+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Well then let's talk about it in detalils(ex post- a real shame)

Luca73

Jul 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So it's ok, let's change topics again having seen that you take it in such a funny way. I changed the topic to Ok because i thought that you were not ready to "vent"(as you say) against this immigration system that is unjust. DOT

Canada is a huge and beautiful civilized tolerant and openminded and so far my opinion has always been very very good. everything to me seemed to work in a very nice, smooth, reliable and INTELLIGENT way.We are talking about processing times here : 2 days to get a birth certificate, 5 days to get a passport(for my daughter), 2 weeks for inserting a marriage certificate 3 days to get a copy of an act. at least in the quebec province, at provincial and at federal level things seem to work very well. so at first it seemed weird to me that for immigrating in the family class, being married with a canadian citizen and having a canadian daughter THE FATHER OF THE CANADIAN FAMILY MUST WAIT FOR YEARS BEFORE GETTING A WORK PERMIT?. I lived in countries where bureaucracy is rampant and slows everything and that'S the usually the big cause of a failure of a country. Until now the impression i had was that Canada was much more straightforward, flexible, pragmatic country and i still think it is.

But from all the posts i have read in this forum i sense tension, it'S like we have to walk on eggshells. a single small omission in an application will cause a refusal and you will have to wait in line for months if not years. Should we live like that? an Immigration officer has really the power of destroying your life?. I have read posts in this forum of abuses of powers and voices of despair. I'm sure that there are people who enter the country with the intention of screwing the system and the citizens but most of us are genuinely in a relation and are just willing to make our life easier for us and our loved ones(CANADIAN CITIZENS)

Im not the manager of CIC but i have the impression that yes, they have to employ more people or if they don't want to employ more it is better if they find a way to speed up the process

So far, Everytime i have requesteed a paper, form, publicity or whatever from the canadian governmentt , three days later it's in the mailbox.In no other country in the world except a few this happens. They send you tax return checks at the end of the month, money back right away if you overpaid your taxes!!!That looks lke the most honest and fast, no questions asked, reliable system in the world . letters of acknoledgment of receipt? two days later they call you from whatever office telling you that they received your papers.

So my question is
WHY DOES THIS NOT HAPPEN WITH IMMIGRATION?

somebody in this forum said that it has to do with the number of applications submitted.....maybe.....

400.000 applications a year? well you have to employ more people!!!!!I'm sorry but thats the way to go if you still want to use paper applications and ask us to be perfect(ROBOT LIKE) in the form filling. if we make a mistake at least we will know after 2 weeks and not after 2 years.....NO?

I had enough of bureaucracy,This is the third country i have lived in and i am not new to immigration.

You know that in this world of technology very soon papers are going to disappear?,in the near future everything will be submitted online(probably even digital prints) and for that matter i had put a post the other day on this forum where i was asking if anybody had seen that on the CIC website they were accepting applications online for work permits(for in Canada applications). It applied also for spouses of canadian citizens and it didn't talk about first stage of approval. I dont know maybe it would be too easy or unreal maybe i didn't read the rules well on their website...anyway nobody answered to that post so i will call CIC these days to ask them if that is true. if it'S true then i will let you know.
I finish my post saying that the reason why i got angry is because i love Canada and i don't want to see application processing times or officers abuses typical of third world countries being applied to this beautiful incredible tolerant humanly open like Canada

VIVE LE CANADA. UP WITH CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s. This is a free country,am i allowed to say what i want? Politicians fight in parliament and i cannot even "vent"(as you say) about injustices that i see? to get better results you have to do something you cannot just accept anything otherwise there is no growth

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
By all means...vent away!

What you did on your post before was act like a child. You blamed this forum, used foul language, and basically had a tantrum that things weren't going your way. Then you said you were leaving.

I get that you were frustrated.

Now, the adult part of you has returned and you wrote a very compelling post. Having been born in Canada and not lived in any other countries, I never even thought about the efficiency of the Canadian Government. You are correct that efficiency is sorely lacking in the Immigration Department. I think we all agree that there needs to be some immigration reform.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
First of all - yes - everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinion even if others disagree. I know there are people who will disagree with my point of view and they have every right to do so. :)

I suppose I feel there are two sides to every story...

The government could absolutely do a better job of processing applications and other paperwork. And yes - sometimes wrong/bad decisions are made. I also agree that the non-savable PDF forms make it very difficult for applicatants given the amount of information that has to be collected and entered. Surely in this day and age a better process could be put in place. On the other hand, one of the reason why the process is so cumbersome is thanks to the number of people who have tried (and in some cases succeeded) in cheating the system over the years. If everyone was honest - we wouldn't need this level of bureaucracy. Unfortunately some people lie and that has ruined it for the rest of us. The level of bureaucracy was lower 15/20 years ago - and it has certainly increased at least partially in response to people's behaviour. It's like the passcard I have to use to get into my office each day. The passcard is a pain in the *ss. When I accidentally leave it at home, it takes forever to be allowed in since they have to call a special guard and I have to show several pieces of ID to confirm who I am and prove that I'm allowed to be there. The passcard process wasn't put in place for fun. It was put in place because people were stealing stuff. That's the harsh reality.

I think the question of increasing staffing to speed up processing is a complicated one. Each one of us (myself included) want our individual application to be processed as quickly as possible. That goes without saying. However in the grand scheme of things, it is not in our overall best interest to significantly (note that I'm saying "significantly") increase the number of immigrants accepted each year. A country (any country) can only successfully accept a certain number of immigrants per year without creating havoc in its social support systems and infrastructure. In other words, if Canada suddently doubled the number of immigrants accepted per year, would we have the hospitals to support this influx of people? Would we have the schools? Or would classroom sizes increase and more students find themselves in portables? What about the day care system and mass transportation? These are all of the issues that governments of any country have to take into consideration when determining how many new arrivals a country can realistically accept/absorb in a year without impacting the quality of life of its existing inhabitants.

Anyway, no easy answers. But certainly lots of fodder for good discussions! :)

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I agree that increasing immigration is not necessarily a good thing. However, I do think that family class applications should be processed more quickly. Perhaps they need to increase the number of agents who are only doing family class applications. If it means a FSW has to wait longer, so be it. Family reunification should be their number 1 priority.

I do know that things are improving for some offices. Two visa offices in Africa, Nairobi and Accra were the word's slowest processing. It regularly took up to a year to schedule an interview, and 2 years to complete applications. For spouses, dependent children and adopted children this is completely unacceptable.

Nairobi got more officers last year, and things are working better. As you can see by my timeline, additional officers in Accra have certainly sped up the processing time. Our file was transferred to Accra and within a week we received notice of an interview scheduled for just 7 weeks away.

We are so very grateful that we seem to have applied at the 'right' time for our visa office!

Luca73

Jul 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well good that things have been cleared out. in the post when i was angry i never said any bad word to the people in the forum or to the forum i just said a F word in the air. you never say it? and it'S true i ve said that i wouldn't come back. maybe that was a mistake because the forum is useful i was just angry with the whole thing and i wanted to show that, maybe i should have kept it for myself.....