+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Assessment - Diploma + PGDBA Doc. attestation from Autonomous College

Aliasgar90

Dec 1, 2017
Hi,
Have you completed your course in Ebiz as fulltime or distance learning ? Not sure if they have distance learning for Ebiz, but am asking as its mentioned by you in institute name. Even i am a Welingkar alumni and completed my eBiz fulltime in 2009. Reading about your experience has made me nervous now as i just applied for WES :(
You should be fine.

Rekha11gupta

Feb 9, 2018
B
It is not that the institute is not recognized. The institute is not recognized for the course you took. A distance learning scm course is not aicte approved and hence the eca outcome. In my case i did a 2 year full time pgdm in business design and my eca came back as recognised and equivalent to 4 years Canadian bachelors.
However, shouldn’t it be considered as masters degree ... they seem to have disregarded the full time PGDBM degree altogether

Aliasgar90

Dec 1, 2017
Equivalency is considered only for courses approved by AIU/AICTE/DTE. Pgdbm isn't approved by either of these 3 and hence no equivalency.

It's not that the institute is not approved, it's that this course run by the institute is not approved.

Speak to wes helpline for more info.

Lego&Gilly

Oct 20, 2017
Here is my report

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Diploma (two years) from a non-recognized institution

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution

Credential: Associate of Science

Year: 2016

Awarded By: Full Sail University

Major/Specialization: Event Production

Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (two years) from a non-recognized institution

Remarks: Only institutions accredited by one of the six regional accrediting agencies in the United States are regarded by WES as recognized in Canada.
Hi, Were you able to successfully claim points for this assessment? Was it accepted by CIC?

May 28, 2018
Equivalency is considered only for courses approved by AIU/AICTE/DTE. Pgdbm isn't approved by either of these 3 and hence no equivalency.

It's not that the institute is not approved, it's that this course run by the institute is not approved.

Speak to wes helpline for more info.

Hi Ali,

I have done PGDM - 2yrs from Welingkar Institute (Distance Learning) which is recognized by DEC, Gov of India.
And Bachelor's from University Of Mumbai.

Of what I read above, Definitely its not going to be Evaluated for MBA but I am confused if WES will even evaluate it under two years post secondary.
Also if there is any other way out to get my PGDM evaluated, As I read we could do it through IQAS.

Can you please give some suggestions.

shenoyn

Jun 7, 2018
Hi Ali,

I have done PGDM - 2yrs from Welingkar Institute (Distance Learning) which is recognized by DEC, Gov of India.
And Bachelor's from University Of Mumbai.

Of what I read above, Definitely its not going to be Evaluated for MBA but I am confused if WES will even evaluate it under two years post secondary.
Also if there is any other way out to get my PGDM evaluated, As I read we could do it through IQAS.

Can you please give some suggestions.

I am also in same situation and my ECA report says:
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2018
Awarded By: Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research -
Distance Learning
Major/Specialization: Banking, Investment and Insurance
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution

Jun 14, 2018
I am also in same situation and my ECA report says:
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2018
Awarded By: Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research -
Distance Learning
Major/Specialization: Banking, Investment and Insurance
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Which batch you were from because i heard their courses were approved by UGC from July 2016 onwards

Jun 24, 2018
Hello,

I have 4 year Engineering degree from Mumbai University. and have same issue which some of people have highlghted here
I did a PGDBA (correspondance) from welingkar Institute of Management which is only DEC approved. What happens if apply ECA to WES and they reject my postgraduation saying "non-recognized institution". Do i need to apply for fresh ECA to WES without my PGDBA or the first assessment can be used as is?

Jun 14, 2018
Hello,

I have 4 year Engineering degree from Mumbai University. and have same issue which some of people have highlghted here
I did a PGDBA (correspondance) from welingkar Institute of Management which is only DEC approved. What happens if apply ECA to WES and they reject my postgraduation saying "non-recognized institution". Do i need to apply for fresh ECA to WES without my PGDBA or the first assessment can be used as is?
You dont need to apply for a fresh ECA the existing one which if it mentions non recognised, will still recognize the Engineering degree from Mumbai University

gudboy88

Nov 19, 2017
Bengaluru
Category........
FSW
Hi,

I just received my WES evaluation and I am extremely disappointed that Welingkar's Institute is not recognised and all courses done from this institute has no Canada equivalency. WES recognises only NAAC "A" accredited institutes which Welingkars does not have.

Make sure before you enrol with any B school check if they are accredited and don't fall in trap of their glossy brochures.

I seem to have wasted my time and money.
Hello, does WES accept AICTE approved diplomas from A NAAC accredited college? is it necessary that the college has to be an autonomous one?

piscean26

Aug 27, 2017
Hi all,

Just to update you all about my ECA evaluation process.

Course: Post Graduate Diploma in Financial management (2 years distance learning) from Welingkar's Institute, Mumbai

This was not recognised by WES, hence opted IQAS

And after 3 months waiting I received positive outcome from IQAS. They have considered my diploma course as "University Diploma"

So anyone looking for getting their Diploma course evaluated, you can go for IQAS.

Reactions: Dirup

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Hi All,

I really appreciate your response and sharing of experience in each of post and suggestion you will be posting in this forum. Hats off to your effors.

I have gone through all your post/replies and suggestion provided in order to get WES ECA evaluation done. But, I feel mine case of education is different and would like to here from you in order proceed for WES ECA evaluation process.

My Education Background is as follows.

1. 10th (SSC) Pass from Maharashtra State Board in 1997.
2. 12th (HSC) - Science Pass from Maharashtra State Board in 1999. I have opted for Vocational Subject as a Mechanical Maintenance.
3. I have done Diploma in Production Engineering from Agnel Technical College, Bandra (1999-2002) in Full Time. It's an autonomous college affiliated by DTE. I have received Diploma Certificate, All Year Mark Sheet and Educational Transcript from College which were stamped by college.
4. I have Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management from Welingkar (2006/2007) in Distance Learning. I am also having an Marksheet, PGDBA awarded certificate from Welingkar and 2 year semester mark sheet.
Also, I have already registered for ECA on WES website and obtained the reference number.

Now, let me know your advise on following points

1. which all certificate should I sent to WES ? only Diploma or PGDBA? Or Both.

2. If Diploma Document then where I should get my mark sheet, certificate and transcript attested for Diploma as mine one is from autonomous institute and university will not attest the same. (Its affiliated/approved by DTE). And do we need to send a copy of these document which will be attested by College.

3. If PGDBA, then Mark sheet/Certificate and Transcript attested by Welingkar college, Matuga, we need to send?

4. Do I need to send 12th HSC document as I would to show my education as 10+2+3 (Diploma) = 15 Yrs if Only fulltime is acceptable and if they consider distance learning then 10+2+3+2 = 17 Yrs of Education.

Request you guidance and inputs from any of our team members if possible for completing my ECA.

Regards

Atul
How did you do PG Diploma after Diploma ?

Dirup

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hi all,

Just to update you all about my ECA evaluation process.

Course: Post Graduate Diploma in Financial management (2 years distance learning) from Welingkar's Institute, Mumbai

This was not recognised by WES, hence opted IQAS

And after 3 months waiting I received positive outcome from IQAS. They have considered my diploma course as "University Diploma"

So anyone looking for getting their Diploma course evaluated, you can go for IQAS.
That's really great! I have same distance PGDM from welingkar, earlier Wes didn't recognize PGDM while bachelor's was recognised successfully. Shall I send PGDM transcripts only to the IQAS ?