+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES did not accept perfectly legitimate attested copies

alikhan83

Nov 13, 2017
Hi,

I am an applicant from Pakistan applying through the express entry process.

I have recently sent my university marksheets and transcripts to WES for the ECA. These documents were copies and had been attested by HEC. However, on receipt they rejected the same tagging them as 'not accepted' and have asked to resubmit them. They have issued a general reason that the documents were not submitted as per prescribed instructions. But that is a rubbish statement considering i had submitted my wife's university attestations in the exact same manner and they have been accepted.

The only thing i can think of at this point of time is that my photocopies were attested in 2008. But should that really be an issue? It was the same HEC process then as it is now with the stamps and everything.

Has anyone else experience this sort of an issue? would be great to get some advice on this situation.

thanks

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
Were these attested copies sealed in an envelope by HEC?

alikhan83

Nov 13, 2017
Try calling them.
Do they provide one? the only one mentioned on their page is accessible only within Canada. or do is there an international one as well? I have raised a query on their online service but they have failed to provide a response till date. Its very frustrating.

Abid EA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
05-10-2017
Med's Done....
04-10-2017
Passport Req..
30-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2017
Yes, they were attested by HEC but in 2008. However, that shouldn't be a problem, should it?
WES explicitly say that the attested photocopies should be sealed in an ENVELOPE by the HEC themselves. Moreover, HEC is keeping an online record of attestations since a couple of years now, and WES validate the attestations from HEC. Maybe the record of your attested photocopies is not present in HEC database and thats why WES rejected them. I would advise you to get new attestations from HEC and go to their R&I Office to get them sealed in an envelope, and then send that envelope to WES.

Good luck.

alikhan83

Nov 13, 2017
WES explicitly say that the attested photocopies should be sealed in an ENVELOPE by the HEC themselves. Moreover, HEC is keeping an online record of attestations since a couple of years now, and WES validate the attestations from HEC. Maybe the record of your attested photocopies is not present in HEC database and thats why WES rejected them. I would advise you to get new attestations from HEC and go to their R&I Office to get them sealed in an envelope, and then send that envelope to WES.

Good luck.
That makes sense I guess. Thanks! Will give it another try this week