+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Canada Final Payment (HST to be included or Not) ???

letsgo_canada

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to complete my WES Canada Application form online. But in the payment page I am getting two options

Your Selection Below will determine your eligibility to pay Harmonized Sales Tax as required by Excise Tax Act.

1.I am not a resident of Canada for purposes of the Excise Tax act and I am not registered under that Act.
2. I am a resident of Canada for purposes of the Excise Tax act and I am registered under that Act.

Selecting option 1: the bill amount comes as $200 + $7 + $0 = $207
Selecting option 2: The bill amount comes as $200 +$7 + $26.91 = $233.91

In all the demo videos in the internet , they are getting $233.91 as the final amount with the HST selected by default.

Can somebody please help on the right option to choose. Any help is highly appreciated as I am not able to complete the application form without this information

Note: I am from India

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to complete my WES Canada Application form online. But in the payment page I am getting two options

Your Selection Below will determine your eligibility to pay Harmonized Sales Tax as required by Excise Tax Act.

1.I am not a resident of Canada for purposes of the Excise Tax act and I am not registered under that Act.
2. I am a resident of Canada for purposes of the Excise Tax act and I am registered under that Act.

In all the demo videos in the internet , they are getting $233.91 as the final amount with the HST selected by default.

Can somebody please help on the right option to choose. Any help is highly appreciated as I am not able to complete the application form without this information

Regards
Ashis
Isn't it obvious?? Are you a resident of Canada?

letsgo_canada

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Yes I know. But all of my friends paid $233.91. and they did not get any such option to select the tax. SO just wanted to make sure I am selecting the right option.

So i am just worried that in case of paying an amount of $207(by selecting the first option) might lead to rejection of my application.

Please advise... bdw did you get any such option on your case??

Thanks

letsgo_canada

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Yes I know. But all of my friends paid $233.91. and they did not get any such option to select the tax. SO just wanted to make sure I am selecting the right option.

So i am just worried that in case of paying an amount of $207(by selecting the first option) might lead to rejection of my application.

Please advise... bdw did you get any such option on your case??

Thanks
Thanks a lot for the quick response..Could you please share your thoughts ??

tonjoe99

Aug 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,

you should select "option 1" since you are not a resident of canada. However if you select option 2 you can request for a refund later

jain_akhil1988

Feb 2, 2019
Hey,
I read that you chose option 1. was that the correct option. Did you get the Transcripts without paying the Tax?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Everyone,