WES ECA for M.com categorised as a one year graduate study

Oys

Apr 30, 2017
Following is the report for the masters degree:

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Master of Commerce
Name of Institution: University of Mumbai
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study

Has anyone got their Masters degree evaluated and got the same result in the ECA? I had used the free equivalency tool of WES and got this stated. Will I not be able to claim points for my Masters?
Kindly share your experience for the same.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
If they have given that, that's what it is. Google this forum and see if anyone else got masters for M.Com.

But I know they classify M.Sc as masters. My guess is they count the number of credits/courses in your coursework and evaluate it for Canadian equivalent. If it's above certain amount of credits (which would deem as minimum for Canadian masters), then you'd get masters equivalent.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Following is the report for the masters degree:

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Master of Commerce
Name of Institution: University of Mumbai
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study

Has anyone got their Masters degree evaluated and got the same result in the ECA? I had used the free equivalency tool of WES and got this stated. Will I not be able to claim points for my Masters?
Kindly share your experience for the same.
Send them your bachelor's degree also - if its 3 + 2 pattern of study - in conjuction they may evaluate it as Master's - worst case you will get it as 2 degrees which will still fetch you more points than bachelor's

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
Hello,

I am stuck with a lot of questions while i am eagerly waiting for my WES report.

1. In the WES Degree equivalency tool online, my M.Com is showing up as Bachelor Degree ( 4 Years) when assessed M.Com separately.
On the other hand my B.Com is also showing up as Bachelor Degree ( 4 Years ) again when assessed B.Com separately. Whereas, when i put B.Com and M.com together as 2 credentials here is the result: 1. B.Com- "Bachelor degree 4 years". 2. M.Com- "One year graduate study".

i wanted to know why is it different?

2. This way can we send B.Com separately to WES and M.Com Separately after a few days? That way if both my degrees get assessed as Bachelors 4 years , then i am entitled to claim "two or more certificates" to boost my CRS to 468. Else if only Bachelors then my CRS is 436.

I am stressed about the issue.

It would be great if someone has some insights on this.

Waiting for the reply!!!!

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello,

I am stuck with a lot of questions while i am eagerly waiting for my WES report.

1. In the WES Degree equivalency tool online, my M.Com is showing up as Bachelor Degree ( 4 Years) when assessed M.Com separately.
On the other hand my B.Com is also showing up as Bachelor Degree ( 4 Years ) again when assessed B.Com separately. Whereas, when i put B.Com and M.com together as 2 credentials here is the result: 1. B.Com- "Bachelor degree 4 years". 2. M.Com- "One year graduate study".

i wanted to know why is it different?

2. This way can we send B.Com separately to WES and M.Com Separately after a few days? That way if both my degrees get assessed as Bachelors 4 years , then i am entitled to claim "two or more certificates" to boost my CRS to 468. Else if only Bachelors then my CRS is 436.

I am stressed about the issue.

It would be great if someone has some insights on this.

Waiting for the reply!!!!
1. You can claim points for two or more degrees when calculating points.
2. It ain't permitted as far as Indian degrees go, you need to get your Bachelor's done as well. Don't worry, you can still claim points the way you've mentioned.

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
1. You can claim points for two or more degrees when calculating points.
2. It ain't permitted as far as Indian degrees go, you need to get your Bachelor's done as well. Don't worry, you can still claim points the way you've mentioned.
Thank you for a quick turn around. I have sent both my B.Com and M.com to WES. Whereas while checking the online degree equivalency portal i saw that my Bachelors are considered as Bachelors 4 years and my masters as One year graduate study. Not sure, if the free assessment portal is right on this. I am eagerly waiting for the report. Meanwhile i wanted to know if my masters turn out to be as One year graduate study, which option should i choose? Bachelors 4 Years or two or more certificates?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thank you for a quick turn around. I have sent both my B.Com and M.com to WES. Whereas while checking the online degree equivalency portal i saw that my Bachelors are considered as Bachelors 4 years and my masters as One year graduate study. Not sure, if the free assessment portal is right on this. I am eagerly waiting for the report. Meanwhile i wanted to know if my masters turn out to be as One year graduate study, which option should i choose? Bachelors 4 Years or two or more certificates?
the latter

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
the latter
Finally , I received my ECA today. Below is the report
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: Chaitra R
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Commerce
Year: 2013
Awarded By: Bangalore University
Major/Specialization: Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Name on Credential: Chaitra R
Credential: Master of Commerce
Year: 2015
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year).

After a long wait. I am finally out of tension because I can now get points for two or more certificates.

Another important point is that Pls don't judge your credentials by just checking the degree equivalency tool. It might not be correct always. In my case it is not correct. Based on the subjects and division and the university the final report might change.

Now I am all set to get into the EE pool. Thank You everyone who replied to my queries. Good luck to all.. God bless

shivu107

Aug 10, 2017
Hello frnd

I want to know about WEC report. My education is 12 + 3 year diploma in computer engineering , can anyone suggest me what will be my Canadian degree or equivalent .

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
Hello frnd

I want to know about WEC report. My education is 12 + 3 year diploma in computer engineering , can anyone suggest me what will be my Canadian degree or equivalent .
Yours might be bachelors(3/4 years) . I don't think 12th will be considered for ECA. Try checking the same in degree equivalency tool for an idea

NishaYadav21

May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Finally , I received my ECA today. Below is the report
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: Chaitra R
Credential: Bachelor of Commerce
Year: 2013
Major/Specialization: Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Name on Credential: Chaitra R
Credential: Master of Commerce
Year: 2015
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year).

After a long wait. I am finally out of tension because I can now get points for two or more certificates.

Another important point is that Pls don't judge your credentials by just checking the degree equivalency tool. It might not be correct always. In my case it is not correct. Based on the subjects and division and the university the final report might change.

Now I am all set to get into the EE pool. Thank You everyone who replied to my queries. Good luck to all.. God bless
Hi,
My education details are B.sc + M.sc.
And on online tool for M.Sc it is showing one year graduate study.
I need to send my reports.

So you filled two or more certificates in the education column?

Chaitra Ramesh

Apr 24, 2018
Hi,
My education details are B.sc + M.sc.
And on online tool for M.Sc it is showing one year graduate study.
I need to send my reports.

So you filled two or more certificates in the education column?
Hi Nisha, I suggest you to send your documents to WES until then do not come to a conclusion whether your's would be considered as two or more certificates or masters. Even my M.Com showed up as one year graduate study where as after receiving my WES evaluation report it said one year post graduate study:). Now i can claim points for two or more certificates. My answer to your question here is, only in the CRS online assessment tool you will get an option to select Masters or Two or more certificates or bachelors just to know the CRS score. Whereas in the actual express entry system you do not have this option, it is like this, Education- Bachelors Degree B.SC ( In your Case) - Canadian Equivalency ( What ever you get from WES for your B.Sc degree ( can be bachelors degree three years/ four years) you should select that. And next you have to add your M.Sc - Canadian equivalency will be what ever the WES has accessed. If they unfortunately evaluate your M.Sc as one year graduate study you have no option to select one year graduate study therefore system will just calculate points as Bachelors degree due to which your CRS will drop drastically.

So i suggest you to send your reports, in my opinion if your specializations are different in B.Sc and M.Sc you may get your M.Sc as one year post graduate study and in your second education option you can select M.Sc and Canadian Equivalency would be one year post graduate study, now you are eligible for two or more certificates. Hope this helped you.

IMP: I have not yet got into the EE pool so based on a lot of research i am able to answer your question.