+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA of secondary applicant is mandatory?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

One of my friend has cleared his IELTS. He is the secondary applicant. His wife being the first. His wife's ECA has been accorded equivalent to "Two or more post secondary....". Also his wife has cleared TEF and IELTS exams. My questions are.

It is increasing becoming difficult for my friend (secondary applicant) to source his graduation documents from Allahabad university. Can he still apply as a secondary applicant with ECA results.

Together their score comes above 450 without considering the ECA of my friend.

Please guide.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
niravk said:
Hi guys

One of my friend has cleared his IELTS. He is the secondary applicant. His wife being the first. His wife's ECA has been accorded equivalent to "Two or more post secondary....". Also his wife has cleared TEF and IELTS exams. My questions are.

It is increasing becoming difficult for my friend (secondary applicant) to source his graduation documents from Allahabad university. Can he still apply as a secondary applicant with ECA results.

Please guide.
It is not mandatory. Only if he wants to claim points for his education, then it will be needed. In this case, the 450 score is good enough and they can process without the ECA of the secondary applicant.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
niravk said:
Hi guys

Please guide.
As a secondary applicant, if your friend does not want to claim points for education, then it is fine not to provide his ECA.

Just enter his education details in his profile, but select 'NO' in the field where it says about ECA.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
niravk said:
Thnx maverick28 and jpv2212 for your responses.
Let them do an estimate of the points needed. If we knew the cutoff score was going to drop that much my husband wouldn't have done ECA and IELTS