+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - ECA process - B.E. Computer Engineering - Mumbai University

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hello guys,

I did my Computer Engineering from the K.J. Somaiya COE, Vidyavihar which is affiliated to the Mumbai University having passed the same in the year 2010. I did the same after HSC (maharshtra board) and NOT diploma.

I am planning to apply to to WES for ECA and I went thorough a lot of threads here on the forum but I am still confused as to what exactly do I need to submit and how.

Requesting you all experts to kindly guide on:
1. Which docs are exactly needed to be submitted?
2. Where to get these from?
3. Where to get them attested/notarized from and also is there a difference between "notarized" and "attested" in this context?
4. How to send each of them, as in should the institute send them directly to WES or we need to get them from the institute and then submit them ourselves or a mix of both ?

Requesting you all experts to please lend guidance on the same as I am really quite anxious on what exactly is to be done.
Additionally, it would be great if someone, who has successfully done got his/her ECA with a similar profile, could PM me his/her contact details for knowing the process better.

Looking forward to your replies and thanks in advance!!

ck10

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 19-02-2015
AOR Received.
WVO on 25-03-2015: SLU 27-04-2015
File Transfer...
AOR from WVO on 25th March 2015 SLU 27th April 2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016 TLU on 17-09-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-02-2017
You have to visit student welfare section of mumbai university at churchgate with all your original marksheets and xerox copies of marksheet.
Bring your own envelope with wes address written on top of it. You have to pay fees for attestation.

They will call you back after 15 days to collected attested documents. You just need to courier this envelope to WES.

CK10

Reactions: kkhifly

mapleDream2014

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Thanks Ck10 for the reply.. Just had a couple of more doubts:

1. Are "marksheets+degree certificate" to be attested or are "transcripts(that we get from the college)" to be attested and sent in the envelope?
2. Are we supposed to get HSC and SSC documents attested from the maharashtra board and send it across in some other envelope? If yes where do we do the attestion of these, i mean where is the center and the authority located?
3. The website of WES also says that an "Academic transcript request form" is also to be attached along. Do we need this form even though we are sending the envelope on our own and the university isn't sending it directly? If yes, then do we seal this form along with the envelope of transcript and/or marksheets and HSC/SSC (if they are required too)?
4. Finally, what size of the envelope is required? As per my assumption, A4 would be required as an outer envelope in which we would be placing smaller university sealed envelopes. Please correct my understanding if its improper in any sense.

Thanks in advance for your help..!! This will in turn help a lot of others like me.