+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA for M.com categorised as a one year graduate study

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
Hello frnd

I want to know about WEC report. My education is 12 + 3 year diploma in computer engineering , can anyone suggest me what will be my Canadian degree or equivalent .
Your 12th will not be considered. 3 year diploma can be assessed as either Bachelor degree 3/4 years depending upon the university.

NishaYadav21

May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Hi Nisha, I suggest you to send your documents to WES until then do not come to a conclusion whether your's would be considered as two or more certificates or masters. Even my M.Com showed up as one year graduate study where as after receiving my WES evaluation report it said one year post graduate study:). Now i can claim points for two or more certificates. My answer to your question here is, only in the CRS online assessment tool you will get an option to select Masters or Two or more certificates or bachelors just to know the CRS score. Whereas in the actual express entry system you do not have this option, it is like this, Education- Bachelors Degree B.SC ( In your Case) - Canadian Equivalency ( What ever you get from WES for your B.Sc degree ( can be bachelors degree three years/ four years) you should select that. And next you have to add your M.Sc - Canadian equivalency will be what ever the WES has accessed. If they unfortunately evaluate your M.Sc as one year graduate study you have no option to select one year graduate study therefore system will just calculate points as Bachelors degree due to which your CRS will drop drastically.

So i suggest you to send your reports, in my opinion if your specializations are different in B.Sc and M.Sc you may get your M.Sc as one year post graduate study and in your second education option you can select M.Sc and Canadian Equivalency would be one year post graduate study, now you are eligible for two or more certificates. Hope this helped you.

IMP: I have not yet got into the EE pool so based on a lot of research i am able to answer your question.
Thank you for quick reply ☺ This really helped.

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
MY WES REPORT SHOW AS FOLLOWS.

1 ) Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Commerce
Year: 2012
Awarded By: University of Mumbai
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

2) Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Commerce
Year: 2015
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year).

I HAVE RAISED THE SAME QUERY BY CONTACTING WES. LETS SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE SAME.

NishaYadav21

May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
MY WES REPORT SHOW AS FOLLOWS.

1 ) Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Year: 2012

2) Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Major/Specialization: Business Administration

I HAVE RAISED THE SAME QUERY BY CONTACTING WES. LETS SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE SAME.

Hi @tushar12333
I also received the same report as that of yours but I don't understand which option to fill for my post graduate diploma as while filling my profile, I don't see any option which is related to post graduate diploma (1 year).
Can you please help me out in this?

@Chaitra Ramesh You might have filled your profile. Can you please resolve my query?

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi @tushar12333
I also received the same report as that of yours but I don't understand which option to fill for my post graduate diploma as while filling my profile, I don't see any option which is related to post graduate diploma (1 year).

@Chaitra Ramesh You might have filled your profile. Can you please resolve my query?

Hello Nisha,
I have not yet filed my EE profile, so i can't answer your query. But i think, you must have got some option to add your credential. Possibly in a symbolic form like '+'. Also they would asks your WES credential reference number. Please check with some experts.

Sandhusarwar

Jul 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20 November
AOR Received.
20 November
Hi u can choose one year university program
Hi @tushar12333

h

tushar12333

Star Member
May 26, 2018
NOC Code......
Sorry Brother. I haven't filed my profile yet. i'll try if i can find it for you.

Hi @tushar12333

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
U should select one year program. There will Be no option to select post graduate diploma or certificate etc. Once u select one year program the system will automatically calculate points for 2 or more certificates and u will get ITA.

I have done it the same way and I already got the ITA.

Good luck. God bless

Sorry Brother. I haven't filed my profile yet. i'll try if i can find it for you.

Reactions: nisuss

nisuss

Aug 28, 2018
Thank you for a quick turn around. I have sent both my B.Com and M.com to WES. Whereas while checking the online degree equivalency portal i saw that my Bachelors are considered as Bachelors 4 years and my masters as One year graduate study. Not sure, if the free assessment portal is right on this. I am eagerly waiting for the report. Meanwhile i wanted to know if my masters turn out to be as One year graduate study, which option should i choose? Bachelors 4 Years or two or more certificates?
Hi...

Have u got points for 1 year graduate study as
"Two or more degree, certificates or diploma"

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
Hi...

Have u got points for 1 year graduate study as
"Two or more degree, certificates or diploma"
MY WES assesment says one year post gradute study for my M.com and bachelors degree 4 years for my B.com so the system calculated this assesment as two or more certificates and i got the ITA.

BhavanaKN

Nov 4, 2018
Finally , I received my ECA today. Below is the report
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: Chaitra R
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Year: 2013
Awarded By: Bangalore University
Major/Specialization: Finance

Name on Credential: Chaitra R
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Awarded By: Bangalore University

After a long wait. I am finally out of tension because I can now get points for two or more certificates.

Another important point is that Pls don't judge your credentials by just checking the degree equivalency tool. It might not be correct always. In my case it is not correct. Based on the subjects and division and the university the final report might change.

Now I am all set to get into the EE pool. Thank You everyone who replied to my queries. Good luck to all.. God bless
Hi,

Will post graduation diploma from Bangalore university work ? I've 4 years BE degree as well. Can I opt for "Two or more degrees certificates" option ?

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Hello All.....Asking for a friend.

She received the WES evaluation for Bachelors and Mcom. For Bachelors her equivalence is Bachelors however for Masters her equivalence is one year post graduate diploma.

So in education will be it be just Bachelors or will it be "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be a program for three years or more"

Please confirm. Thanks.

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
Hello All.....Asking for a friend.

She received the WES evaluation for Bachelors and Mcom. For Bachelors her equivalence is Bachelors however for Masters her equivalence is one year post graduate diploma.

So in education will be it be just Bachelors or will it be "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be a program for three years or more"

Please confirm. Thanks.
Your friend can claim points for two or certificates undoubtedly.. I had received the same evaluation in my WES too .

Hope this helped.

Reactions: aliabbashusain