+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA - My University doesn't have an option to directly send my degree documents to WES

Jul 25, 2018
I have completed my engineering from Chennai, India. My college is SRM University.

WES has recently changed their process where they now only accept the degree transcripts if it's directly sent from the university to them. My university doesn't have any process setup to facilitate this, however, and the best they can do is to send the transcript and a signed/stamped envelope to me.

I have tried sending my transcript to WES after receiving them from my university (in the envelope with the stamp on it as instructed). Unfortunately, WES rejected this with the following message:

Statement of Marks (University Issued and Attested): Not Accepted
Reason:
WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.
Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

While sending my transcripts, I had provided my home address as the FROM address to the mailing service. Could this be how WES figured out that the document was not sent directly from the university?

How do I proceed here? As mentioned previously, there is no option for me where I can get my university to send out the transcripts.

Some options that I see:
  1. Send the transcripts by myself again, from my home city which is not Chennai. This time, keep the FROM address as my university address.
  2. Send the transcripts by myself again, while also sending them from Chennai and giving the FROM address as my university address.
Has anyone encountered this challenge, in India? How have you overcome this?

skcuzi

Oct 7, 2020
You could do the 2 point that you mentioned, in case you can reach Chennai. Generally, as far as I understand, you should send it from the Post Office closest to your University. But that might not work as I hear that international shipping is not yet up in some areas.

The other option is to use a service such as docswallet/directverify, where you can verify your transcript online and then send the transcript to WES over the internet.

Jul 25, 2018
You could do the 2 point that you mentioned, in case you can reach Chennai. Generally, as far as I understand, you should send it from the Post Office closest to your University. But that might not work as I hear that international shipping is not yet up in some areas.

The other option is to use a service such as docswallet/directverify, where you can verify your transcript online and then send the transcript to WES over the internet.
Thank you. Does WES accept Docswallet/DirectVerify? Any success stories that you are aware of?