+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES documents for Mumbai University students!!!

zeeshan1108

May 4, 2017
Hi folks,

I have paid and got the reference number from WES and now have to courier all the required documents. I need help to send the correct documents at once, so if you have any experience, please help!
I have done my Masters in management and Bachelors from Mumbai University affiliated colleges (MET and Mithibai)
Now:
1. Do I need to get a Transcript from my bachelors and masters college and then get it attested from Mumbai University (Kalina or Churchgate?) (i visited Kalina and they said they charge 1200 per copy??)?
OR
2. I need to get my college semester mark sheets attested from College and final sem (university exams) mark sheets and Degree certificate attested from Mumbai Univ? (or is it fine if I only send final sem Univ mark sheets only?)

Let me know the best way
Please help me!!!

Thanks,
Zeeshan

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hi folks,

I have paid and got the reference number from WES and now have to courier all the required documents. I need help to send the correct documents at once, so if you have any experience, please help!
I have done my Masters in management and Bachelors from Mumbai University affiliated colleges (MET and Mithibai)
Now:
1. Do I need to get a Transcript from my bachelors and masters college and then get it attested from Mumbai University (Kalina or Churchgate?) (i visited Kalina and they said they charge 1200 per copy??)?
OR
2. I need to get my college semester mark sheets attested from College and final sem (university exams) mark sheets and Degree certificate attested from Mumbai Univ? (or is it fine if I only send final sem Univ mark sheets only?)

Let me know the best way
Please help me!!!

Thanks,
Zeeshan
WES requires transcripts.
So, you should get your transcripts for each qualification. Once you get your transcripts, then there is no need of getting them attested again by univ. The reason is that the transcript itself is an attested doc on official letterhead.
But, yes, you have to get your photocopies of degree certificates attested again by univ. And send these certified copies to WES

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Also, if your degree is given by the university, then transcripts issued by the 'college' are not valid. The univ must issue the transcripts on official letterhead.

Don't forget to order 2 - 3 extra copies of transcripts, since you might need them in future, if need be.

zeeshan1108

May 4, 2017
Also, if your degree is given by the university, then transcripts issued by the 'college' are not valid. The univ must issue the transcripts on official letterhead.

Don't forget to order 2 - 3 extra copies of transcripts, since you might need them in future, if need be.
Thanks jpv2212 for your reply!
yes my degree is by Mumbai University. But how and where do i get the transcript from. What are the charges? and turnaround time?
Also will it be fine if I just get only my final mark sheets and degree certificate attested by Mumbai University and send it in a Univ sealed envelope??

Last time i visited Kalina they asked for 1200 per copy for attestation, is it correct??

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Ummm.. as far as I know, WES only accepts transcripts, not the mark sheets. So, better get transcripts from uni.

You can go to the uni & ask at the students' section about it. They know the procedure very well. All you need to do is just ask them that you are applying for WES evaluation in Canada, and rest they will guide you.
There will be a form to apply for transcripts, fill it up and submit, along with fees. Usually, they take 1 or 2 days to issue the same, but the time & fees depend on the uni. I'd got mine on the same day with just 500 INR per copy.

I don't know about this uni you said about, but you better be checking it with the uni.

blac

Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have had my Mumbai university BCom (2008) documents returned twice from WES and the reason being -
  • Reason: Document was not received in accordance with WES stated document requirements.

Instructions: Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.
And this is what i did-

The first time- Took a sealed envelope from Bhavans college, Andheri with year 1,2 and 3 transcripts and mailed it to WES. Also went to Mumbai university in Kalina, Santacruz and got third year Mumbai university marksheet verified there and got a sealed envelope from them and mailed it to WES.

These envelopes were not accepted by WES and they gave me the above reason.The Bhavans college documents were signed by the Principal. Both envelopes were sealed too.

The second time- The only difference in this attempt was that i removed year 3 transcript from the Bhavans envelope and did all the the other steps same as above. This attempt didn't work too.

Clearly i'm doing something wrong and need advice. Thank you everyone.

pwnbhojwani

Nov 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have had my Mumbai university BCom (2008) documents returned twice from WES and the reason being -
  • Reason: Document was not received in accordance with WES stated document requirements.

Instructions: Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.
And this is what i did-

The first time- Took a sealed envelope from Bhavans college, Andheri with year 1,2 and 3 transcripts and mailed it to WES. Also went to Mumbai university in Kalina, Santacruz and got third year Mumbai university marksheet verified there and got a sealed envelope from them and mailed it to WES.

These envelopes were not accepted by WES and they gave me the above reason.The Bhavans college documents were signed by the Principal. Both envelopes were sealed too.

The second time- The only difference in this attempt was that i removed year 3 transcript from the Bhavans envelope and did all the the other steps same as above. This attempt didn't work too.

Hi,

Did you manage to get this right. I am in process of sending out the documents to WES. Please share what you finally did and was it accepted eventually.

My concern is that my college has given me all transcripts from FYJC to TYBCOM. I am not sure if all this can be sent to WES or just for FYBCOM & SYBCOM transcripts from college and plus TYBCOM marksheet (pls suggest if degree or something else also needs to be attested) - attested by Mumbai University separately.

Please advise. Thanks.

Regards,
Pawan.

imsherlocked

Sep 26, 2017
if you have all the semester mark sheets for three years of degree and 2 years of mms, you don't have to get any transcript from university. Semester marskheets and degrees with passing certificates will do.
Hi folks,

Now:
OR

Let me know the best way
Please help me!!!

Thanks,
Zeeshan

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
If your exam was conducted by the college you need to get your marksheets attested by the college and if exam was conducted by university marksheets need to attested by university.

For example, my wife's first two years of B. Arch exams were conducted by the college. So got the first two year marksheets attested by the college and final three years marksheets attested by Mumbai university.

Transcripts are not mandatory and attested marksheets will work. For college attestation go to your college and get copies of marksheets sealed and signed by either principal or Registrar. Put them in an envelope and get that sealed and signed as well.

For Mumbai university attestation you'll need to go to student section near sydneham College and fill out a Form. Carry two copies of each marksheet, one they will keep for their record and other they will return to you after attestation. Also carry a envelope, they will also return the envelope sealed and signed with your marksheets. Turnaround time is around 4-5 days. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Shweta_Desai

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Attested copy of degree certificate is not required by WES, but Mumbai university may not do the attestation without it. To be on the safer side carry your original certificate and copies when visiting Mumbai university.

Also carry original marksheets with the copies when visiting Mumbai university, they will verify the copies with the original and then only accept the documents.

As for college it is also advised to carry the originals.

rsubra16

Nov 21, 2017
Hi,

Did you manage to fix this?

I am faced with a similar issue - I have a BE from Mumbai University

1) First time I sent 2 envelopes:
- Transcripts from my college for all Semesters. One sealed envelope. This was ACCEPted by WES
- Attested marksheets for all Semesters from Mumbai University in a sealed envelope. This was not accepted as it stated, not as per the format.
"
Reason: Document was not received in accordance with WES stated document requirements.

Instructions: Mark sheets for year 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai."

2) I re-sent again attested marksheets from Mumbai University.
This time only 2nd Sem, 7th and 8th Sem marksheets in the envelope. As these are the only ones issued by Mumbai university.

Unfortunately, the update from WES is the same again.

I am caught in a deadlock now without really knowing what is expected.
Can someone who has been able to get through the WES with similar background help.

As I understand Mumbai university does not have its own envelope. I had to provide one.
Also Mumbai university does not provide Statement of marks or Trans

Hello everyone,

And this is what i did-

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi,

Did you manage to fix this?

I am faced with a similar issue - I have a BE from Mumbai University

1) First time I sent 2 envelopes:
- Transcripts from my college for all Semesters. One sealed envelope. This was ACCEPted by WES
- Attested marksheets for all Semesters from Mumbai University in a sealed envelope. This was not accepted as it stated, not as per the format.
"
Reason: Document was not received in accordance with WES stated document requirements.

Instructions: Mark sheets for year 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai."

2) I re-sent again attested marksheets from Mumbai University.
This time only 2nd Sem, 7th and 8th Sem marksheets in the envelope. As these are the only ones issued by Mumbai university.

Unfortunately, the update from WES is the same again.

I am caught in a deadlock now without really knowing what is expected.
Can someone who has been able to get through the WES with similar background help.

As I understand Mumbai university does not have its own envelope. I had to provide one.
Also Mumbai university does not provide Statement of marks or Trans
take all your marksheets, get them xeroxed. For the exams conducted by college, get them attested from college, but DO NOT seal them. Then take all the marksheets (college attested + university normal xerox) and get them attested from MU. MU ATTESTS college marksheets as well. I repeat - MU attests college marksheets and transcripts as well. There are rumors that MU does not attest college marksheets and transcripts - this is FALSE.

Essentially, your final sealed envelope should contain attested xeroxes of:

1. All marksheets
2. Passing certificate
3. Degree certificate/convocation
4. Transcript

rsubra16

Nov 21, 2017
Thank you for the feedback.

So now my understanding is, the following should go into 2 separate sealed envelopes:

1) College envelope - College Transcripts for Year 2 and 3 [ Semester 3, 4, 5, 6].
2) Mumbai University envelope - College Transcripts + Xerox of Marksheets for exams conducted by Mumbai University. These should all be attested by Mumbai University. [ Semester 2 ( Year 1) + Semester 7 and 8 ( Year 4)]

Semester 1 [ Year 1] is conducted by the college. So should that go into envelope 1 or 2?
WES states "Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai."
However Semester 1 is not conducted by Mumbai University, Hence the confusion.

Request to kindly confirm , if my understanding above is correct.

QUOTE="zagcollins, post: 6526083, member: 697528"]take all your marksheets, get them xeroxed. For the exams conducted by college, get them attested from college, but DO NOT seal them. Then take all the marksheets (college attested + university normal xerox) and get them attested from MU. MU ATTESTS college marksheets as well. I repeat - MU attests college marksheets and transcripts as well. There are rumors that MU does not attest college marksheets and transcripts - this is FALSE.

1. All marksheets
2. Passing certificate
4. Transcript[/QUOTE]

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thank you for the feedback.

So now my understanding is, the following should go into 2 separate sealed envelopes:

1) College envelope - College Transcripts for Year 2 and 3 [ Semester 3, 4, 5, 6].
2) Mumbai University envelope - College Transcripts + Xerox of Marksheets for exams conducted by Mumbai University. These should all be attested by Mumbai University. [ Semester 2 ( Year 1) + Semester 7 and 8 ( Year 4)]

Semester 1 [ Year 1] is conducted by the college. So should that go into envelope 1 or 2?
WES states "Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai."
However Semester 1 is not conducted by Mumbai University, Hence the confusion.

Request to kindly confirm , if my understanding above is correct.

QUOTE="zagcollins, post: 6526083, member: 697528"]take all your marksheets, get them xeroxed. For the exams conducted by college, get them attested from college, but DO NOT seal them. Then take all the marksheets (college attested + university normal xerox) and get them attested from MU. MU ATTESTS college marksheets as well. I repeat - MU attests college marksheets and transcripts as well. There are rumors that MU does not attest college marksheets and transcripts - this is FALSE.

1. All marksheets
2. Passing certificate
4. Transcript
[/QUOTE]
which course is this for?