+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES: Attestation Verification/ Re-Verification process

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Sir/ Madam,

have got a question on the "Attestation Verification/ Re-Verification process, as below.

I had applied for the WES equivalency for my indian "Madras University" degree certificates, by sending them the sealed transcripts (that i had got from "Madras University" a year back). WES accepted it, but said that they are putting my application on hold and going for a re-verification with "Madras University". WES said that they have sent both an email and postal to "Madras University" for re-verification. It's been more than a week and i thought i would followup with the Univerity of Madras. Also, WES said that since the email should have reached on the same day, you could followup with the University on this. So, I requested my brother to check with USAB/Controller of Examinations in the university, on this. When he inquired with the University on this, they say that they haven't received any emails from the WES at all and they never heard of such a re-verification process at all. Also, they are asking for the email address, to which the WES had sent that email. Speaking to WES, they are saying that they won't reveal that email address and it is very very confidential. So, now .... WES is saying that they have sent the email and University of Madras is saying that they didn't receive that email. What am i supposed to do now ? Please share me your thoughts. Thank You so much.

bye !!

TCS156127

Jan 6, 2019
Chennai
I too have the same issue like George. Please could someone help us....

My wife got attestation from 'University of Madras' for 1. UG Mark Sheet, 2. UG Degree Certificate 3. PG Degree certificate (all three in one single envelope) and,
4. PG Marksheet attested by Ethiraj women's college (in a separate sealed envelope).

Her UG documents were accepted by WES but the satus for her PG documents is now "Status: On hold, We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents."

Now, she needs to contact University of madras for PG degree certificate verification and Ethiraj college for PG mark sheet verification???? But WES sent the below information.
-----------------------
Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Your institution requires a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials. Please send your payment directly to the institution. Do not send payment to WES. It will be returned to you.
--------------------------

Could anyone who has already gone thru this process confirm how can we proceed further? Thanks.

Divyav123

Jan 1, 2019
I too have the same issue like George. Please could someone help us....

My wife got attestation from 'University of Madras' for 1. UG Mark Sheet, 2. UG Degree Certificate 3. PG Degree certificate (all three in one single envelope) and,
4. PG Marksheet attested by Ethiraj women's college (in a separate sealed envelope).

Her UG documents were accepted by WES but the satus for her PG documents is now "Status: On hold, We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents."

Now, she needs to contact University of madras for PG degree certificate verification and Ethiraj college for PG mark sheet verification???? But WES sent the below information.
-----------------------
Due to the increased incidence of fraud, WES conducts a secondary verification of documents. This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to University of Madras. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution.

Your institution requires a fee in order to verify the authenticity of your credentials. Please send your payment directly to the institution. Do not send payment to WES. It will be returned to you.
--------------------------

Could anyone who has already gone thru this process confirm how can we proceed further? Thanks.

@TCS156127

Any progress on your application after this post? Mine too is on hold!

ashokdc19

Dec 7, 2018
Hi Sir/ Madam,

have got a question on the "Attestation Verification/ Re-Verification process, as below.

I had applied for the WES equivalency for my indian "Madras University" degree certificates, by sending them the sealed transcripts (that i had got from "Madras University" a year back). WES accepted it, but said that they are putting my application on hold and going for a re-verification with "Madras University". WES said that they have sent both an email and postal to "Madras University" for re-verification. It's been more than a week and i thought i would followup with the Univerity of Madras. Also, WES said that since the email should have reached on the same day, you could followup with the University on this. So, I requested my brother to check with USAB/Controller of Examinations in the university, on this. When he inquired with the University on this, they say that they haven't received any emails from the WES at all and they never heard of such a re-verification process at all. Also, they are asking for the email address, to which the WES had sent that email. Speaking to WES, they are saying that they won't reveal that email address and it is very very confidential. So, now .... WES is saying that they have sent the email and University of Madras is saying that they didn't receive that email. What am i supposed to do now ? Please share me your thoughts. Thank You so much.

bye !!

ashokdc19

Dec 7, 2018
Hello All,
I too facing the same problem. My Master degree is held for re-evaluation which is requested by WES from Bharathidasan University. I have been chasing the people for 1 month. but, no response from them. They are not picking my call and sent 100 emails then no response too. Does anyone faces the same problem then Let me know how did you resolve this issue. I am ready to pay 100$ again which is not mandatory.

Regards,
Ashok.dc19@gmail.com

nitmano

Nov 24, 2020
Hi George, Actually I am facing the same issue for my Wife’s certificates. I know it’s too late to ask, still we’re to able to tackle the issue?

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
just saw your post, what is the issue you are facing. is it about getting credentials to WES.
May be contact mailtranscripts.com (not sure if my suggestion is relevant to you, but thought of dropping you message).

CEC_Candidate2000

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
Hi George, Actually I am facing the same issue for my Wife’s certificates. I know it’s too late to ask, still we’re to able to tackle the issue?
I had faced this issue with my spouse Masters degree. after masters degree was sent from University to WES, they did Reverification.
WES sends email and post. We got hold of University and asked them to reply over email(which is quicker).

nitmano

Nov 24, 2020
Hi Rahul, WES received the dockets and they have asked ucity for secondary verification. Now am chasing Madras ucity for any updates on receiving a mail from WES, but so far the feedback from them is negative.

nitmano

Nov 24, 2020
I had faced this issue with my spouse Masters degree. after masters degree was sent from University to WES, they did Reverification.
WES sends email and post. We got hold of University and asked them to reply over email(which is quicker).
Oh i see. So, best way is to go to ucity and enquire.