+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES CREDENTIALS ONLY (INDIAN) APPLICANTS JOIN HERE

jay_007

Jun 17, 2014
THE SUPER KING said:
WES Credentials for Indian applicants join here and share your experiences.
hi,

i am from INDIA and new here. would like a piece of advise from seniors

i have done b.com from delhi university (1994-2000), school of correspondence and MBA from EIILM University (2008-2010) which is a UGC approved private university. Also for the above years it was authorised to conduct distance learning courses approved by UGC-AIU-DEC, but have heard a lot of negative about this university.

Queries

1) Has anyone got a positive WES evaluation for EIILM university or ANY OTHER PRIVATE UNIVERSITY FROM INDIA ( it is not in the list of universities on wes website ) . And some immigration consultants have told me that even though private universities are on UGC website but still not entertained by WES.

2) Secondly, if a send my B.Com and MBa and GOD forbids, MBA is not evaluated POSITIVE by WES, will they then give a Equivalency certification for at least my bachelors in commerce stating that BACHELORS DEGREE IS EQUIVALENT TO CANADIAN Standards or they will just evaluate my MBA and send a report MBA not equivalent to canadian Equivalency certification . and i have to reapply to get atleast my bachelors equivalency certification.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: devang274

THE SUPER KING

Oct 5, 2012
HYDERABAD INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jay_007 said:
hi,

i am from INDIA and new here. would like a piece of advise from seniors

i have done b.com from delhi university (1994-2000), school of correspondence and MBA from EIILM University (2008-2010) which is a UGC approved private university. Also for the above years it was authorised to conduct distance learning courses approved by UGC-AIU-DEC, but have heard a lot of negative about this university.

Queries

1) Has anyone got a positive WES evaluation for EIILM university or ANY OTHER PRIVATE UNIVERSITY FROM INDIA ( it is not in the list of universities on wes website ) . And some immigration consultants have told me that even though private universities are on UGC website but still not entertained by WES.

2) Secondly, if a send my B.Com and MBa and GOD forbids, MBA is not evaluated POSITIVE by WES, will they then give a Equivalency certification for at least my bachelors in commerce stating that BACHELORS DEGREE IS EQUIVALENT TO CANADIAN Standards or they will just evaluate my MBA and send a report MBA not equivalent to canadian Equivalency certification . and i have to reapply to get atleast my bachelors equivalency certification.

Thanks in advance
Did you checked Delhi University is on the list of WES?

See you will get both evaluated B.COM & MBA but the thing is that if DU is on the list of WES you will get the institution status: "Recognized" in the ECA report, MBA is also get evaluated even if your university is not in the list of WES but you will get the Institution Status: "Non-Recognized" (Even WES says they research). In this situation your MBA might not get considered because It is from Non-recognized institution status and Canada never consider the qualifications from Non-recognized institution.

As per my opinion go forward and get evaluated only B.COM it is fine and calculate your points with bachelor's if you scoring 67 points then go ahead, already you wasted specious time from long time to think about this (as i know and don't go only with EIILM to get evaluated because University status got expired from DEC in India even your university is UGC recognized there is no value, and EIILM is not in the WES list)

asb30

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
14-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2015
LANDED..........
June end 2015
I absolutely agree with super king. If ur MBA uni is nt recognized on wes site, u won't get any credit for same. In that case, it wud be advised to only send bcom for evaluation is it is from DU which is reognized. If I u still want to try for MBA uni, dat wud further delay ur eca completion as wes would further research if Dats recognized or nt.

I have MBA from icfai uni which is Ugc approved. However, its nt there on wes site, so I just sent my bcom docs for eca which is from DU. Hope dat helps. ;)

jay_007

Jun 17, 2014
THE SUPER KING said:
Did you checked Delhi University is on the list of WES?

See you will get both evaluated B.COM & MBA but the thing is that if DU is on the list of WES you will get the institution status: "Recognized" in the ECA report, MBA is also get evaluated even if your university is not in the list of WES but you will get the Institution Status: "Non-Recognized" (Even WES says they research). In this situation your MBA might not get considered because It is from Non-recognized institution status and Canada never consider the qualifications from Non-recognized institution.

As per my opinion go forward and get evaluated only B.COM it is fine and calculate your points with bachelor's if you scoring 67 points then go ahead, already you wasted specious time from long time to think about this (as i know and don't go only with EIILM to get evaluated because University status got expired from DEC in India even your university is UGC recognized there is no value, and EIILM is not in the WES list)
Thanks super king for ur reply

But my question is if i send both b.com & mba for evaluation and MBA is not recognized by wes . would they be sending WES EVALUATION REPORT AS

1) MBA not recognised to canadian equivalency - taking into account my highest degree into consideration
or
2) B.Com recognised to canadian equivalency - NOT considering my highest degree and instead giving me positive equivalency according to my second degree that is Bachelors of commerce

or
3) MBA not recognised to canadian equivalency but B.Com recognised to canadian equivalency .

i am asking because my MBA course was recognised by DEC-UGC for the year i did it ( 2008-2010). and secondly if i pitch for both courses and they just recognise my B.Com then also i am not at loss, atleast i did pitch for both ( maybe 1% they will consider).

but if they go with option 1 and not recognising my MBA and not considering my second B.com degree and sending " MBA not recognised to canadian equivalency ", then that can be a problem .

that is what i want to now.
Thanks in advance

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
Waiting for the hard copy of report, got the evaluation completed on July 29th.

Aug 18, 2014
Could anyone tell me weather EIILM University is +ve with WES or not.
Can Anyone gets +ve report on this. :mad: :'(

Need Help my contact number is 8510000451

harjotsingh87

Nov 25, 2014
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and targeting to apply for EE 2015 program. Can someone please confirm if regular MBA from ICFAI BUSINESS SCHOOL (recognized by ICFAI Dehradun) will be eligible to earn Master's equivalent points?

Thanks in Advance,
Harry

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
harjotsingh87 said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and targeting to apply for EE 2015 program. Can someone please confirm if regular MBA from ICFAI BUSINESS SCHOOL (recognized by ICFAI Dehradun) will be eligible to earn Master's equivalent points?

Thanks in Advance,
Harry
IBS mumbai- got evaluated as recognised masters

harjotsingh87

Nov 25, 2014
Thanks Deyka for your response. One more quesiton, i have done CFA (US) as well as CFA (ICFAI), does any one of them count?

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
harjotsingh87 said:
Thanks Deyka for your response. One more quesiton, i have done CFA (US) as well as CFA (ICFAI), does any one of them count?
Doesn't now the max point is for PhD...but with EE it may..
However wes doesn't evaluate professional degrees like cfa ..

ankitsaxena

Oct 15, 2014
Regina
Category........
AINP
deyka said:
IBS mumbai- got evaluated as recognised masters
Hi Deyka ,
I Did MBA from IBS Ahmedabad. Can you please guide me with the process you followed for WES Evaluation.

Thanks in Advance

giri_pra

Apr 17, 2015
Hi harjotsingh87, can you tell me if your ICFAI Dehradun masters was recognized. I too hold one and need to know if WES was able to recognize it.

Thanks

Apr 23, 2015
hi
I am new to this forum seeking help regarding my credential evaluation. I have recently shifted from india. i have done MBA from Thapar University, Patiala, punjab, India and wanted my degree to be evaluated so that i could start my career here in canada. i was registering in WES for evaluation and couldn't find my University. Thapar is an old and registered university under UGC but anyhow i can't find it and even MBA is not under higher education. what should i do.. am i doing it under wrong program or services or WES doesn't do evaluation for MBA ?
Or should i opt some other website for evaluation?
please help.
Thanks
Aakrity

pr1711

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/<b>Colombo</b>
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
<b>Oct 09th 2014</b>
Doc's Request.
May 13th 2015
Nomination.....
<b>(PER):</b> Jan 15th 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 13th 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
<b>SLU:</b> May 01st 2015: Started processing on Apr 28th 2015
Med's Request
May 14th 2015
Med's Done....
May 20th 2015 || <b>Third Line: </b>May 28th 2015 || <b>Decision Made: </b>June 27th 2015
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
[color=#D4A017] <b>July 30th 2015</b>[/color] <b>
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 16th 2015
aakrity bhardwaj said:
hi
I am new to this forum seeking help regarding my credential evaluation. I have recently shifted from india. i have done MBA from Thapar University, Patiala, punjab, India and wanted my degree to be evaluated so that i could start my career here in canada. i was registering in WES for evaluation and couldn't find my University. Thapar is an old and registered university under UGC but anyhow i can't find it and even MBA is not under higher education. what should i do.. am i doing it under wrong program or services or WES doesn't do evaluation for MBA ?
Or should i opt some other website for evaluation?
please help.
Thanks
Aakrity
Hi Aakrity,

have you tried using free degree equivalency tool ? MBA is mentioned in the list but university name mentioned is Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. I can't say if both the universities are different or same.

Regards.