+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA report name issue

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
Hello

My passport includes my full name (5 names A B C D E) without specifying first and last names. As per EE application my full name is filled in the place of surname and the given name is left empty.

Now, my name on the educational certificates is the same as passport ( A B C D E), but in WES report it's only written as (A E) i.e first and last name only. The full name is mentioned in the credential analysis ( name on credential)

Will this make a problem in my application?

Please help

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
No. If you want, you can just explain this in your LoE.

s87788338

Sep 6, 2020
I had similar problem. I wrote LOE explaining the problem and provided few documents with one name and few other documents with other name as proof

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
So I don't need to contact WES to change the name or provide affidavit with LOE?
I don't think you need to, but wait for other people to respond. I'm just basing this on the WES report that my spouse got. His "name on credential" included his parents' first names for some reason—inserted in between his own first and last names—whereas his passport only mentions his first and last name, there are no parent names inside his own name in the passport. So I just wrote an explanation.

You can write an explanation saying something like this: "Please note that the WES report displays my full name ABCDE (same as my name in passport) only in the Credential Analysis section—this is correct. However, in issuing the report to me, they have addressed me as AE, likely for the sake of brevity. I do not believe this requires any amendment as such, but please feel free to let me know if you need any further clarifications in this regard."

Remember to upload a copy of the WES report even though the APR does not ask for it.

Applicante23

Mar 10, 2020
I don't think you need to, but wait for other people to respond. I'm just basing this on the WES report that my spouse got. His "name on credential" included his parents' first names for some reason—inserted in between his own first and last names—whereas his passport only mentions his first and last name, there are no parent names inside his own name in the passport. So I just wrote an explanation.

You can write an explanation saying something like this: "Please note that the WES report displays my full name ABCDE (same as my name in passport) only in the Credential Analysis section—this is correct. However, in issuing the report to me, they have addressed me as AE, likely for the sake of brevity. I do not believe this requires any amendment as such, but please feel free to let me know if you need any further clarifications in this regard."

Remember to upload a copy of the WES report even though the APR does not ask for it.
Thanks...hope it will work

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
hey guys need help on my WES report my name is mentioned as Singh, Veejay ( reason because when I was filling my WES form they asked us to put first and last name or they wouldn't let us go further) there is no note on my WES report if there's a difference in my name but on my passport it's only my given name Veejay Singh. is it going to be a problem? what should I do as I am in the middle of my post ITA process . thanks