes saying that my ECA is being evaluated & will be done by 11th April. You need to follow the following steps if you did your Bachelor's or masters from vtu & if WES has asked vtu to verify the transcripts & degree certificate :
1. Once you send the transcripts & degree to wes,, they contact vtu to verify them & mail you also regarding the same.
2. You have to now go to vtu online fee payment website. There you'll see "Verification of Genuineness of Documents issued by the University" & fee for this is 500 rs. You need to pay this fee online itself(link to pay is in the website itself).
3. Once you have finished the payment, keep contacting vtu if they received a email /letter from wes. This takes around a month or so since vtu doesn't accept email requests. So keep calling them every week & ask if they received the request from wes. Once they say they received it, then they'll ask you to send the receipt of the payment you made in step 2. You need to take the print of the receipt of this payment & write a letter with your details on it asking them to verify & that you have paid the fee. You need to mail this to them (not email, they won't accept email as they need hard copy).
4. By now you'll be thinking "why the f**K did i do a Bachelor's from vtu"... Once they receive your payment receipt & letter, they'll reply to wes. This is when things get good & surprising. Vtu will not send a letter back to wes, but they'll reply by email,, which is basically instant & you don't have to worry about the time it takes for the letter to reach wes by post.
5. Once vtu verifies your documents by email, wes will update your application within a few days & you'll be as happy as I am right now.

I know this whole process is tiring from vtu's side, but the satisfaction you get once its done is worth it.
FYI I first created an wes application in December & finished sending all the files to wes in December itself (including vtu docs) . So it basically took 5 months for me to get my eca.
Thanks for sharing.

I got a questions, when did WES send your documents to VTU for verification?

Mine was sent on 21st, Feb and I called VTU last week, no sign of the documents.

STAG

May 27, 2019

I am trying to reach VTU on the numbers shared in their website and no one picks my call. Could you please share their contact number?

Tanya Chopra

Oct 6, 2020
Hi ,

I got an email from CES (University of Toronto , where i have applied for ECA), that they have requested for verification of documents from VTU?

I confirmed with VTU and they will send hardcopy of documents via post to CES for verification after i have paid fees for verification of genuineness of documents online and sent them a letter in post. ( They are not sending verification via email , dont know why :( )

Can anyone please help me understand the process for verification from VTU?
Also, will CES accept the hard copies currently (as they are working from home)?

With great difficulty , my university had sent documents via email and now they require verification. Please help.

Last edited: