+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Academic Request form

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

WES Academic Records Request form has a field 'Institution Name'. Should I have to fill in College name or the University name in this field ?
My question may sound silly, but still to be on safer side, I need to clarify this point.

Please help at the earliest. Thanks

Jubair Azaz

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
1123 (Professional in Advertising, Marketing & PR)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
08-07-2015 (RPRF & PP Bio Page)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
20-05-2015
Med's Request
08-07-2015
Med's Done....
12-07-2015
Passport Req..
25-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2016 (Tentative Flying Date)
sush80 said:
Hello All,

WES Academic Records Request form has a field 'Institution Name'. Should I have to fill in College name or the University name in this field ?
My question may sound silly, but still to be on safer side, I need to clarify this point.

Hello,

you should write the name of the degree awarding institute, for example if you are sending your bachelor degree for credential then you should write the name of the university from which you got that bachelor..

thanks....

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Mr. Jubair for the reply.

I need clarification on another point regarding Autonomous college WES ECA procedure which I have posted as separate topic in the forum but no response till now.

Here is the question:

Hello All,

I have studied in Autonomous college which is affiliated to Bharathiar University. After googling a lot, going through WES website and several forum questions, I must admit that the ECA procedure and the required documents checklist is not well explained for Autonomous college.
Following is my understanding of the required documents:

1. Get attestation on individual Semester Mark sheets and Consolidated mark sheet from the Autonomous college
2. Take the attested mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet to the university and get transcripts and attested degree certificate from the university
3. Ask the university to fill in WES Transcript request form (2nd half of the form and get it signed and sealed)
4. Place all the documents (attested marksheets, consolidated marksheet, transcripts, degree certificate and WES transcript request form) in an envelop and ask university to seal and sign the envelop.
5. Send the envelop to WES.

Now my question is, should I have to get transcripts from the autonomous college for semester mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet before going to the university ? Or should I just get attestation from autonomous college on semester mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet before taking them to university ?

My autonomous college is charging a huge amount in case of issuing transcripts for mark sheets, where as for just attestation, they do not charge anything. Moreover, who should attest on the mark sheet from the autonomous college - Controller of Examination or Principal of the college ?

Please clarify on the above as I am a newbie and currently stuck up here. Thanks

Could you please throw some light on this point as well. Thanks in advance.

canvisatsu

Nov 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sush80 said:
Thank you Mr. Jubair for the reply.

I need clarification on another point regarding Autonomous college WES ECA procedure which I have posted as separate topic in the forum but no response till now.

Here is the question:

Hello All,

I have studied in Autonomous college which is affiliated to Bharathiar University. After googling a lot, going through WES website and several forum questions, I must admit that the ECA procedure and the required documents checklist is not well explained for Autonomous college.
Following is my understanding of the required documents:

1. Get attestation on individual Semester Mark sheets and Consolidated mark sheet from the Autonomous college
2. Take the attested mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet to the university and get transcripts and attested degree certificate from the university
3. Ask the university to fill in WES Transcript request form (2nd half of the form and get it signed and sealed)
4. Place all the documents (attested marksheets, consolidated marksheet, transcripts, degree certificate and WES transcript request form) in an envelop and ask university to seal and sign the envelop.
5. Send the envelop to WES.

Now my question is, should I have to get transcripts from the autonomous college for semester mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet before going to the university ? Or should I just get attestation from autonomous college on semester mark sheets and consolidated mark sheet before taking them to university ?

My autonomous college is charging a huge amount in case of issuing transcripts for mark sheets, where as for just attestation, they do not charge anything. Moreover, who should attest on the mark sheet from the autonomous college - Controller of Examination or Principal of the college ?

Please clarify on the above as I am a newbie and currently stuck up here. Thanks

Could you please throw some light on this point as well. Thanks in advance.
Original marksheet should be fine foruniversity. Also controller of Examiner should sig the Transcript...

WISHLAD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Is it mandatory to put this request form along with the transcript in a sealed envelope?

Is it ok if the university is ready to send the transcript in a sealed envelope to WES without this request form?

sush80

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can the Principal of Autonomous college also attest the marksheets (as Principal is ranked above Controller of Examinations of the college)?

Will WES accept transcripts attested by Principal of Autonomous college when Degree certificate is attested by University Controller of Examinations ?

Please clarify asap.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
First of all, check WES online assessment tool, to see whether the results satisfy your needs. (This is important)

Now following are the statements, that are given in WES site, regarding to your Q's and General Facts gathered.

1. Mark sheets attested by persons outside the Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will NOT be accepted.
2. WES requires that all documents be issued and attested by the Controller of Examinations.
3. College-issued and attested mark sheets will NOT be accepted unless it was and still an autonomous college during the period of study.
4. In TN all certificates are verified through directverify.in, see if there is that service available for your college and university, After this process you've to go in to get it sealed and signed with a cover and the academic records request forms to be attached.
5. If required, Transcripts for programs attended in Autonomous Colleges are provided from College itself, Not from Universities.
6. Autonomous colleges do not award final degrees, the affiliated university does it; It is only said that marks sheets alone attested by the autonomous college is acceptable, In some cases colleges also offer to attest the degree certificate.
7. Yes, you've to attach "Academic Records Request form", Even if the University is ready to send your documents without it.

ambivert1

Aug 1, 2017
First of all, check WES online assessment tool, to see whether the results satisfy your needs. (This is important)

Now following are the statements, that are given in WES site, regarding to your Q's and General Facts gathered.

1. Mark sheets attested by persons outside the Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will NOT be accepted.
2. WES requires that all documents be issued and attested by the Controller of Examinations.
3. College-issued and attested mark sheets will NOT be accepted unless it was and still an autonomous college during the period of study.
4. In TN all certificates are verified through directverify.in, see if there is that service available for your college and university, After this process you've to go in to get it sealed and signed with a cover and the academic records request forms to be attached.
5. If required, Transcripts for programs attended in Autonomous Colleges are provided from College itself, Not from Universities.
6. Autonomous colleges do not award final degrees, the affiliated university does it; It is only said that marks sheets alone attested by the autonomous college is acceptable, In some cases colleges also offer to attest the degree certificate.
7. Yes, you've to attach "Academic Records Request form", Even if the University is ready to send your documents without it.
So, In case of Autonomous colleges, don't we have to get the Convocation Certificate attested by the University? Because it was awarded by the University. So attestation of final consolidated marksheet given by the Autonomous college is all that is required? Thanks for your time.

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
So, In case of Autonomous colleges, don't we have to get the Convocation Certificate attested by the University? Because it was awarded by the University. So attestation of final consolidated marksheet given by the Autonomous college is all that is required? Thanks for your time.
You need Provisional Certificate or Original Degree as well

Nayansatsangi

Dec 13, 2017
Hello All,

Hello..Please guide me too on this point....
I completed Engineering for 4 years from SIMS which is affiliated to RGPV.
Please guide whether I should fill college name or university name in Institution Name field in Academic records page.

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Hello..Please guide me too on this point....
I completed Engineering for 4 years from SIMS which is affiliated to RGPV.
Please guide whether I should fill college name or university name in Institution Name field in Academic records page.
University which issued your certificate

admad

Feb 20, 2018
hello All,
I have my BS and MS degree attested and sealed by HEC. Now WES form says get it done from institute as well. Do I need it or HEC verfication in enough?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Can somebody provide details of good 3rd party agency in India who can coordinate with University and send transcripts in a quick manner? I cannot come to India