+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Welcoming around 1.5 million new immigrants

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Hi all
As on news today Canada will welcome around 1.5 million new immigrants from 2023 till 2025.
The funny thing is that they will bring all these people to the country and start a new dilemma for them when they apply to citizinship 3 years later.
IRCC before Welcoming more people should hire enough officers to to finish our application for citizinship.
I am a 2021 may applicant I had my interview on 7 of July and now after more than 4 months nothing has changed in my status.
The officer told me you will be soon Canadian, what is this soon, may be it is 1 or more year in the dictionary of IRCC.
let them finish our application and don't bring more people and put them in the que for ever....

Reactions: elbob

Emi012

Jun 13, 2018
Kinda selfish of you. Do you think Canada began accepting immigrants the minute you applied into the country? That they're weren't people on a backlog when you first applied for entry into Canada? Your argument is similar to what some Canadians use to say to justify their attitude towards immigrants, that they cant buy houses or get good jobs because immigrants. But theirs and your problem does not lie with immigrants but with the government. You're right that they should hire more people but that's where you should stop. You're not special and there's nothing about you that deserves to be here more than they are. I hope you gain wisdom.
Sincerely, a fellow immigrant.

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
Hi Emi
If you read my article I was drawing the attention to hire more officers and not putting immigrants in ques after the end of the 3 years.
The aim of the article was not against new commers but only to persuade and guide the government to finish old applications and not start a dilemma for new commers.

Emi012

Jun 13, 2018
This is ridiculous. Bringing in unqualified people to work in retail industry so they can pay rent and make real estate prices go up.
How do you know they're unqualified. They're probably more qualified than you. Canada poaches doctors, lawyers and other excellent people from various countries. You people are so funny, you get here and then you try to gatekeep.