+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Welcome to Alberta kit??????

gracel

Mar 16, 2010
Hi

My husband filed last June 2006 under Federal Skilled Worker program and his choice of destination is Alberta. We filed our application in Manila. Yesterday we received a letter from government of Alberta employment and immigration stating we need to log in to a website and get our Welcome to Alberta kit.
Does anyone received a letter like this? Does it means he is approved?

PLs. help......

bpa2006

Feb 11, 2010
Hai,

My wife also applied in 2006 may and last week I also got information through our consultant that he has received a letter from CIC to get the kit for Alberta. I realy don't know what is it. does it mean that if we are interested to Alberta, the processing will be speed up. I appplied from India
Please update your informations, meanwhile if i got something I will update.

Regards,

BPA

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gracel said:
Hi

My husband filed last June 2006 under Federal Skilled Worker program and his choice of destination is Alberta. We filed our application in Manila. Yesterday we received a letter from government of Alberta employment and immigration stating we need to log in to a website and get our Welcome to Alberta kit.
Does anyone received a letter like this? Does it means he is approved?

PLs. help......
Hi,

Many applicants might have received the same letter, but it was because of computer malfunction. I am quoting the post of one of the forum members below:

"I am writing their letter here .......u can judge the meaning of it..because m still confused....

Dear ....................

The Government of Alberta recently sent letters to a number of potential immigrants who had indicated interest in immigrating to Alberta through the Government of Canada's Federal skilled Worker Program, and you were among the name on the list.

The Purpose of the letter was to provide you with more information about Alberta and the immigration options that may be available to you through the provincial government.

An administrative error meant that some letters were mis-addressed, and you may have inadvertently been sent a letter which was incorrect in that it contained the name of another individual. At the same time, another individual may have received a letter containing your name. The error was an unfortunate and unintended result of a computer malfunction. However, the computer malfunction has now been rectified. we regret the error and the confusion that it may have caused you.

The message in the original letter remains true: if you have skills that Alberta needs, we invite you to consider Alberta as a place to live and work.

If you have not already done so, please consider visiting the web page listed below to receive a Welcome to Alberta kit that will help you learn more about the opportunities and attractions in our province. to receive your kit
1. Visit the following Alberta employment and immigration web page.........

2. On the web page pls provide the requested information.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RK Basra"

gracel

Mar 16, 2010
To BPA ,

Did your wife put Alberta as choice of destination when you applied? I just thought that maybe all of those who filed and chose Alberta as point of destination received a letter. I will update you as soon as my husband get the welcome to Alberta kit.

Hope its a good sign for us.... :)

bpa2006

Feb 11, 2010
Dear Gracel,

I think my consultan has been not mentioned about Alberta at the time of submitting file. But I think they have sent it to many others. I don't know how they are considering from the old applicants.

BPA

chintu

Sep 6, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2007
Doc's Request.
01-May-2009
AOR Received.
01-Jul-2007
Med's Request
01-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 2011
I too recvd the same Alberta Welcome Kit letter a week back. I have registered on their webstie and am now waiting for the kit [it is expected to take 8~10 weeks].

Chintu

B

basraranjit

Yest I Got a Welcome Kit From Alberta Govt. after receiving a letter 6 weeks back.

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HERE IS THE CASE WHO RECEIVED THE SAME....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-could-it-be-happened-t34690.0.html

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Hi All,

We also got a letter, same Alberta Kit. the only thing about it is, they are encouraging you to settle in Alberta. They premier of Alberta is trying to make Alberta the best province in the world. It has really no impace on the process, does not mean it is accpeted. I checked this with my brother also who lives in Alberta. I have send a request and they will send me the kit in 8-10 weeks. it just gives more info on Alberta.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Guys,

Can anybody let me know how to download this welcome kit,which you guys are referring to_Or else from where can i get this.

Thanks

Apr 26, 2010
Hello Everyone!

I too received a Welcome to Alberta Kit letter a few weeks back. I followed the instructions and registered online. Two days ago, I have already received the Welcome to Alberta Kit that they mentioned. It contained the following: A magazine about alberta, a map of alberta and 2010 Calendar of Alberta. To those who have received the kit, please let me know if your tsreceived the same contents or were other documents that you received apart from those I just mentioned. Sadly, it does not contain anything from the Embassy (CIC). This leads me to the conclusion that it is just a way for the government of alberta to market their province to those aspiring immigrants but nothing related to the processing of my application which I submitted to CIC. I hope I am wrong because I really want my application to get approved already.

If there is somebody there who knows more about this, please enlighten us so that we will know if we are already to expect the approval of our applications in a few months time or should we not expect as it would still take a long time (probably a couple more years). Thanks.

gracel

Mar 16, 2010
I also received my Welcome to Alberta kit. It consists of a magazine, a calendar and a road map. I believe that its just a marketing material from the Alberta province. It doesnt mention anything about prioritizing our application.