+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA guidance for Autonomous college

pritraj

Nov 9, 2018
hi,
In my husbands marksheets, his father name is mentioned as First Name Middle Name only. in all the DMCs.
Thats how their univ (MITS Gwalior- Jivaji Univ) issued the DMCs.
Will that cause a problem,
coz in his passport and other places his dad s name is mentioned fully- first middle and surname.

pavi_cs

May 29, 2019
Hello All,

I have studied in Autonomous college which is affiliated to Bharathiar University. After googling a lot, going through WES website and several forum questions, I must admit that the ECA procedure and the required documents checklist is not well explained for Autonomous college.
Following is my understanding of the required documents:

1. Get attestation on individual Semester Mark sheets and Consolidated mark sheet from the Autonomous college
2. Take the attested mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet to the university and get transcripts and attested degree certificate from the university
3. Ask the university to fill in WES Transcript request form (2nd half of the form and get it signed and sealed)
4. Place all the documents (attested marksheets, consolidated marksheet, transcripts, degree certificate and WES transcript request form) in an envelop and ask university to seal and sign the envelop.
5. Send the envelop to WES.

Now my question is, should I have to get transcripts from the autonomous college for semester mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet before going to the university ? Or should I just get attestation from autonomous college on semester mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet before taking them to university ?

My autonomous college is charging a huge amount in case of issuing transcripts for mark sheets, where as for just attestation, they do not charge anything. Moreover, who should attest on the mark sheet from the autonomous college - Controller of Examination or Principal of the college ???

Please clarify on the above as I am a newbie and currently stuck up here. Thanks
Hi did you get a solution for this problem, cause I'm in the same situation and the rules of ECA have changed since Dec 2018 as in it specifies that only the institution or the college should send the transcripts directly and not the applicant . Should I get the attested documents sent through my university or my college (autonomous) .

Thanks in advance

vijaysanthoshkumar

Apr 23, 2018
Bangalore
Hi did you get a solution for this problem, cause I'm in the same situation and the rules of ECA have changed since Dec 2018 as in it specifies that only the institution or the college should send the transcripts directly and not the applicant . Should I get the attested documents sent through my university or my college (autonomous) .

Thanks in advance
Hi,

First question: why are going to ur University if your college is autonomous. You can get and should get the transcript from ur college only. Mine is also autonomous affiliated to Anna University.
Along with transcript, keep ur Wes form and tell them to fill the second half. If possible and the college is ok with it, keep color Xerox of ur degree certificate and tell them to keep COE seal and sign on the certificate (this would definitely reduce ur verification time when Wes wants to verify it) and tell them to send along with ur transcript. If that's not possible to send degree certificate, send it separately to Wes directly. Hope this helps...

Reactions: pavi_cs

pavi_cs

May 29, 2019
Hi,

First question: why are going to ur University if your college is autonomous. You can get and should get the transcript from ur college only. Mine is also autonomous affiliated to Anna University.
Along with transcript, keep ur Wes form and tell them to fill the second half. If possible and the college is ok with it, keep color Xerox of ur degree certificate and tell them to keep COE seal and sign on the certificate (this would definitely reduce ur verification time when Wes wants to verify it) and tell them to send along with ur transcript. If that's not possible to send degree certificate, send it separately to Wes directly. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the reply :)
However though my college is autonomous my degree certificate is from university of Madras. Hence my query. And also according to the new WES process only institutions and universities should send the transcripts to WES and not the individual applicant. So I won't be able to send them myself. Will have to ask my respective college and university of Madras if they can send.

vijaysanthoshkumar

Apr 23, 2018
Bangalore
Thanks for the reply :)
However though my college is autonomous my degree certificate is from university of Madras. Hence my query. And also according to the new WES process only institutions and universities should send the transcripts to WES and not the individual applicant. So I won't be able to send them myself. Will have to ask my respective college and university of Madras if they can send.
Hello,

Yes, the transcript needs to be sent directly by college. For degree certificate, if the college does not send, individual can send a clear colored Xerox of degree certificate.so my suggestion would be to inform the college to send the transcript to Wes. You can send them separately.

pavi_cs

May 29, 2019
Okay cool.. thank you
Hello,

Yes, the transcript needs to be sent directly by college. For degree certificate, if the college does not send, individual can send a clear colored Xerox of degree certificate.so my suggestion would be to inform the college to send the transcript to Wes. You can send them separately.

vijaysanthoshkumar

Apr 23, 2018
Bangalore
Hey
That was really helpful. I checked out the requirements and yours quite right so thank you for clarifying my doubt. Do I need to get the degree certificate attested by university of Madras or can I just take a Xerox and send it to Wes
Hello,

You can send it without any attestation also, WES will send the degree certificate back to the college for second verification. if you are in the same city as your university is, then try to get the certificate attested (but i doubt they will do that, because University people are so lazy)this will reduce WES verification time. Not much difference

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay

Last edited:

pavi_cs

May 29, 2019
Hello,

You can send it without any attestation also, WES will send the degree certificate back to the college for second verification. if you are in the same city as your university is, then try to get the certificate attested (but i doubt they will do that). it will reduce your WES verification time. Not much difference

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay

Hi,

I live in the same city so I shall try to get it attested. If not I'll send the certificate like you mentioned.

Thank again for all the help

pavi_cs

May 29, 2019
Hi,

Just had another query. Has anyone from mop Vaishnav college or women's Christian college applied for transcripts for wes. Any idea if they send it themselves and what the cost would be

Asmafrs

Oct 8, 2019
Hi,

Just had another query. Has anyone from mop Vaishnav college or women's Christian college applied for transcripts for wes. Any idea if they send it themselves and what the cost would be

Hello,I'm from mop , have come across Ur comments ! Please let me know , if u have applied for transcripts for Wes from MOP. And what was the procedure. It would be a great help

Bani2050

Feb 8, 2018
Hi,

I used MailTranscript , they were good, no need to send originals. My college is autonomous, MITS, RGPV.

they did all the work and send transcripts to wes directly, it got approved. Go to mailTranscript.

Bani2050

Feb 8, 2018
Hello,I'm from mop , have come across Ur comments ! Please let me know , if u have applied for transcripts for Wes from MOP. And what was the procedure. It would be a great help
I used MailTranscript , they were good, no need to send originals. My college is autonomous, MITS, RGPV.

they did all the work and send transcripts to wesdirectly, it got approved. Go to mailTranscript.