+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Were is my PR card

Shirly

Mar 8, 2021
Hello my spouse got approved and got his congratulations COPR LETTER I am so happy but only thing is we got the letter April 18 and now it's October 5 still haven't received PR Card yet or anything else what's next are we supposed to go somewhere to get it or wait it out

Also for sin and health card still waiting on those as well

We didn't get anything for a interview nothing are we supposed to go somewhere to get the or card or something

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You can use your COPR for the first year to get your SIN number. Not sure about health card requirements in each province.

Did you give them a permanent address in Canada when you made your landing?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
You can use your COPR for the first year to get your SIN number. Not sure about health card requirements in each province.

Pretty sure COPR can be used for health card, at least in Ontario.

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Hello my spouse got approved and got his congratulations COPR LETTER I am so happy but only thing is we got the letter April 18 and now it's October 5 still haven't received PR Card yet or anything else what's next are we supposed to go somewhere to get it or wait it out

Also for sin and health card still waiting on those as well

We didn't get anything for a interview nothing are we supposed to go somewhere to get the or card or something
Did you link your PR Card application to your GCKey?
COPR is valid for SIN
As others have said, COPR is also valid for the health card Also in Quebec

Shirly

Mar 8, 2021

Yes I applied for my sin with the paper but gotten a paper sin card isn't it supposed to be hard copy they should be sending in mail BC she did say we gotta wait in mail but it's been months I only have a paper form which she started its temporary

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
COPR showing that you have recently landed is often enough for a health card. If you are using an old COPR you will likely need more proof.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I applied for my sin with the paper but gotten a paper sin card isn't it supposed to be hard copy they should be sending in mail BC she did say we gotta wait in mail but it's been months I only have a paper form which she started its temporary
Don’t think they send cards with your SIN anymore. You shouldn’t be keeping your SIN in your wallet.

Reactions: Shirly

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They don’t do plastic SIN cards anymore. The paper copy is your SIN. Don’t loose it.

Reactions: Shirly

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I keep it inside my Vault in attack
People stupidly kept the cards in their wallets so they got rid of the cards. Others keep keep a paper with their number in their wallet. If someone stole your wallet with your ID and SIN# they can steal your identity so all the suggestions to keep it safe and leave it at home is just good advice.

Shirly

Mar 8, 2021
They don’t do plastic SIN cards anymore. The paper copy is your SIN. Don’t loose it.
I won't it's safe in a vault
People stupidly kept the cards in their wallets so they got rid of the cards. Others keep keep a paper with their number in their wallet. If someone stole your wallet with your ID and SIN# they can steal your identity so all the suggestions to keep it safe and leave it at home is just good advice.
Ya home is were it's always safe to be