+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES assessment query

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hello.

Does anyone know what criteria WES use to assess a credential, i.e study hours, institutions type.
I have a certificate (quite a rare one as it was discontinued) that’s equivalent to a BTEC national diploma. I have seen everywhere that WES assess my credential and the BTEC as a Canadian diploma of two years.

The slight worry i have is despite it coming under ‘further education’ SOME high schools got the chance to offer it and mine was one of them. Surely in this unusual case, WES would not penalise me and say “well he did it in a school not a post secondary college” as the “academic weight” of the qualification is still post secondary and gives access to University just like a canadian college diploma does. I would be devastated to get a lower assessment than others for the same credential.

I also thought that some clever people do their degree in 2 years instead of the intended 3 but WES could not penalise them surely? So logically i should be the same? Maybe i should email them and add this context while they do my EVA?

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
You can try some other evaluation agency like IQAS, ICES, BCIT or CES.
I emailed IQAS and they said it was high school, however i have read online they’ve had a lot of inconsistencies with their grading and people warning not to use them.

The people that got it as a diploma all went through WES and CES, so i guess i’ll send a copy to CES too. Shame it takes 3 months and no one seems to offer a premium fast track service.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I emailed IQAS and they said it was high school, however i have read online they’ve had a lot of inconsistencies with their grading and people warning not to use them.

The people that got it as a diploma all went through WES and CES, so i guess i’ll send a copy to CES too. Shame it takes 3 months and no one seems to offer a premium fast track service.

CES, IQAS and ICES used to offer rush services, and one had to pay $400-500 extra for rush service, however, all of them stopped offering rush services in 2017 and 2018. You could go with any of them, WES or CES, both are equally good and take similar time.

Addzz120

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
CES, IQAS and ICES used to offer rush services, and one had to pay $400-500 extra for rush service, however, all of them stopped offering rush services in 2017 and 2018. You could go with any of them, WES or CES, both are equally good and take similar time.
Thanks a lot, i’ll go with WES and CES then and pray one of them gives me the same outcome as the others with my credential.

Lakmina3000

Nov 12, 2019
NIE sri lanka Teaching course. 02 year academic and 01 year training in school , is thr any one did WES or any other institute evaluation ???