+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES BCom Mumbai University- SOS

blac

Sep 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have had my Mumbai university BCom (2008) documents returned twice from WES and the reason being -
  • Reason: Document was not received in accordance with WES stated document requirements.

Instructions: Mark sheets for years 1 and 2 of your study program (semesters 1-4) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 3 must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.
And this is what i did-

The first time- Took a sealed envelope from Bhavans college, Andheri with year 1,2 and 3 transcripts and mailed it to WES. Also went to Mumbai university in Kalina, Santacruz and got third year Mumbai university marksheet verified there and got a sealed envelope from them and mailed it to WES.

These envelopes were not accepted by WES and they gave me the above reason.The Bhavans college documents were signed by the Principal. Both envelopes were sealed too.

The second time- The only difference in this attempt was that i removed year 3 transcript from the Bhavans envelope and did all the the other steps same as above. This attempt didn't work too.

Clearly i'm doing something wrong and need advice. Thank you everyone.

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Hello,
Get your marksheets verified, not transcripts. If you had internal exams for year 1 and 2 then only get your marksheets verified from your college. If all your exams were conducted by Mumbai university then get all your marksheets verified from Mumbai university itself.

Verification by Mumbai university is not done at kalina. It is done at Churchgate, near sydenham College. Take two copies of each marksheet and an envelope, also the originals. They will keep one and verify the other and return it to you with the envelope sealed, within 4-5 days.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: CANPRI

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Bhai. For years 1 & 2 get transcripts for college. For year 3 take your original marksheets and convocation and their photocopies to the university office next to Sydenham college at Churchgate. They’ll attest and seal the third year marksheets and the convocation for you.

Edit: don’t forget to carry the green lined envelope with you.

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Hello,
Get your marksheets verified, not transcripts. If you had internal exams for year 1 and 2 then only get your marksheets verified from your college. If all your exams were conducted by Mumbai university then get all your marksheets verified from Mumbai university itself.

Verification by Mumbai university is not done at kalina. It is done at Churchgate, near sydenham College. Take two copies of each marksheet and an envelope, also the originals. They will keep one and verify the other and return it to you with the envelope sealed, within 4-5 days.

Hope it helps.
They need the convocation too.

blac

Sep 23, 2017
Hello,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes for year 1 and 2, the exams were conducted by the college and hence i got the transcripts from college and sent to wes in sealed envelope

Year 3 was conducted by Mumbai university and i was getting this marksheet verfied from Kalina campus by paying fees of around Rs. 1300 and waiting for 20 days :( . This was the second sealed envelope i sent. It had a small cover letter for WES. Followed by my xerox copy of mark sheet with verified stamp on the back side and placed in a Mumbai university envelope.

I have 2 questions-

Q1. What is the difference between the Kalina and churchgate campus?

Q2. The year 1 and 2 college marksheets/ transcripts do they have to be placed in Mumbai university envelope before sealing ?

Thanks again

blac

Sep 23, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes for year 1 and 2, the exams were conducted by the college and hence i got the transcripts from college and sent to wes in sealed envelope

Year 3 was conducted by Mumbai university and i was getting this marksheet verfied from Kalina campus by paying fees of around Rs. 1300 and waiting for 20 days :( . This was the second sealed envelope i sent. It had a small cover letter for WES. Followed by my xerox copy of mark sheet with verified stamp on the back side and placed in a Mumbai university envelope.

I have 2 questions-

Q1. What is the difference between the Kalina and churchgate campus?

Q2. The year 1 and 2 college marksheets/ transcripts do they have to be placed in Mumbai university envelope before sealing ? or just send it as seperate envelope from college?

Thanks again

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Bro You’re talking about sealed transcripts. You don’t need those. And I really don’t know how Kalina didn’t guide you. But, the stamping for WES can be done only at the Churchgate campus. If you had gone to the main building the guy at the enquiry counter would have immediately guided you.

Anyway. You’re still missing the important point. YOUR CONVOCATION!!

Okay I’ll give you the steps.

1. Get sealed transcripts or attested photocopies in a sealed envelope for years 1 and 2 from your college.
-Transcripts are preferred, but, need to contain individual subject scores. If not get attested marksheets sealed into the same envelope.

2. Take originals and a set of 2 photocopies of your third year marksheets and youR CONVOCATION to the Churchgate campus. You have to fill up a small form and they’ll do the rest. The max they charge is rs. 100 (depends on the number of Marksheets.) they’ll give it to you in approx. 5 working days.

3. Take the sealed envelope they give you and put it in a bigger envelope with your year one and two transcripts which you got from college and send it.

That’s all.

Reactions: sandycan10 and blac

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Hello,
I don't know if there's a difference between kalina and Churchgate, but my wife got her 3,4,5th year marksheets and degree attested from Churchgate. She has done b. Arch. so her first two years were internals as well. Turnaround time was 4-5 days. That's the information I found from different sources online, that Churchgate is the place to get this done. She also mentioned there were quite a few others there who were getting it done for WES.

No don't put the ones you get from your college in Mumbai university envelope. Use different envelopes for Mumbai university and college. Mention your Wes reference number on all the envelopes. Put both the envelopes in one larger one and mention your reference number on that as well.

That's what we did for my wife's credentials and documents were accepted the first time itself. Hope everything works out for you this time around.

Just read what husain has posted after typing. He has put it nicely in steps. Follow that and you should not have a problem. But remember put your reference number on all the envelopes.

Reactions: blac

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
That's not correct. I got mine done from Kalina. The difference between the two univ branches is that for documents older than 10 yrs you have to go to Kalina .
As you say.

Btw. I passed my bcom in 2002.

Reactions: blac

blac

Sep 23, 2017
The bhavans college transcripts are signed by the principal.. would that be a problem? I asked them if the registrar or controller of exams can sign instead.. but the college refused and said the Principal is higher in designation and that i would not have any problem

blac

Sep 23, 2017
Thank you everyone for all your comments. Ok, so this is what i'm going to do now!

Attempt 3

step1 - get my year 1 and 2 marksheets attested by the college (not transcripts this time). Get this envelope sealed by Bhavans college and send to WES. (Principal sign okay ?)

step 2- Get my Year 3 university mark sheet and degree certificate attested from churchgate campus of MU and send to WES.

WES has already accepted my degree certificate. They are just waiting for my statement of marks.

Would this be okay guys ? (final check)

Regards

HusainS

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Bombay
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa/New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2017
AOR Received.
17-06-2017
File Transfer...
09-08-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
Thank you everyone for all your comments. Ok, so this is what i'm going to do now!

Attempt 3

step1 - get my year 1 and 2 marksheets attested by the college (not transcripts this time). Get this envelope sealed by Bhavans college and send to WES. (Principal sign okay ?)

step 2- Get my Year 3 university mark sheet and degree certificate attested from churchgate campus of MU and send to WES.

WES has already accepted my degree certificate. They are just waiting for my statement of marks.

Regards
Sounds good. All the best.

joy01

Jul 31, 2014

Attempt 3

Regards
Hi, I suggest u send to WES your 1st and 2nd year transcripts too, instead of just attested marksheets.
I did the same i.e. attested marksheets for year 1 and 2 from R.D. National college and MU churchgate attested marksheets for year 3 of my B.Com.
They rejected it.
Sad part is they do NOT tell you which document is missing. I had followed all instructions on WES site and posts on this forum and submitted all attested marksheets. I sent them an email asking them to name the documents that's missing, to which they replied 'Further information is present in My Account section when you log in'. All that section contained was: we have received documents for partial study and are missing some documents.
After 4 rounds of such mail exhanges, they still have just told me that 'statement if marks' is missing, not of which year.
So I have decided to send them transcripts of year 1 and 2 as well, assuming 'statement of marks' = college issued transcripts.
Hoping for acceptance this time.