+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA validity and renewal

Ruhan

May 5, 2016
Q1. Do i need to select send "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada(IRCC)" option while selecting the Recipient?
Q2. If i do not select this option ; will i need to request for duplicate again later ?

:) Thanks in advance for the help.

dkv1986

Aug 30, 2019
Q1. Do i need to select send "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada(IRCC)" option while selecting the Recipient?
Q2. If i do not select this option ; will i need to request for duplicate again later ?

:) Thanks in advance for the help.
Yes, you MUST choose IRCC as recipient if you are renewing your ECA. As per the discussions in this thread, WES won't send electronic copy by default for renewed ECA unless you opt for that option by paying necessary fee. I hope this answers your query.

Reactions: Miracle2018

nick_kd07

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Why do we need to send electronic copy to IRCC for expired ECA?

I come across the page of IRCC and they says:
"Don’t ask the designated organization or the professional body to send us your report. "
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/submit-report.html

My original ECA was done in 2014. Its expired in 2019 and I ordered duplicate copy, The reference number doesnt start with IMM rather it looks like
6578654/me

So I am confused whether its correct or not?

Maria04

Oct 4, 2021
Alright! Time for me to chime in as well

I requested a duplicate (original done in dec 2014) yesterday night and today I got my PDF. Also I had requested both "Send ECA to me" and "eDelivery to IRCC" as seen in my account details:

Here is my WES account screen cap:

@guydecent Did you also selected eDelivery to IRCC during your first attempt, the one which failed?

Here is my ECA PDF screen cap

As you can see, that the date in the letter header is changed to 17th March 2020. I have removed some personal details from both the picture. Can folks, especially who faced difficulty before cross check against the documents they submitted earlier?

@vdguiselini Did you "deliver to IRCC" show like mine?

@SGBruce Compare mine against what you got, is there a major change? like Date field?
Hello! Does anyone knows if the duplicate report works for the IRCC or should I create a new account with another email and pay everything from zero?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello! Does anyone knows if the duplicate report works for the IRCC or should I create a new account with another email and pay everything from zero?
I have applied for a duplicate report and then I have sent an application using that one. I am still waiting for my final result as I only submitted 1 week back.

Maria04

Oct 4, 2021
I have applied for a duplicate report and then I have sent an application using that one. I am still waiting for my final result as I only submitted 1 week back.
Thank you for your response! I hope everything goes well for you! I´m still in the pool but I sumbitted my EE profile with the duplicate report!

dexter87

Mar 14, 2016
Hi
I read thru a lot of posts in this forum about ordering a duplicate report from WES, by adding IRCC as a recipient.
Just wanted to confirm with people who have already done this, they have not faced any questions from IRCC, if they got an ITA?

Thx

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi
I read thru a lot of posts in this forum about ordering a duplicate report from WES, by adding IRCC as a recipient.
Just wanted to confirm with people who have already done this, they have not faced any questions from IRCC, if they got an ITA?

Thx
My application is still in process so I cannot say everything worked out totally fine. That being said, I was able to get ITA and also my GCMS notes say that they were able to verify my ECA from WES using their own internal systems. The agents on the phone also say my Eligibility has passed. Rest is all in God's hands.

Reactions: newuser86

Shadow09

Jul 16, 2021
My application is still in process so I cannot say everything worked out totally fine. That being said, I was able to get ITA and also my GCMS notes say that they were able to verify my ECA from WES using their own internal systems. The agents on the phone also say my Eligibility has passed. Rest is all in God's hands.
@GandiBaat - So the duplicate WES ECA can be used to extend validity? Could you confirm?

Dec 4, 2015
while placing an order for duplicate ECA report can we just select e-copy to "IRCC" ($30) or do we need to order a copy ($30+ courier) for our own records as well ? i think they by default provide the soft copy to the requestor at no cost.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
Hi @GandiBaat
Can you please provide an update if your application was approved since?

Please and thanks!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Reactions: newuser86

rohan.more

Dec 18, 2017
yes, it was approved.
I had requested for duplicate ECA report to be sent electronically to IRCC. WES has sent the report and I received the duplicate report with updated issue date.
Do I need to update the Issue date of ECA report in my Express Entry profile to the new date on the duplicate report?