+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA from University of Calicut

Mar 20, 2015
Hi All,

Any one here who done the WES ECA from University of Calicut for any course?

I am starting the ECA process through WES and would like to know the steps for this get done.
I have completed by B.Tech (8 Semesters with 13 mark sheets) from University of Calicut.

Thanks,
saleej

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Hi

I have recently done ECA from CU for B.Tech. To my surprise it was a smooth process. You have to get photocopies of all your marklists and your degree certificate (you can send degree certificate separately to WES as well, but this worked for me).

After that you have to submit the application for official transcript with the required amount paid. Its a bit high because for each additional mark list (i had a lot more than you ;) )there is a charge and then around 1200 or so as postage charges. You can get correct details from the B Tech enquiry.

I would suggest you pay in WES first and get the reference number so that you can put that in the application form along with the correct WES address.

Get the number of someone in the office and keep inquring the progress to be safe. For me it reached Toronto in about 2 weeks or so.

All the best.

Reactions: Nadhira

amaljosegeorge

Star Member
Aug 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
2-2-2016
EVEN MY BACHELORS IS FROM CALICUT UNIVERSITY. DINT DO eca YET ..BUT MY MASTERS IS FROM SOME OTHER UNIVERSITY. SO I AM BIT CONFUSED HOW TO PROCEED.

Mar 20, 2015
chad_80 said:
Hi

I have recently done ECA from CU for B.Tech. To my surprise it was a smooth process. You have to get photocopies of all your marklists and your degree certificate (you can send degree certificate separately to WES as well, but this worked for me).

After that you have to submit the application for official transcript with the required amount paid. Its a bit high because for each additional mark list (i had a lot more than you ;) )there is a charge and then around 1200 or so as postage charges. You can get correct details from the B Tech enquiry.

I would suggest you pay in WES first and get the reference number so that you can put that in the application form along with the correct WES address.

Get the number of someone in the office and keep inquring the progress to be safe. For me it reached Toronto in about 2 weeks or so.

All the best.
Hi chad_80,
Thanks for your reply.
So what is the amount to be paid per marklist? I think all other universities are cheap than CU for getting a transcript.

How much you paid per marklist for getting a transcript?
Also, one of my marklist is missing. So Do I need to get the duplicate of that marklist first from CU, before applying for a transcript?

Please guide me.

Thanks,
Saleej

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
saleejkuruniyan said:
So what is the amount to be paid per marklist? I think all other universities are cheap than CU for getting a transcript.
I don't remember exactly. But I think it was as per this.. http://www.universityofcalicut.info/forms/Transcript.pdf. And as you said, it must the highest any university is charging (at least in India :().

I had also lost one mark list and it was the reason why I couldn't apply for FSW 2014. It took about 2-3 months for me to get the duplicate marklist before I could apply for the transcripts. But it all depends on whether you enrolled in BTech before or after 2001 (that is when computerization started). If it is after 2001, you might get quicker or might not even need it.

Mar 20, 2015
chad_80 said:
I don't remember exactly. But I think it was as per this... And as you said, it must the highest any university is charging (at least in India :().

I had also lost one mark list and it was the reason why I couldn't apply for FSW 2014. It took about 2-3 months for me to get the duplicate marklist before I could apply for the transcripts. But it all depends on whether you enrolled in BTech before or after 2001 (that is when computerization started). If it is after 2001, you might get quicker or might not even need it.
Thanks a lot.. Mr.chad_80?
And for duplicate, are we supposed to give newspaper ad? Somewhere I read like this..
By the way, what is your visa application status now?

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
saleejkuruniyan said:
for duplicate, are we supposed to give newspaper ad?
Yes, you will have to give a news paper ad and then wait for 30 days. After that you need to get an affidavit from "First class Judicial Magistrate" on Rs. 100 stamp paper which has to be attached along with the application. Please follow the instructions mentioned here exactly (http://www.universityofcalicut.info/forms/duplicate_marklist_updated.pdf)

Follow it very carefully, because they made get the affidavit twice for which I had to fly to Calicut twice in a month just because the affidavit which I submitted was on a stamp paper with a seal (instead of printed, which is not available in North India for Rs. 100) and then the Magistrate who signed had seal which says Executive magistrate (which is equivalent to First class Judicial magistrate). But there was no point arguing with those guys.. so I ended spending quite a lot of money for this ECA.

As I told you I couldn't apply for FSW 2014 due to the delay from CU, I am now in the EE pool waiting for the scores to come lower. :)

thanvi2001

Mar 28, 2015
Hi Chad / guys,

I, graduated from calicut university & planning to do WES ECA, could you tell me the procedures step by step, then it will be very helpful for us.....
Am planning to send the courier my self, let me know how to get the attestation...
How many days have to go to the university \ whom to meet \ how to get attestation etc.......

Will they give an information regarding this through phone \ or their enquiry counter

Thanks

Thanveer

NIHAALNAIR

Mar 24, 2015
saleejkuruniyan said:
Hi All,

Any one here who done the WES ECA from University of Calicut for any course?

I am starting the ECA process through WES and would like to know the steps for this get done.
I have completed by B.Tech (8 Semesters with 13 mark sheets) from University of Calicut.

Thanks,
saleej
Hi
saleej,
I have done it from Univarsity of kannur. U hv to go to uni with the application for transcripts with all of ur certificates(it should not be attested and without any signatures) . The Uni people know about this Wes process . It costs 250 Rs per certificate and will take around 2 weeks time.Each certificate should be attested and sealed by Controller and it should be in a sealed envelop addressing to WES.

ajaygeorge88

Mar 3, 2015
chad_80 said:
Hi

All the best.
I applied for the transcript on may 2nd,and 2 weeks back wen I enquired, the univrsty offficials said that my transcript has been dispatched.But till now, my wes account status says that my documents hasnt been delieverd to them.It wont take 2 weeks to reach Canada on any post, right? What shud I do,Any suggestions bro??

aswin_kannur

Jun 24, 2017
Hi
saleej,
I have done it from Univarsity of kannur. U hv to go to uni with the application for transcripts with all of ur certificates(it should not be attested and without any signatures) . The Uni people know about this Wes process . It costs 250 Rs per certificate and will take around 2 weeks time.Each certificate should be attested and sealed by Controller and it should be in a sealed envelop addressing to WES.
Hi Nihaal,

i also did my B.tech from Kannur university. Could you please elaborate on the process? Is it a time consuming process? How many times i may have to go to the university to get this done? Since i am working in UAE, it would be difficult for me to travel frequently for this.

Thanks,
Aswin

Nadhira

Jul 20, 2017
Hi.. I am gonna start the ECA process through WES ... Can anyone tell me whether i should go directly to the university to get it done or i can arrange somebody for the same.. plz help me..

salman5412

Oct 19, 2017
Hi
saleej,
Hi
saleej,
Hi
Saleej,
Is there any application form for transcripts for University of Kannur.

Reactions: adarshem

SV1988

Nov 27, 2017
Hi All,

Having a query. Could somebody help.?

I have completed my Pre-degree from Calicut University in 2000 ( Nowadays all are having 12th grade ). Also completed Bachelors Degree of Literature from another university. My query is with respect to the ECA assessment.

Do I come under the category of "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" as it was not 12th and it was a degree.?

Thanks!