+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Timeline 2020

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
My time-line with WES:
8 June - docs delivered by DHL, signed Z.Maple
22 July - I called to WES because according to their official estimation all docs recieved by 20 June will be rocessed bt 22d of July. The representative agreed that the docs should have beed processed and asked to wait for another day.
23 July - I called to WES and they told me that a note appeared in my aacount, stating that the docs recieved on 22d of July (where had they been since 8th of June?) and I just need to wait a couple of days until they scan them (even tho my scans already uploaded by me)
27 July - I called them. "Don't worry sir, you will recieve un update the next day"
29 July - I called them. "Don't worry sir, you will recieve un apdate tommowor the latest"
30 July - I called them. "Don't worry sir, the documents are here, just need to scan them". I demanded escalation.
31 July - I called them and demanded to speak with a superviser. I spoke with a superviser Mike and he confirmed the ecalation and promosed that I would recieve an update on Monday morning
3 Aug - I called them. They put me on hold to speak with superviser. They confirmed that my documents will be acknowledged by today afternoon
Today afternoon - status of application ON HOLD.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
My time-line with WES:
22 July - I called to WES because according to their official estimation all docs recieved by 20 June will be rocessed bt 22d of July. The representative agreed that the docs should have beed processed and asked to wait for another day.
23 July - I called to WES and they told me that a note appeared in my aacount, stating that the docs recieved on 22d of July (where had they been since 8th of June?) and I just need to wait a couple of days until they scan them (even tho my scans already uploaded by me)
27 July - I called them. "Don't worry sir, you will recieve un update the next day"
29 July - I called them. "Don't worry sir, you will recieve un apdate tommowor the latest"
30 July - I called them. "Don't worry sir, the documents are here, just need to scan them". I demanded escalation.
31 July - I called them and demanded to speak with a superviser. I spoke with a superviser Mike and he confirmed the ecalation and promosed that I would recieve an update on Monday morning
3 Aug - I called them. They put me on hold to speak with superviser. They confirmed that my documents will be acknowledged by today afternoon

Man this is insane. Your docs got delivered on 8th of June and your account is still ON HOLD. This is beyond saddening. I guess there is no hope yet for people like me who's documents got delivered on 20th of July. Pure and utter insanity.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
So I called them right now and I think I might be in the same situation as @Igor_K . So the agent told me that my documents are uploaded in the system but it will take a couple of WEEKS for it to see through my end on my account. This is beyond weird. If they have uploaded it in their system, shouldn't I be able to see it in my account either? Why should I wait for a few weeks? Also it's pretty contradictory to what they said on their notification page. If they said that documents received by 20th July will be processed by 31 July, that should mean that we'd be able to see it on our accounts as well. I don't even know what to say now.

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
So I called them right now and I think I might be in the same situation as @Igor_K . So the agent told me that my documents are uploaded in the system but it will take a couple of WEEKS for it to see through my end on my account. This is beyond weird. If they have uploaded it in their system, shouldn't I be able to see it in my account either? Why should I wait for a few weeks? Also it's pretty contradictory to what they said on their notification page. If they said that documents received by 20th July will be processed by 31 July, that should mean that we'd be able to see it on our accounts as well. I don't even know what to say now.
From my experience, different customer care representatives give different answers. Overall, I called them more than I stated in my post above and most of the time a lazy person picked up who gave lazy answers, line it is COVID time, man, give us some time. In this case I usually called again right away. As soon as I get a hold of proactive representative, they usually dig dipper into account and try to figure out something or to escatate. I am mot defending WES, I am not at all satisfied with their service but I simply suggest you to call again and explain them that
a) your documents delivered and you have a tracking to confirm it
b) they gave an estimation on their website and have to adhere to it
c) you paid us much as everyone else and request the aproriate service for your money
After that, they usually give you some hope that lets you sleep more or less peacefuly another night.
I am sorry for everyone whose institution do not provide digitals and you have to send the paper docs for evaluation because WES does not take our application seriously.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
From my experience, different customer care representatives give different answers. Overall, I called them more than I stated in my post above and most of the time a lazy person picked up who gave lazy answers, line it is COVID time, man, give us some time. In this case I usually called again right away. As soon as I get a hold of proactive representative, they usually dig dipper into account and try to figure out something or to escatate. I am mot defending WES, I am not at all satisfied with their service but I simply suggest you to call again and explain them that
a) your documents delivered and you have a tracking to confirm it
b) they gave an estimation on their website and have to adhere to it
c) you paid us much as everyone else and request the aproriate service for your money
After that, they usually give you some hope that lets you sleep more or less peacefuly another night.
I am sorry for everyone whose institution do not provide digitals and you have to send the paper docs for evaluation because WES does not take our application seriously.
I actually took your advice and called the French line since the English one was completely down (I speak some French). The lady there told me that they are not yet processing the documents received on 20th. So I have to wait for a couple of more weeks. The agents in the US are confusing to say the least. Glad I was able to call them in French to at least get some clarity.

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
I actually took your advice and called the French line since the English one was completely down (I speak some French). The lady there told me that they are not yet processing the documents received on 20th. So I have to wait for a couple of more weeks. The agents in the US are confusing to say the least. Glad I was able to call them in French to at least get some clarity.
Could you please share the French number? The tonal dial does not give such an option

Lulu69

Jul 14, 2020

Pls wait till Friday or Monday. They just started opening parcels on Monday yesterday

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
So I caaled them again today too and asked to speak with that superviser again. He praclically addmitted that he lied and they cannot do anything. What is more he told me that from 8th of June to 22d of July the documents were held by their courier by their request, so when DHL or whatnot delivers to WES, it does not mean at all that they recieved. This is a disaster.

Lulu69

Jul 14, 2020
My time-line with WES:
This is scary...

Mandeepchadha85

Star Member
Apr 15, 2020
Guys hope this gives hope to a few here :
  • Degrees to be evaluated - Indian B Tech (4 years), Indian MBA (2 years)
  • Applied for transcripts in Feb
  • MBA transcripts got delivered in March by post.
  • Bachelors process got stuck because of Corona.
  • Bachelors transcripts got delivered on 13th July.
  • According to their notice, all couriers delivered by 20 July were to be processed by 31 July.
  • Status remained on hold till 30 July, which got me worried.
  • Wrote emails to WES and tweeted on 30th asking for clarity.
  • Status changed to 'Evaluation in progress' on 31.
  • Estimated date of completion was given to be 28 Aug.
  • SURPRISE - Got my report today, on 8 Aug.
Points to be noted:
  • Their actual processes are faster than their customer support and tracking systems.
  • May be putting pressure on WES helps.
  • People having indian MBA degrees (Non IIT IIM) will get 1 year PG diploma in their report, and not Masters.
All the best to everyone here! Keep your spirits high!

Reactions: Lulu69

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
So I caaled them again today too and asked to speak with that superviser again. He praclically addmitted that he lied and they cannot do anything. What is more he told me that from 8th of June to 22d of July the documents were held by their courier by their request, so when DHL or whatnot delivers to WES, it does not mean at all that they recieved. This is a disaster.
Wait, I don't understand? Does that mean that they did not get your documents yet? Or is it sitting in their mailing facility waiting to be processed? So what has the supervisor advised you to do now? Will they process your documents after all?

Lulu69

Jul 14, 2020
How do you know this if you don't mind me asking?
I have been calling them. Spoke to their supervisor as well. You submitted on the 20th like my wife. Everything will be done before the end of August and you will have your ECA. I completed my evaluation with 2 weeks. Not electronic. WES is trying but can be frustrating sometimes