+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES and UT-CES timelines

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hi guys,

Here's the timeline and current turnaround for ECA at WES and Univ Toronto in case anyone's waiting/deciding which service to use. My undergrad and grad degrees were from US universities, and transcripts were directly sent from my schools to these two services.

UT-CES
My online application was submitted on February 20, 2019 and university transcripts were delivered on February 27, 2019.

Initial Review In Progress: March 6, 2019 (I got an email from them saying they'd gotten my transcripts and that they were under review).
Transcript(s) Received: May 3, 2019 (Apparently transcript received isn't just receiving it via mail. It also involves verification and review. Hence the long gap between the two statuses).
Initial Review Complete: May 8, 2019
Assessment In Progress: May 14, 2019
Application Decision Made: May 20, 2019
(I got an email with PDF version of the ECA on May 20, 2019)
Decision Dispatched: May 21, 2019

Their process took exactly 12 weeks (as mentioned on their website). For the longest time my application status didn't change, and then things happened in quick succession. I called them a couple of times during the 12 week period and was assured both times that they'd send the report out within the prescribed timeline. Their help-center staff was friendly and polite, and I didn't really have any issues getting my documents to them.

However, since my application was "dormant" (atleast it seemed that way) for quite a while, I got impatient/restless and ended up applying for an ECA through WES also.

WES
Application submitted: March 29, 2019
Transcripts received: April 12, 2019
Assessment in progress: May 7, 2019 (We are reviewing your evaluation and your report is due for completion on 05/17/2019)
PDF copy received: May 21, 2019
ECA dispatched email: May 21, 2019

I did have to email them on May 18 since the completion date had passed; and I got my electronic ECA a couple of days after that.

WES is faster for sure. But if you're having issues with applications being put on hold, I'd check out CES. They seem pretty good about sticking to their 12 week timeline.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

syedmujeeb01

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
CES : Transcripts received -Sep 14 2019
Initial review in progress - Oct 4 2019
No update after this :(
Dear

expect your assessment outcome in 1st week of Jan 2020. Becuase, my transcripts received on 25 Aug and today I got an update that my assessmenet done. Unfortunately, they dont issue any soft copy so again you will have to wait until hard copy reaches you on your postal address.

jnicoles1

Oct 30, 2018
Dear

expect your assessment outcome in 1st week of Jan 2020. Becuase, my transcripts received on 25 Aug and today I got an update that my assessmenet done. Unfortunately, they dont issue any soft copy so again you will have to wait until hard copy reaches you on your postal address.
On Nov29 status changed to "Assessment in progress" and last two steps are pending . I gave my friends address in Canada for transcripts delivery. lets see how it goes